26th August 2010, 12:18 PM
arsh pathak

Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low, what are the possible problems I could face?

hullo i m studying in silicon institute, orissa.and i hav got 70%througout in 3 years of my be.m in 4rth year now..bt in isc (12th )my marks werehy 52,maths 56 and chem 48.will i get a good job if i get 70%in 4rth year too..although my isc marks are too bad..plzz help...

Related Questions:
  1. Will I face any problem at the time of placement with low marks in 12th?
  2. Will I face any problem due to low marks in 12th? Tips to get good placement?
  3. What kind of problems are faced in career with low percentage in 12th? -- [New]
  4. What is the scope available for me in Administrative Services? Which UPSC exams can I write?
  5. Can I get a job in a good company after scoring 63% marks in 12th and 73.2 marks in 10th
  6. Whether IT Industries requires sufficient percentage in 10th and 12th for job recruitment?
  7. How to get into IIM after scoring low marks in 12th?
  8. How can I get a good job after completing MBA with good marks? I've got 67% in 10th, 78% in 12th and 56% marks in B.Com undergraduate
  9. Is it possible to get a good job with 56% in 12th and 88% in 10th? Can I write the improvement for 12th exams again?
  10. Eligibility for good software jobs with 52% marks in 10th if i do B.Tech (IT)?
  11. Not eligible for any campus interview due to 12th marks. What can be done and how to approach the companies?
  12. Is it possible to join IPS/IES with 57% marks in 10th?
  13. What would be the effects of 12th Standard Marks on Campus Placement if I scored less than 60%?
  14. Will I face any problems in placement after scoring 52% marks in 12th?
  15. Admission in Law at UP or Bihar or Haryana having 38% in grduation?
  16. Low percentage in 12th: How to get good Government Jobs and Prepare for Higher Studies?
  17. Can I study Diploma in Automobile Engineering on 10th basis if completed 12th Science with 47% marks?
  18. Can I get a job with 55% marks in 10th, 57% marks in 12th and 70% marks in B.Tech.(ECE)? -- [Most Discussed]
26th August 2010, 03:28 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low, what are the possible problems I could face?

hi,
i don't think your job prospects will be affected because of your bad 12th and 10th marks,
there are only few companies which keep this rule of more than 70 in inter,
don't worry you will get an good job
all the best
26th August 2010, 03:50 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

Default Re: Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low, what are the possible problems I could face?

dear friend,

As you don't have 60% marks in your 12th then you have to face lots of difficulty at the time of your on campus placement..
most of the companies are want at least 60% marks throughout your career..

my suggestion is you should go for master degree first..after that you can get a good job on basis of your master degree..

so, all the best..
26th August 2010, 04:09 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you don't have 60% marks in your 12th then you have to face lots of difficulty at the time of your on campus placement..
most of the companies are want at least 60% marks throughout your career..

my suggestion is you should go for master degree first..after that you can get a good job on basis of your master degree..

so, all the best..
26th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Parveen27

Thumbs up Re: Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low, what are the possible problems I could face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh pathak View Post
hullo i m studying in silicon institute, orissa.and i hav got 70%througout in 3 years of my be.m in 4rth year now..bt in isc (12th )my marks werehy 52,maths 56 and chem 48.will i get a good job if i get 70%in 4rth year too..although my isc marks are too bad..plzz help...
don't worry for that.In companies are looking only the talent . Only few companies required no attempt in theire schoolings.
26th August 2010, 06:57 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

You just have to clear certain percentage in your 10th or 12th like say minimum 50 or 60%. So if you have got that much then you should not worry.

While getting placed in a company your performance in your BE course will be taken into account not the 12th%. Yeah they will just see that as a formality. But if you too good in your engineering suject then they may even ignore it.

So dont worry. Apply for the good job or wait for the companies in your campus
26th August 2010, 07:09 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
you have to clear certain criteria to meet the requirements of the company.you should get between 50 to 60% to clear that criteria.many require more than 60%.if you have got less than 50% then there might be a problem for you.but do not worry there are many companies that ask for skills rather than on marks.
All The Best!!!!!
26th August 2010, 07:09 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

for placement most of the companies require 60% throughout your career.

as your class 12th number is below 60% you will face problem in placement.

but don't worry there are also many companies those take students having percentage below 60%.

you can apply for the following jobs

DEFENCE

UPSC

GOVT.JOBS

ALL the best.
26th August 2010, 07:10 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

donot worry your b.tech percentage is so good and get good experience in industry so not problem in the time of jobs so do hard work and keep it up.
good luck
26th August 2010, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

IM DOING B.E COMPUTER SCIENCE&ENGINEERING 3rd YEAR, IN PROGRAMMING IM VERY TOO LOW,WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS I COULD FACE?AND WHAT ARE THA POSSIBLE FIELDS
26th August 2010, 07:25 PM
Raj333

Default Re: Btech marks are good but 10th and 12th in 10th and 12th are low, what are the possible problems I could face?

dear friend
every certificate has it own importance.you have get good marks in Btech i.e very good but your 10th and 12th marks will be counted in a company like jindel , tcs , tata motors etc .minimum criteria for placement provided by these company is 60% throughout .................you have no problem in government sector there placement is depend on Btech marks not on 12th in 10th marks.............so you will mainly concentrate on government job .
best of luck.........................
26th August 2010, 08:18 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as you have scored less than 60% marks in your 12th so you are not eligible for some good software companies like TCS, INFOSYS, IBM, etc.

but there are also many company left for you to join.so don't woory at all.

also if you are getting good marks in b.tech. 4th year then it will help you lot but due to this marks you will be not eligible for above top software companies.

you can join COGNIZANT, SYNERGY, TECH MAHINDRA etc.these rae also good and reputed software companies.

all the best.
26th August 2010, 08:39 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low, what are the possible problems I could face?

dear friend
u can face lot of problems like that many reputed company wants every thing 70% or 60%. bt if u have very low marks in 10th or 12th ,u can not sit that company.
good luck.
26th August 2010, 08:58 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
you didn't mention your specialization in B.Tech course. So, it is very difficult to say about it.
If you are a student of CSE/IT then for recruiting in several renowned companies like TCS,Infosys,Wipro,Accenture,IBM etc.
They put a criteria of 60% aggregate through out means you have to maintain 60% marks in 10th, +2 as well as in B.Tech degree.

if you are a student of core department then for entering in government sector as well as in PSU you have to qualify your B.Tech with 60% marks aggregate but without any back logs.& marks in 10th & +2 above 50% is well enough to enter in any PSU.

good luck.
26th August 2010, 09:20 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as you have scored less than 60% marks in your 12th so you are not eligible for some good software companies like TCS, INFOSYS, IBM, etc.

but there are also many company left for you to join.so don't woory at all.

also if you are getting good marks in b.tech. 4th year then it will help you lot but due to this marks you will be not eligible for above top software companies.

you can join COGNIZANT, SYNERGY, TECH MAHINDRA etc.these rae also good and reputed software companies.

all the best.
26th August 2010, 11:57 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

as your Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low.

so you will face in the problem during campusing time.

as maximum companies want 60% marks, throughout of career.

so you can't appear those interviews.

best of luck.............
27th August 2010, 12:14 AM
rushi adhia

Hi,

You have scored good marks in your be.m and so you need not to worry much.
But there are few limits of many companies like you should have 50%-60% in 10+2.
This will effect in campus placement.
So my suggestion for you is that you should do higher studies and do the master degree.
-All the best
27th August 2010, 04:00 AM
charli

dear friend,

you are not eligible for top companies like TCS, IBM, INFOSYS etc.but there are many companies in which you can join.

you can join government jobs.here there is no any tension of more marks in 12th.you have to face a exam and interview only.

good luck.
27th August 2010, 07:58 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Yes, if you scored less marks in your 10+12 you will definetly face some of the problems during campus placement as you can't sit in them.
but whats the use to think over what is not in your hand.
So its better you concentrate on your BTech and try to score better here what is in your own hand. there are many other opportunities where you will have to prove yourself.
so you better carry on your further studies and will get good jobs on the basis of your current performance as there are many genuine causes because of which a good student can't score good marks.
academic marks just shows how sincere and hard working guy a individual is.
So need not to worry regarding this issue.
27th August 2010, 09:00 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

why are you thinking like this.

as your marks in the 12th is not 60% , but there is no need to worry,

there is many company which does not requires such eligibility criteria,and for

that copany you can join.
27th August 2010, 03:30 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
you will lots of problem at the time of placement .as all company demanding above 60% in all the degrees 10th,12th or any other
27th August 2010, 05:35 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

hey hi...

Am from orissa also..From trident....

Since your score is low in 12th...in most cases you might find the similar kind of problems that many software companies ask for careeer first class..but there will be no problem if you do M.tech in a good college after words...

Good luck !!
4th September 2010, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

I have 87.33% in 10th and 78% aggregate till 2nd year B.Tech and I am the topper of my college. I am in 3rd year now. But, I have only 59.99% in my 12th(CBSE). And I am doing OCA this year. I have very good skills what IT companies need. Can I apply for top most IT companies like ORACLE, IBM and all? Please tell me.
5th September 2010, 09:54 AM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low, what are the possible problems I could face?

No you could not face any problem no need to worry
5th September 2010, 11:15 AM
tina toms

you might face problems in ur campus recruitment as they prefer ppl with 60% from 10th onwards.as you have nice percentage for btech it wont affect you badly.the criteria varies for different companies
5th September 2010, 07:23 PM
meeria

dear friend

most of the companies are want at least 60% marks in 12th.

i suggest you should go for master degree first..after given the GATE exam
then you can get a good job on basis of your master degree..
if you will do good result in your master degree..then government sector there placement is depend on Btech and M.tech marks not 12th in 10th marks.............so you will mainly concentrate on government job .

bye, have a good day
5th September 2010, 11:43 PM
anon

sorry i have a different problem..i have 75% in 10th and 77% in 12th and 59% in btech...what is my future in IT field?what should be my next step?what are my chances of getting a job as i'm deperate for a job now...plz help
6th September 2010, 11:10 AM
chaitu667

Hai bro!

Yeah, you need not to panic about all this stuff regarding your 10th and +12 marks. They wont take them as your career aspects because what you are going to do is what you learnt in graduation level. I am feelinng jealous because my situation is quite revesrse to you. Even I'm poor in B.Tech marks I'm taking it easy because even with average marks I can get something extra that I desired for.
Positive thinking is the best way to keep away your tensions. Think smart and then automatically you will act smart.

All the best bro!
6th September 2010, 01:34 PM
M A Ateeq

Quote:
do not think in negative way. it will not effect much.
6th September 2010, 04:35 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
At the time of recession most companies are very strict in their eligibility criteria.Most of the MNCs like TCS,CTS,INFOSYS,WIPRO,IBM,HCL etc announce their eligibility criteria minimum 65% in 10th,12th as well as in B.Tech.

As you have no such result then I thing you can not get chance to sit in campus placement of such MNCs.

According me I can suggest you two different ways:

Firstly: If you are so much hungry for Job,you can take job in so many small companies of monthly salary between 8,000/- to 10,000/-.

then after 2yr-3yr experience you can get chance for Walk-In-Interview of MNCs.

Secondly: It will be better if you go for M.Tech through GATE examination.
forget the past and be prepared for the GATE exam ,score a very good result,then you must prosper in your life,Because then you will be much more confidence about your knowledge and experience.

Good luck.
6th September 2010, 04:50 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
you have scored less marks in 12th and 10th so you will have to face some problem with some companies but you have scored 70% in B.Tech so you will get job in many good companies.there are some criteria of company which require good marks in 10 and 12th .

all the best
6th September 2010, 11:21 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

It is true that some companies do require a minimum percentage in 10th, 12th and BTech. Like Infosys requires throughout 60% marks in academics. You cannot apply for infosys if you obtain less than 60% marks in any of the class/degree. L&T wants throughout 65% or sometimes 70% in academics.

But most of the companies want only graduation score only. Almost all government job do only consider graduation marks for eligibility.

Probably you will not face any problem since you will have more opportunities in rest of the companies.
6th September 2010, 11:45 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hi.
some companies who comes on campus takes 60% carrer.

but at off campus there is no such thing like 60%.
You can have a good job if u try hard.......

good luck.
7th September 2010, 12:28 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

your question is incomplete, you have not told your stream.So,it is difficult to suggest

you.but I want to suggest you that if you belong from a core branch then certainly you

will get a good job.But if you belong from software branch then it will be very difficult to

get a job in a good company.Because many good companies like TCS,INFOSYS consider

the marks of class 10th and 12th while offering job.

Thank you
7th September 2010, 12:34 AM
noproblem

Dear you don't have to worry at all
You fill the eligibility criteria that's enough

The thing which matters is knowledge but not the number
That's only a formality

Concentrate in your engineering

Hope for the best
7th September 2010, 01:48 PM
sayan550

Dear Friend,

You can face the problem to get the job by through campassing.you have not mentioned your engineering scheme.if you belongs from CS,IT then you can face a lot of problem by through your on campassing.but if you are belongs from core department like ECE,EE,ME,Civil,them you can applied in some public sector jobs.because for the software company it is mandatory to get 60% at least through out your career.but for the core sectors it doesn't make so much problem....
you can apply Civil or Defense exam.either go to M.Tech..or for todays fortune you can also do a job in a lower company for some years experience.then you can directly apply for a better job in a higher company...
All The Best.......
7th September 2010, 02:40 PM
nuzhat fathima

hi,its true that there is a minimum percentage to join a good and a leading company.but apart from these there is one more thing that depends on you or you can say almost in your hand i.e TALENT my friend.if you have good talent no marks,no percentage will stop you from reaching your goal and with sufficient experience in particular field.i mean if you want to work join any company,start working,gain some knowledge and work experience.once you have experience you can get a good job.
7th September 2010, 07:23 PM
bapuram

dear friend,

maximum good company needs 60% or above marks in 10th and 12th, and this one of the important criteria to get exam or interviews even you have good result in b.tech you face problems like this. which company does not want that kind of criteria, only there you can apply.

good luck
8th September 2010, 08:13 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are so many company their minimum criteria they fixed at least 60% through out the carrrier. unfortunate you will be unable to sit in the campusing of this type of company. but you should not worry about this. try to get first from a little company. gain some experience and that apply for walk in interview into large company. otherwise try to do m.tech from any university. after that it will be comparably easy to get job in large company. best of luck.
9th September 2010, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

i Have done with my B.tech (cse) in 2010 with 70% but my 10% is less than 60% due to which i m facing many problems, where should i try for the jobs??
pls hlp...
18th September 2010, 08:52 PM
breakfreeferari

hey guys can anyone tell me ..what is the diffrence between 60% and first division ? If I have first division certificate that means I have 60% ... right?
19th September 2010, 07:32 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfreeferari View Post
hey guys can anyone tell me ..what is the diffrence between 60% and first division ? If I have first division certificate that means I have 60% ... right?
Yes, you are right. 60% marks is the limit for first division. If a person scores 60% marks it is considered as first division.
Below this range is second and further third.
3rd October 2010, 04:14 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

If you dont score good marks in your 12th and 10th exams, then please dont worry.

As you scored good marks in your B.tech, then every company see your latest course marks. They will never see your 12th and 10th exams percentage.

If you have a great knowledge and technique to handle a situation, then company will select you.

But, you have not score good marks in your 12th and 10th exams, then you will not eligible for various government Recruitment exams like SBI, PNB etc.

But, if you scored and mentain more than 60% marks in your B.tech, then you will get good jobs with good salary pacakage.
3rd October 2010, 04:23 PM
mseetharamster

companies see the consistency not the top marks...
there are situations where topper didn't get jobs even though remaining all are placed.....
and regarding 12th marks if your engg.,%> 12th class% it will mean you are developed..so it is an advantage for you...
3rd October 2010, 05:14 PM
v.charan

it is not a problem,because you have secured good percentage now.and i think your marks in 10th,12th would affect now.because you have well improved now,they would see your improvement gradually,and your extra qualifications and also good communication skills.i hope your are
thank you
3rd October 2010, 05:33 PM
divey rajpal

Quote:
hey arsh you dont need to be worried because you have a good score in your btech..just what you need is that you must have skills and talent to be an xtra ordinary one while your placement rounds occur in your campus..just keep working hard for your future success instead of turning back to past which can't be changed.
3rd October 2010, 06:49 PM
aotiwari

Of course there is a little inclination towards those who performed well in X and XII(mostly above 55%),
BUT i said BUT, it doesn't mean that if you haven't scored well you have lost the battle. .
If you perform in your well you still have the chances..
Guess what you never know which company puts and removes the criteria.
I am sure you will get a wonderful job if you search for it......... don't depend on criteria.
18th October 2010, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my BE- ECE IN JUNE 2010 with 64.6%as degree and final year is 68.5% with final year ac. but i have a big problem..my 10 percentage is 50.4 and 12th is 49.8%. facing criteria problem .. i also did core java and .net trainings while my BE was going. what should i do...my total interest in IT field only.... i did diploma in software testing..but it is not beneficial coz...criteria.in 10,12. please help me regarding this..got depressed very much..
19th October 2010, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

sir i have got 81% and 61% in my 10 and 12 respectively and i am presently a second year student of vnit nagpur.my first year cgpa was 7.85.will i have to face any problem in campus placements if i maintain my cgpa?
19th October 2010, 11:27 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low, what are the possible problems I could face?

Hello dear,
Dont worry if your graduation record is good.
For placement = good cgpa + extra curricular activities + good communication skills + good project.
10 and 12th marks are not a matter of tension so much.
Cheer up.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?