29th July 2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Will I be able to get a job after doing B.E Civil?

i m joining b.e civil, after 4 years will i get good job in futurity?

5th June 2015, 01:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to get a job after doing B.E Civil?

Yes, of course, you can get good jobs after completion of your bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.

From my point of view the best government job for a civil engineer is through the Indian Engineering Services examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

You need to be a graduate in Engineering in order to apply for the exam. The age limit is 21-30 years with upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST respectively.

It is a tough exam so you need to build strong concepts of your technical subjects while pursuing bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Read daily newspapers and focus on day to day events for general knowledge and awareness.

For jobs in Public Sector Undertakings like IOCL, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC etc, you will have to secure good rank in Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering.

GATE is conducted by the IIT for master's degree in technology but nowadays most of the PSUs are recruiting candidates on the basis of GATE scorecard. You can appear for this exam in final year of engineering. It is an objective test of 100 marks and consisting of questions from technical subjects and aptitude.

If you are interested in joining defense sector, you can apply for the Airforce Common Admission test or Combined Defense Services in final year of engineering for government jobs in defense.

You can also get jobs in private sector companies by clearing the recruitment tests of various companies which includes aptitude, technical interview and human resource interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?