3rd February 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

after civil B.tech, what are all the options? jobs, exams and higher studies
13th March 2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

hi my question is that if i m having civil engineering and it's my 1st yr . in b.tech and i waana know that what type of internship i can do to increase my experiences in this field?
29th March 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

am a civil graduate with only one year teaching experince i want to join some company in plannig section or co-ordination side , will post graduate diploma in project managment useful or my basic BE qualification will do ??? if PGD PM is advicable then should the instution have reputation or on line like MIT ,pune will do? please guide me.......
thankyou
chandresh
30th March 2011, 02:54 PM
samreen haji

If you are interested in teaching then do m.e.it is good to do higher studies,it will be useful.civil engineering is best.even after doing degree you can get good jobs.it is a evergreen field.there are many job opportunities for civil engineer in india and also in abroad.it is not difficult to a get job for a civil engineer but the choice is your.
31st March 2011, 11:48 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I dont think there is so much research involved in civil engg , so my advice is to take a good job.
11th April 2011, 04:37 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
Its your choice whether what you want to do. If you still want to study more of civil engineering then you should go for higher studies like MTech which will fourish your career.

So chose whats the best for you. After MTech your will get 100 times better job than a BTech passout as MTech scope is lots.

thanks
3rd May 2011, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

IN WHICH STREAM I HAVE CHOOSE AFTER B.TECH IN CIVIL
18th May 2011, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

I am B Tech Civil Engg branch and I am in final year. I want to know that can I appear of completive examinations like IPS, Defence service and so on. From where I can get the correct guidance.
3rd July 2011, 06:30 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

it is better thing to do the job after passout from btech civil engineering.

you can give the exam like indian engineering services ( IES ) and join the better jobs into the government sector.

as civil engineering is the core branch , it offers many government jobs.

so it is always the better thing that you can do the jobs instead of furthar studying for different courses.
13th July 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

what is scope of energy and environmental engineering in future because i got seat in tamilnadu agriculture university?what is the link between civil and environmental engineering?
27th July 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

hey, i am a civil engineer (waitin 4 my final year results). I am trying to search 4 a job in pune itself. so if ny1 is working in ny construction company, cud u help me in gettin a job.????
18th August 2011, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

i m doing civil engineering 3rd year..... wat are the skills or value added courses that s needed 4 me?? i m a girl.. so i m not prefer 2 go for a field work..
19th August 2011, 01:32 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indhirani.d View Post
sir, i'm doing my civil engineering at final year.... is it better to continue higher studies? or go to job?
u should go in for a job because civil engineering is a branch in which u will learn much more by experience rather than theoritical knowledge..

hope this helps..
26th August 2011, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

which are the best companies to work after btech civil engineering.?
26th August 2011, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

sir,which is the best specification in mtech civil to do?
26th August 2011, 04:49 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
Both are good,bit depends on your condition ,if you family can support you with money then continue study ,if there is a money problem then you can do job or you can do job if like , there are no problem at all.
13th December 2011, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by indhirani.d View Post
sir, i'm doing my civil engineering at final year.... is it better to continue higher studies? or go to job?
its depends on you if you have responsibilities you go for job if you dint go for higher studies
13th December 2011, 03:20 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
civil engineering is a good course and there are many masters course which you can do.
If you wish to do job in private sector then you can apply seeing the advertisement in the newspaper. If you wish to apply for the public sector then you need to write GATE exam. The exam is held every year and the aspirant can appear in the branch in which degree is completed. With the gate score you can apply for your masters course too. The gate score is valid for a period of two years.
Doing masters course or applying for the job depends on your interest and need. If your in need of a job then you can apply for it. Otherwise you can apply for GATE Exam if you prefer to do masters in engineering. If you are interested in doing masters in business administration then prepare for the CAT exam with which you can get into the colleges.
You can also apply for the Indian engineering service too. Other service exam are indian administrative service, Indian police service.
29th January 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

is it compulsory for getting into BHEL.NTPc,CPWD..........gate score card is necessary ? / plz suggest something?
21st April 2012, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

hi, am civil engineer and i have 3 years experiance,
am planning to continue master , am thinking about MBA , what u recommend MBA or project managment ??
26th June 2012, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

what is the future oc m.tech in civil engineering for government job?
29th June 2012, 02:36 PM
Geethu.S

Immediately after completing the course, you should try for jobs, and depending on the type of job, you can decide whether to go for higher studies or not.
The best option is to study courses on AUTOCAD, ARCHICAD, and the structural analysis software STAAD.
These are most necessary skills for a civil engineer.
4th January 2013, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

What about M.Tech (Structural Engineering) in Chennai V.I.T.?
1st March 2013, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

i heard that,there is some course of 1 yr duration for B.E completion in civil engneerng students ,aftr cmpletion of that course they will give a certificate.if we shw that certifacte in any cmpany they will pay 13,00000 per month.wat is dat course n wat shuld i do 2 write dat xam?
5th March 2013, 08:16 PM
LakshmiNivas13

Smile Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

It is better to go for higher studies if you think that your theoretical knowledge will be enough to reach practical approach. And also if you are financially good. But if you settle in any job you can use your B.tech knowledge only which is limited. If you got job after completion of your higher studies it is some what better for future. And also you can go for research on the particular subject.
.... I want to suggest you to "go for higher studies"
Thanq friend...
29th June 2013, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

sir I do b.e. in civil engineering ...... I want to know about master in environment engineering..... what a chance after it is completed?
1st September 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

With an experience of 3 years in a purely Consultant/Construction firms, and 14years in an Oil Pipeline Cooporation and with the following qualifications: Ordinary Diploma in Building & Civil Engineering, HND in Construction in Civil Engineering - structural Engineering option; Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology in Civil Engineering; Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management. Currently, I am studying MSc in Construction Engineering & Management (Project Management); are there prospects in Canada, U.K, Nethalands,U.S.A and Australia once I am through with the MSc. programme (with a total experience of 18 years by then)? If these prospects are there, in which areas are they?
17th January 2014, 05:23 PM
jaye99

Dear Friend,
If you have interest in continuing studies and dont have any financial problems, then i'd recommend you to complete your higher studies at one shot because giving a break in studies and continuing them after doing a job for some period doesn;t suit every one.
11th February 2014, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

I am in final year of civil engg. With 72 percent but from a z grade college,so no placement, i want to know that whether i do mtech in earthquake or any other, or do a private job, please suggest me.
11th February 2014, 09:14 PM
Sowmya449

First of all try to get a good job in campus interviews ....if you got good job only after doing btech then there is no need to go further studies. you can start your carrier now. but if you are not getting any jobs then you must do higher studies like mtech or mba and increase your qualifications so that you will get good jobs. ...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?