2nd August 2010, 10:44 PM
indhirani.d

After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

sir, i'm doing my civil engineering at final year.... is it better to continue higher studies? or go to job?

2nd August 2010, 11:05 PM
rajanivedha

Default Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

IF YOU HAVE A DEEP INTENSE OF HIGHER STUDIES YOU CAN PURSUE HIGHER STUDIES OR ELSE YOU CAN TRY OUT FOR JOBD IN larsen and toubro in civil engg side ... it offers a lot
2nd August 2010, 11:28 PM
shubham957

Default Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indhirani.d View Post
sir, i'm doing my civil engineering at final year.... is it better to continue higher studies? or go to job?
if you are getting a good job only after doing btech then there is no need to do higher studies. you can start your carrier now. but if you are not getting any jos then you must do higher studies like mtech or mba and increase your qualifications so that you will get good jobs.
good luck
2nd August 2010, 11:33 PM
adityabhushan

hiiiiiiiii...
first of all,all the best for your final year ..................completion.
civil engineering is a better field you have choosed .... it have more scopes than others ......
you have asked like.job or higher study is better......
i prefer the job with suitable scale is better to do . higher studies ...... actually . if u got any job . having good scale . then u can do ur higher studies wid distance education. after the job just t needs only valid degree...........so i'll refer to do job wid good scale..

wishing u all the best ,.
3rd August 2010, 12:27 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Its your choice whether what you want to do. If you still want to study more of civil engineering then you should go for higher studies like MTech which will fourish your career.

So chose whats the best for you. After MTech your will get 100 times better job than a BTech passout as MTech scope is lots.

So think hard
3rd August 2010, 12:33 AM
itisha.chauhan

see...its uptu u wat do u want....
if u have passion for study and if u really want to achieve high positions .......and moreover if u can devote urself to higher studies and hard work then go for higher studies and higher posts.......otherwise u can work with a b.tech deegre for a long tym to achieve that much high position.......
3rd August 2010, 12:39 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

dear friend

don't be confused it depends on u which line to select.

first thing if u will be able to get a good job in any reputed company like DLF, NTPC, BHEL, JAIYPEE GROUP and many more,then i will suggest u to go for the job.higher study can be done latter also.

industrial experience is very important for carrier .

if u are interested for higher studies then leave job go for M.TECH than PHD.

acquire a deep knowledge on your field. after this u can be able to get good job in research sectors.

all the best.
3rd August 2010, 12:40 AM
lovesh hotty

Hello,

This is totally your choice whether you go for job or further studies.
After having civil engineering, you may get some good job,but if you go for further study like M.Tech,MBA,M.S etc then you may get superb job.
Anyway the choice is yours.

good luck.
3rd August 2010, 12:52 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,

This is totally dependent on,the choice is yours either you choose job first or go for further study.

If after your B.Tech you get any good job then you must continue it, otherwise if you not get any good job then you may continue your master degree as M.Tech,MBA,M.S etc.
So make a good choice for your bright career,
good luck.
3rd August 2010, 01:22 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

If you dont have any Money problem and are also interested in going for it, then there is nothing to think in it just go for it.

Higher studies will always act as an Asset and a gaurantee for increased Employbility oppurtunities.

But Remeber Civil Engineering is a branch whose 1st priority is experiance and Analytical Bent of Mind. Weather you will be a B.Tech holder or M.Tech holder you will face little problem in the begining and also can not expect very good pay, because Civil Engineering takes time to take off from career point of view.

So, think well before acting.

Best of Luck
3rd August 2010, 02:27 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Since you havn't mentioned the %age of B.Tech , I have two suggestion for you:
1. GENERAL: You should try to forward your CV to company executives or some reliable consultancies(based in Gurgaon) for job.
2. SPECIFIC: There is no benifit for doing post-graduation at least for civil eng. branch , because most of the companies,hiring civil eng., do not need M.Tech or specific type of training for that.
They hire on the basis of your civil degree, you just need to forward your resume to them.
3rd August 2010, 04:00 AM
ravi6

Smile Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

Quote:
dear,
this is depend on your interest and career. if you have interest to do higher study in civil engineering then go for it. If you want to go in industries sector then B.TECH civil engineering is sufficient.
Actually students go for higher study after engineering who take interest in teaching line. if you want to join companies, or want to work at industries then Bechlor's degree is sufficient.
Basically both are better.Higher study also help in industries.so choose this according to your interest.

REGARDS
ravi6
3rd August 2010, 04:04 AM
Sathishkannan

UG degree in civil engineering is enough if you have good percentage so,you can try for jobs especially governmment jobs both central and state government jobs rather than private jobs because government are more for civil engineering when compared to other degree and it is safest one.so you appear for the government exams conducted at regular interval for this exam you should prepare well either by going coaching class or by your own and get thorough of all the basic concepts about your field and also develop your knowledge in current affairs by reading newspaper,indian politics and history and other social activities.
3rd August 2010, 10:53 AM
rohity821

Thumbs up Re: After Civil Engineering is it better to continue to higher studies or jobs should be preferred?

if u get a government job or a job in which u get a higher salary then job should b preffrd or higher study
3rd August 2010, 11:59 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

If you aspire to go for higher studies then continue with your Post graduation.
Post graduation can give you better employment opportunities. But if you wish to get a job with good salary after B.tech go for it. It depends on your interest.
3rd August 2010, 11:59 AM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend its ma pleasre to inform you that you can choose anything as this civil field is always a ever green field as its stays at one place everytime never get down so you can do whatever you like ........if you have any finiancial problems at home you can gofor job orlese if there is no problem you can for the higher studies as every degree needs a higher studies so its better if you do higher if you don have any problem so that you can get a good pay.................

regards
azhar
3rd August 2010, 01:35 PM
lovesh hotty

hello friend,
if you are an student of civil Engineering Branch,then there is no condition that you will not find any job,as the branch is an core branch ,you will definitely find job.as if you are interested in higher studies then you can go towards the master degree(M tech),then onwards you can also find the job of lecturer in any college .whether you will have to try for Delhi,as there metro construction work is going on,and Delhi is also Devloping day by day,there you can get any job at higher price money,then you don't have to study further.you can also go for further studies side by side of job by open if you want,there is an university which held open courses named as IGNOU (Indra Gandhi National Open University)
3rd August 2010, 02:53 PM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

After civil engineering doing jobs better than higher studies because you try
for more jobs in construction fields in India or abroad...here many jobs in other countries for civil engineers,which requires high experience.... so don't waste time in higher study.Taking experience in construction field.... this is better for you....
3rd August 2010, 03:08 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
you must do higher studies after btech because it will not only increase your qualification but also the salary of placement. I know many people who started doing job after btech and now they want to do mtech to increase their salary and qualification. So you must start preparing for cat or gate exam.
All the best
3rd August 2010, 04:23 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

It's depend on u.if u have not any problem related to money then u can go for higher study because it encreses the chances of getting the job and also u get more salary than those who don't goes for higher study.so think well and then do anything.
3rd August 2010, 07:03 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Well whether you want to go for a job or higher studies is totally upon you.If you get placed in a good company, then its better to get into the job. However if thats not the case, then its better to go for higher studies. It improves your job prospects.

Also, there isnt a cash crunch at your end, then it is always better to go for higher studies looking at todays market competition.

Good Luck!
3rd August 2010, 07:08 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see, if you are interested to work with your civil field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, MBA is essentially required.

though if you have job in your hand, then you can also do it.

all the best........
3rd August 2010, 07:27 PM
sujatha jayachandran

Quote:
Hello indhirani,
It is better to do your M.E. degree or M.Tech degree.And for that you can join in IITs by excelling in GATE exams.It adds you more value while trying for job.
You can also try for exams conducted for government jobs like A.E,J.E posts and likewise.
If u join in jobs with B.E.degree you may not be sure that you are permanent.Moreover in growing trends a P.G degree becomes necessary to pursue in jobs.
3rd August 2010, 08:13 PM
samyakshah

Hello,

First of all Wishing you All The Best for your Engineering.

I suggest you that If you get a good job through college campus interviews or from outside then go for the job. Currently, the market is good and improving specially in the area of Infrastructure Development and many new Civil Engg. prjects are coming. Everyone (every state government) is going for the improvement of his state's infrastructure. So you will get a better opportunity plus experience also.

If you are not getting any good job, then dont worry. Instead of waiting for a good one, go for higher education. Higher education always adds value to your profile.

So think accordingly... Wish You All The Best for your Carrier...
3rd August 2010, 08:41 PM
mayankkaushik02

If you getting a job with good salary after BTech only then there is no need to go for MTech but if not then you will have to go for higher studies.
4th August 2010, 02:08 PM
Shyammohta

if u r getting the jobs in b.tech then u should do the job otherwise m.tech . also its uptu..if u want to pursue m.tech degree you can do that..but doing m.tech after b.tech will take another three years.
29th August 2010, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

i am doing BE civil engineering.what can i opt after my BE ,MBA or ME or Job
30th August 2010, 01:10 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear friend ....

as you are doing civil engineering you have lots of scope.

1.you can do jobs for getting experience for three and four year.

2.also you can for higher studies like M.Tech .or MBA.

but i think you should go for job...

best of luck.........
30th August 2010, 02:10 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing BE civil engineering.what can i opt after my BE ,MBA or ME or Job

If you dont have any Money problem and are also interested in going for Higher studies, then there is nothing to think in it just go for it.

Higher studies will always act as an Asset and a gaurantee for increased Employbility oppurtunities.

But Remeber Civil Engineering is a branch whose 1st priority is experiance and Analytical Bent of Mind. Weather you will be a B.Tech holder or M.Tech holder you will face little problem in the begining and also can not expect very good pay, because Civil Engineering takes time to take off from career point of view.

However, if you are goig to opt for MBA then followings are best for you.

Construction Management

Operation

Supply Chain Management

Real Estate

Regards
~Faiyaz~
30th August 2010, 08:06 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
there are a lot of job opportunities after civil engineering and also for higher studies.so it dpends on you waht you choose.if you very much intersted for higher studies then go for it and if finance is a problem for you then i will suggest you to do a job.it wil be a better option for you.some of the companies for you are:-
1.DLF
2.L&T
3.SAIL
4.BHEL
5.Jindal Steel
All The Best!!!!
30th August 2010, 08:45 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
the decision should depend onm the fact that whether you are getting job in an good company or not,
if you are getting job in company like l&T then it would be better to continue with job or its better to go for higher studies but make sure you do m.tech from an reputed institute like iit,
also you can take break and prepare for ias or ies exam
all the best
30th August 2010, 11:12 AM
Senior Member+++

hello friend
higher studies always boost your knowledge and skills in the relevant field
as you completed your civil engineering you willl easily get a medium or fresher level job
so with your job also you can also go for a post graduate course
or if you do not want to do a job then you can go for a regular pg in any of the following streams
:
supply chain management
operation
construction managent
30th August 2010, 11:19 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Since you have completed your Civil engineerin recently...the time to study has not ended yet....You can do higher studies for better prospects and job satisfaction....but If you have a good job that will suit you in future,...then you can carry on with the job...

Good luck !!
30th August 2010, 02:34 PM

hi
all the best for ur final semesters. first of all what u r thinking on ur mind? so many job vacancies r there in civil engg field u can get the job easily really if u the stuff. But if u r interested in teaching profession or research then u must pursue the higher studies.

Regards
hema
30th August 2010, 03:07 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

it depends on you.as you have to do all these things.

but if you are interested in research and teaching fields then higher studies is better.

after doing phd you can join nay top engineering college as a senior lecturer.

but if you are not interested in above field then you can go for jobs of any kind.

all the best.
30th August 2010, 03:53 PM
KHAN20

dear friend
i think higher study will be best choice.
according to my thinking u will get job after completing civil engg.bt ur salary will not be so high.if u do higher study u get more salary plus reputed jobs.the higher studies courses avalable for u that
1.m.tech
2.mba
if u r interested in higher study on ur departmental subject then u do m.tech.bt if u want to do higher study in business sector then u may go for mba.
so make choice & build ur carieer.
good luck.
30th August 2010, 04:54 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

see , as our country is now at developing stage, so, the infra structure of our country is also developing, for that many new construction companies are opening, so, there is huge chance to get a good job..

my suggestion is first go for a job , if you get a good job then continue it..

otherwise you can go for higher studies..

all the best..
30th August 2010, 10:41 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends.

As the civil engineering is one of the booming department in this time,

so there is alot of the job scope only after the b.tech,

so if you will get the good job, then there is no needs to go for the further studies.
31st August 2010, 03:33 AM
Saikiran M

Dear Friend.

It is always best and worth to go for masters in Engineering these days.
But as you are in CIV Engineering, you are on your own.

I advice you to go with your heart not mind<-
As both the options will make you happy in the long run, I've said this.
So you will be satisfied in person with your decision and you will feel happy.

Thank you.

MASK
31st August 2010, 10:44 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

it is your choice.

if you will go for the highers studies then your skill as well as technical knowledge will

increses.

and youmay get better compnay that that of the b.tech profile.

but after b.tech you can go for the job.
31st August 2010, 11:31 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
this type of decision should be taken as per your interest.
If you have interest to do further studies & have no financial problem in family then you should do further studies like M.Tech or MBA etc.
otherwise i suggest you to apply for jobs.
As you are in Civil engineering then you have a better option to do government job.
there are so many job vacancies published for civil engineers, you can also go through it.

good luck.
31st August 2010, 05:38 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
you will find jobs at the site
www.fresherworld.com
www.naukri.com
best of luclk
31st August 2010, 08:58 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

after civil engneering you will be better for to do higher studies like aeronautical engineering on the basis of gate exam
elligibility:
70% marks in b.tech in overall semister.
good luck
1st September 2010, 02:06 PM
syedirshadameen

i think after civil engineering no need to study higher study
9th October 2010, 10:04 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Its better to go for higher studies after Civil engineering.

Higher will you do , more you will get.

It will furinish your mind and provide you better opportunities to go for higher companies.

If you will go for higher studies, more information you will get and take to you to the better post.
25th October 2010, 06:42 PM
mseetharamster

Higher studies increase your value as an engineer.

But doing from a good institute is also important.
And coming to job the payscale increment will not be so high.
17th December 2010, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

i m in gammon india ltd at mumbai port trust....
i m confused ,should i go for IES or GATE or PSU exams...
i m SC category candidate...
i did my b.tech from NIT Surathkal, karnataka with cgpa 8.36
28th December 2010, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

m doing civil and structural 3rd year and but i m prefering computer based for my career,so is there any courses belonging to that?
29th December 2010, 12:18 PM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
m doing civil and structural 3rd year and but i m prefering computer based for my career,so is there any courses belonging to that?
i think you should join NIIT,there the coaching and coarses are very good and also the certificate has very good value in the field,
these days companies like tcs and infosys are allowing even civil students ,you could sit in the campus interview of these companies
all the best
31st January 2011, 05:15 PM
mychandru024

Its better if you go for higher studies... that will improve your knowledge and skill set.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?