29th September 2016, 10:18 AM
Navpreet Kaur rangi

Admission in MA Sociology or Political Science is possible after B.Sc General?

Is it possible for me to get admission to do M.A. sociology or political science after completing B.Sc (botany,zoology,chemistry) general?

Related Questions:
  1. Ph.D in Sociology is a good option for PG in Sociology, Political Science and Journalism & Mass Communication student?
  2. Am I eligible to study M.A.(Sociology) after completing B.A.(Political Science)?
  3. Does St. Xavier's college offer Geography Hons?
  4. M.A in sociology after B.A in Political science for job into development field?
  5. Can I become an IAS officer after studying Political Science and Sociology?
  6. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Political science after completion of graduation? -- [New]
  8. Previous years mains exam question papers of sociology and political science
  9. Possibility to study M.Sc in Geography from IGNOU for a B.A candidate with History, Sociology and Political Science subjects?
  10. Can I do MA in Sociology after doing B.A in Political Science?
  11. Which subjects should I choose for RAS after passing B.A in Political Science, Home Science and Sociology?
  12. Whether the subjects combination of Sociology, Education and Political Science is good for pursuing B.Ed?
  13. Am i eligible to do M.A through private with any subject of Public Administration, Sociology, Political Science? I've done B.A with same subjects
  14. How to register for UPPSC Exams? Dates and syllabus for upcoming UPPSC? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which among sociology, public administration, psychology & political science is best for IAS preparations? Any better choice?
  16. How may I get details about age limit, eligibility criteria and qualification for becoming a RAW officer? I am pursuing BA degree with political science & sociology & philosophy stream
  17. Difference between Social Political Science and Socio-Political Philosophy?
  18. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Sociology for retired workman?
30th September 2016, 12:25 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in MA Sociology or Political Science is possible after B.Sc General?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in M.A Sociology or Political Science stream after completing your bachelor degree in science with biology, chemistry and zoology.

To get admission in master degree in any particular stream it is necessary that candidate must have pursue the subject in bachelor degree either as a subsidiary or as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course.
1st October 2016, 12:51 AM
Madison.

Default Re: Admission in MA Sociology or Political Science is possible after B.Sc General?

Yes, you can apply for MA Sociology or Political Science after B.A General.

MA is Masters in Arts. It is a post graduate course with a duration of 2 years. The MA is pursued on any specific subject.

The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing M.A. (Sociology/ Political Science) degree is having graduation degree in any stream. However there are many reputed universities and colleges which demand honours in Sociology/Political Science respectively in the graduation degree.
Even for some of the colleges the candidates need to score a minimum of 50% in graduation degree to secure the admission.

Even some of the colleges held entrance examination. The marks scored in the graduation level and the entrance exam marks add up as the credit marks through which admission is secure. The admission procedure varies from universities to universities.
2nd April 2021, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I do master in political science after BA in sociology?
11th July 2022, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Masters subjects list after bsc
6th March 2023, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Which course has more scope to BSc bzc back ground in post graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?