19th April 2010, 09:00 PM
pradu.14

Cfa from US or from India? Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india?

i am a student graduated in b.com banking & insurance last year, studying for fellowship of iii. I want to go for a professional course like cfa or any other course related with insurance sector. Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india? What is the major difference between cfa from us and india? Also suggest me any other course in insurance or finance.

21st April 2010, 04:01 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Cfa from US or from India? Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india?

ICFAI is the Best place in India for persuing CFA (Chatered Financial Analyst).Infact it is the introducer of CFA course to India.CFA is a 12 months or 18 months short course.It depends upon the Weiver that when do you able to complete your CFA in 12 or more months.

It also depends upon Level.And one of the amazing fact about persuing CFA from ICFAI os that,after completeing level-2 you will be offered wiever for CIIA,swithzerland.Is'nt that amazing.

Then why to waist your time in thinking will ICFIA is good or not,just go for it.

Best of Luck
21st April 2010, 04:55 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cfa from US or from India? Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india?

Dear friends
The CFA course is recognized as the best course in finance sector. But that recognition is hold only by CFA institute USA, the single one. www.cfainstitute.org/
The ICFAI is not approved by AICTE itself. So, the CFA from ICFAI has very less value in India and when you think about career in Multi national companies then its all in vein.
So there is no comparison of CFA from ICFAI India or from CFA institute USA.
If you want to enter in finance sector and you think that you can't do it from CFA institute USA then let me tell you very clearly that CFA from USA is a distance examination kind of exam. You don't require to go USA. The exam is like CA exam (CPT I,II,III) in India. There are study material provided by the CFA institute USA itself and you have to complete pass all the examination.
Even if you complete level I and II of the exam you will get jobs not less than the top packages of IIMs.

I cannot write all the details at a time. Your all queries about how is the exam conducted, Certification, Syllabus, Procedure etc can be solved by visiting wikipedia.
Everyone who has any doubt regarding CFA must visit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Financial_Analyst

I hope this will help you very much.

Thank You
6th June 2010, 06:09 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

CFA institute is not affiliated with CFA degree offered by ICFAI. I would never suggest anyone to go for this course now because of the unpredictibility of its establishment in India. The delhi high court has only given a provisional permission to open up test centers by the CFA institute this year. Any change in decission by delhi high court will directly effect the Career prospects of CFA's in India.
But if you really want to be a Chartered financial Analyst, you need to have a university degree and 4 years of professional work experience in an investment decission making process, without which you can join but can not obtain the CFA degree.

So, if you want to make your carer in finanace/insurance apart from CFA, then the best way is to pursue MBA or could join Insurance Institute of India which offers a wide variety of courses for career in insurance.
7th June 2010, 06:46 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

This controvercy with CFA course offered by ICFAI is very old.

I am listening this from very begining.

Every 4 out of 10 peoples dont agree with CFA course of ICFAI.

Why this doubt is there I am still unable to understand it, hope this issue will solve soon.........
7th June 2010, 08:19 PM
help100%

Look dear its really good if you work in India rather than the USA ,because maximum financial analysis are done in India only.So, better you do work in India.Here is some details related to CFA institutes as follows:

List of Training Centres Head Quarters
1. Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) Road No3. Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500 034.

Associate Centres
1. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi-835 215.
2. Institute of Financial Management and Research, Nungam-bakkam, Chennai-600 034.
3. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, V.L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai-56.
4. S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Munshi Nagar, Andheri (W) Mumbai-400 058.
5. Somaiya Institute of Management, Vidyanagar, Mumbai-7.
6. Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubbaneshwar-751 013

Details about ICFAI Courses can be had from the different study centres
Study Centres in Kerala
1. The ICFAI University, Rukiya Bagh Bldg, Ist Floor, Near Deepa Theatre, Ravipuram, MG Road, Ernakulam-682 016, Ph: 0484-2369763, 2382294.
2. Calicut: 2nd Floor, Kannankandy Building, (Opp. Noble auto Agencies), Near Arayadathpalam, PO Pathiyara, Mavoor Road, Calicut-673 004, Ph: 0495-2722660.
3. Kollam: Ist Floor, CSI Building Near Dhanya Theatre, CSI Christ Church Charitable Society Building, Kadapakada, Kollam-691 008, Ph: 0474-3091485.
4. Kottayam: 3rd Floor, Logos Centre, Losos Junctio9n, Sastri Road, Kottayam Municipality Ward 9/1478, Kottayam-686 001, Ph: 0481-2561131.
5. Thrissur: 3rd Floor, Marva Arcade, Above Lord Krishna Bank, Room No. 806/19, M.G. Road, Corporation Ward No. 25, Thrissur, Ph: 0487-3090920
6. Trivandrum : TC No. 24/459 (3), Ist Floor, Suganth Building, (Opp. Kerala State Council Child Welfare), Music Academy Road, Thycaud, Trivandrum-695 036, Ph: 0471-2320853, 2321302.

So, better you opt for this course from this institutes and have a bright career in future.
For any further queries free to ask here.

Best of Luck,
help100%
9th June 2010, 08:01 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

If you have made your mind to do something in finance only than CFA is a great
option and for obvious reasons a degree from US will have cutting edge one can
work in any part of the world. So, if you want to CFA course from US, then it
is better for you..........
25th July 2010, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

hey, can anyone pls tell me that CFA from US is only distance leaning course or it can be done ragularly ?
28th July 2010, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

do we require 4 years of job experience to get a cfa degree or after clearing d 3 levels we can get this degree...?
4th August 2010, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Cfa from US or from India? Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
ICFAI is the Best place in India for persuing CFA (Chatered Financial Analyst).Infact it is the introducer of CFA course to India.CFA is a 12 months or 18 months short course.It depends upon the Weiver that when do you able to complete your CFA in 12 or more months.

It also depends upon Level.And one of the amazing fact about persuing CFA from ICFAI os that,after completeing level-2 you will be offered wiever for CIIA,swithzerland.Is'nt that amazing.

Then why to waist your time in thinking will ICFIA is good or not,just go for it.

Best of Luck
WOW! ICFAI GUYS! SHAMELESS ADVERTISING

CFA from ICFAI has no market value
5th August 2010, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

hello people.
i m working in a PSU as a financial analyst.i m planning to do cfa from icfai.
will it make huge difference in us or india icfai cfa,since i have heard us cfa is very hard to clear,tough,and many people are struck up with in between only.so what are the job prospects of icfai cfa in india.?will comapnies give it some wightage or what..?please provide me a clear picture.

please please reply to my email id:

[email protected]
17th August 2010, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradu.14 View Post

i am a student graduated in b.com banking & insurance last year, studying for fellowship of iii. I want to go for a professional course like cfa or any other course related with insurance sector. Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india? What is the major difference between cfa from us and india? Also suggest me any other course in insurance or finance.
My Self Ganesh Sadula . I working in HSBC Bank as a Analyst.I am Doing CFA From ICFAI University. Indian CFA is Gives Good Knowledge of Financial Market ... If affordable for Paying fees morethan Rs.75000/- u can definatly do US CFA only bcouz US CFA is been examination started in Indian Also there is no bother of going out of India For Exam,,,,,,Once again Who not problem money for paying fees...then definatly go For US CFA ...I Doing Indian CFA bcz It Gives Good knowledge Of Indian Financial Market........... After Completing Indian CFA i go US CFA
24th September 2010, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

i am dwarkesh iyer pursuing with my ICWAI programme. i would like to know that whether CFA from USA is a good course for cwa students and which countries cfa has a graeter value, as i am planning to go abroad for work

my mail id is [email protected]

plz reply
26th September 2010, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

hi ,i am 25 yrs old within 4 months i am going to complete my distant MBA in hr and currently working in a food industry in admin but one of my friend told me about the bright career in insurance sector as he is working in a insurance brokerage firm, so i am thinking about to do fellowship from III so what kind of job i can get in insurance sector considering my qualification and work experience .
plz reply to get clear my dilemma
Manoj.
[email protected]
1st October 2010, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

i am Associate member of Insurance Institute of India but dont have any work experience. now i want to persue my career in general insurance (underwriting or claim). can anyone guide?
16th October 2010, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

CFA completation good from ICFAI or CFA Institute,USA ???

Ajay Sharma
8th December 2010, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

do we require 4 years of job experience to get a cfa degree or after clearing d 3 levels we can get this degree...?
21st December 2010, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

if u want international recognisation go for us cfa otherwise study here &wait for indian verdict of further confusion,at the same time dont feel superior to go back of usa....... Biswajit
22nd December 2010, 07:00 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend
if you want recognisation go for us cfs otherwise study hear. good luck
9th January 2011, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

will US CFA and India CFA make huge difference ??
11th January 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

CFA from US is the best because it has great market value both in india and us and other part of the world.Also the package after doing US CFA is awesome....2 lakh rupees per month after 2 yrs of experience after completing US CFA.......Sounds good na....

Komal
2nd February 2011, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

hi Friends,

i m a MBA degree holder in finance and about to complete my last group of CFA which is offered by ICFAI. i just want to know some of the MNC wherein CFA's are required. could anyone help to know the same.

thanks,
6th February 2011, 10:12 PM
diego
Banned

well friend CFA USA is the real CFA ... ICFAI CFA is just a poor copy of it.
CFA usa has great syllabus content.And It is well recognized all over the world
and gives you a chance of becoming part if a most distinguished group of people.
IF you Become a CFA you become an authority on finance... CFA's are paid same as MBA's of top MBA colleges like IVY league( Harward wharton etc.)
On the other hand CFA ICFAI is not even recognized in India itself.It has not got AICTE approval .. it may get you a job but you will be poorly paid will poor career growth.
www.cfainstitute.org/
If you are interested courses like
FRS and CPA are very good and well recognized.
www.aicpa.org/
www.garp.org/FRM
19th February 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

hi , i have done my MBA in finance, i want to work in abroad and i want to pursue CFA ,,, for US CFA what i need to do, n how much would be the cost......
26th February 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Whether i should GO FOR MBA, CFA OR CFP???? if CFA THEN I SHOULD GO FOR INDIAN CFA OR US CFA .DOES CFA INDIA HAS VALUE AS RUN BY ICFAI.
CFA INDIA IS VALID IN HOW MANY COUNTRIES????????????????????????????????????
6th March 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Hi frnds,
Myself Satyendra Kumar I did MBA in Finance in 2008 and working with F&A deptt. I am thinking to go for CFA course.... Will you suggest me best institute in India for both distance and regular.

Please help me in choosing right institute.........thanks

reply me at [email protected]

Warm regards........
S Kumar
15th March 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i want to do cfa course but i m puzzled for doing CFA that which cfa is good for me. is icfai cfa good or not. plz reply me soon
18th March 2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

hi ,i want to know to take admission in cfa usa which bachlor degree is preferable means b.com, bms, bba, b.com [hons]or anyother.pls suggest
30th March 2011, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

pls tel how to allpy
31st March 2011, 03:07 PM
cricket007
Banned

List of Training Centres Head Quarters

1. Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) Road No3. Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500 034.

Associate Centres
1. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi-835 215.
2. Institute of Financial Management and Research, Nungam-bakkam, Chennai-600 034.
3. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, V.L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai-56.
4. S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Munshi Nagar, Andheri (W) Mumbai-400 058.
5. Somaiya Institute of Management, Vidyanagar, Mumbai-7.
6. Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubbaneshwar-751 013
9th April 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

is now the CFA coursefrom ICFAI is woth pursuing, does the global companies recognise this course...whats the average salary that we can expect from this course along with ICWAI
27th April 2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

hi i am a company secretary i wanted to know my job prospects after pursuing CFA (international).Please revert back.
29th April 2011, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

hi, i am student of bba(h) 2nd year.Kindly tell me where american cfa study or college or trainning center in india?And fees also
10th May 2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

i am appearing last group of Indian CFA. i am also appearing for international CFA this time. i see no difference between both of them. both have one thing in common i.e. they are not full time and are done in distance. moreover for both INDIAN and US the appearing candidate have to prepare on their own and pass the exams. the training is insufficient for both. if the candidate has enough experience and has very good touch over various concepts of finance than he may not face any trouble in clearing INDIAN/US CFA

international CFA is costly and there are no know abouts of its successful conduct of exams and is costly
16th May 2011, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

does the course syllabus of cfa from us and icfai are same ?
16th May 2011, 05:02 PM
abhiaks

does the syllabus of cfa offered from us and icfai are same ?
18th May 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Please let me know if one do not clear his first level in CFA US then do he need to pay again same amount for reappearing in exam

Thanks in Advance
4th June 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradu.14 View Post

go for archary
6th June 2011, 11:29 AM
mohit084

IF YOU WANT TO GO IN INSURANCE THEN DO ANY COURSE RELATED TO ACCTURIAL ACCOUNTING THEIR ARE BOTH indian and uk base acctury courses that can be done online and they are highly paid also visit CIIA-UK site
6th June 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Hello,

I am planning to start us cfa soon. Please let me know if u are able to complete us cfa, then what are the chances of getting job in the us and ways of entering us job market directly from india.

Thanks,
Raj.
8th June 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I am planning to start us cfa soon. Please let me know if u are able to complete us cfa, then what are the chances of getting job in the us and ways of entering us job market directly from india.

Thanks,
Raj.
If you are interested in global career then you need a specifric counselling note down my personal email id [email protected] i will try to book an online appointment with you becouse i cant publish my personal number on public discussion portal
9th June 2011, 10:54 PM
jn.pravesh

Hi,
I'm a MBA final year student. I have some queries regarding indian CFA exam:
1. is it a distance learning exam same as international CFA? is it also a 3 tier exam?
2. what are its fees?.. plz give me link to its site
3. I read on wikipedia that its biggest plus point is that it is modified according to the indian market and its regulations... please tell how authentic these statements are.

Awaiting a positive reply soon.

Thanks,
Pravesh
11th June 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

hey friends myself Deepak Kumar and am about to complete my CA as i have passed of CA-Final nd waiting for result of 2nd group of CA Final. I want to do CFA (US) so will it be beneficial for me or not.

Please reply me on "[email protected]"
or u may reply me at 9310011881
12th June 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

i want to do CFA from USA(New york)..... I am a B.com graduate from andhra pradesh and also holding one year of JOB experience from franklin templeton investment company. Can you plese let me know the full course fees and duration for CFA if i m doing it from USA.... Thank you in advance and kindly reply me on my yahoo ID: [email protected].

Please provide me needed ddetails as soon as possible... thanks.
12th June 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Buddy ca and cfa both are the opposite streams with different rules and roles why you want to try both
15th June 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for appling for the course after doing ca in India ? Is there any Institute for cfa in India ? May I can apply for Cfa in Usa being a citizen of India?
20th June 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi
i m completed mcom last year & currently working in bpo sector
i plan for cfp or int cfa but i have doubt on this which one is better for me either cfp or int. Cfa
if first i go for cfp then go for int. Cfa it is write options.a.

Plz help me i m waiting for your answer
20th June 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post

Best of Luck
total wastage of money and time = CFA of ICFAI. people who do this have to do again CFA of US because it is recognized world wide
30th June 2011, 02:52 AM
Priyaa123

Quote:
hey, can anyone pls tell me that CFA from US is only distance leaning course or it can be done ragularly ?
CFA is not a course. It's an exam. Just like PMP or CA in India. You've to clear the exams, and you can take training for the exam from anywhere or just do self study and take the exam
6th October 2011, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Talking Re: Cfa from US or from India? Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india?

Quote:
My Self Ganesh Sadula . I working in HSBC Bank as a Analyst.I am Doing CFA From ICFAI University. Indian CFA is Gives Good Knowledge of Financial Market ... If affordable for Paying fees morethan Rs.75000/- u can definatly do US CFA only bcouz US CFA is been examination started in Indian Also there is no bother of going out of India For Exam,,,,,,Once again Who not problem money for paying fees...then definatly go For US CFA ...I Doing Indian CFA bcz It Gives Good knowledge Of Indian Financial Market........... After Completing Indian CFA i go US CFA
Dear Unregistered HSBC employee. I think doing CFA atleast mean that one should have minimum language proficiency in English. Your linguistic ability is amazing. Best of Luck

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?