6th February 2011, 03:39 PM
studentmysore

Admission to IITs after low marks in Engineering and good score in GATE?

can i get admissions to MTECH iit with low engineering marks but high GATE scores...?

7th February 2011, 06:36 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission to IITs after low marks in Engineering and good score in GATE?

For appearing to the IIT's it is a must that you complete the course from a recognised institute. Also you need to have a minimum of 60% marks in graduation. You will need to appear for an entrance where you will need to secure at least a score of 300 marks. So if you have secured less than 60% in graduation then you are not eligible to apply. There is no point in applying if you have less score in graduation as your application will be rejected.
14th February 2011, 09:15 PM
bikenindia

Default Re: Admission to IITs after low marks in Engineering and good score in GATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentmysore View Post
can i get admissions to MTECH iit with low engineering marks but high GATE scores...?
Hi,

Yes, definitely, you can get admission if you score GATE very well.
As you are eligible to write GATE exam, they won't consider engineering marks.
They will consider only GATE score.
If you are qualified for counselling, then you can go for counselling and get a college through that.

Thanks
17th March 2011, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

My daughter scored 47.76 in Gate2011 Biotechenoloyg XE what is the possibility to get admission in IIT or NIT
17th March 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 arrears in my 6th sem. I've rewritten those and waiting for results. I have 50 out of 100 in GATE in ECE. please help.....
26th March 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

If i can't secure 95% or above in gate exam then what is the probability of getting admission in IIT
14th July 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

i want to join mtech in mech engg in iit.what is the score?
10th December 2011, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

there is any fee in iit mtech ?
13th June 2013, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

can i get admission for iit with low engineering marks but with high gate score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?