30th December 2016, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Political science after completion of graduation?

I am a pass graduate. I had honors in political science but in final year my honors was removed. Now I am doing MA in political science from RBU in distance. My question is can I do M.Phil/Ph.D in political science with my qualification.?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the benefits of doing graduation in Political Science stream?
  2. Which course is better to opt after completion of graduation in political science?
  3. Can I do PhD in Political Science if haven't studied the subject at post graduation level?
  4. What should I do in order to be eligible for doing Ph.D in Political Science?
  5. Can I study PhD in Political Science if secured 57% in M.A.(Political Science) from Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra?
  6. Higher studies options after post graduation in Political Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which graduation course has an edge over other- Political Science and Political Philosophy?
  8. How to join M.Phil in Political Science in Correspondence in Pune University after completion of Post Graduation in Political Science?
  9. Is it necessary to do M.Phil to study PhD? Topics related to Political Science to study in PhD?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  11. What are the jobs available to get after completion of graduation in Political science honors?
  12. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage? -- [New]
  13. What are the courses I can opt for after completion of graduation in Economics, Political Science and Hindi?
  14. How to do Ph.D in Political Science? Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Hindi Medium
  15. Can I be eligible for Ph.D after completing M.A in Political Science with 54%
  16. Entrance exams to do PhD in Political Science
  17. Can I do Ph.D in Political Science after doing BA and PG in Master in Business Administration(HR)? Procedure to get admission?
  18. Admission procedure to study PhD in Political Science in Banasthali University?
31st December 2016, 04:12 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Political science after completion of graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a pass graduate. I had honors in political science but in final year my honors was removed. Now I am doing MA in political science from RBU in distance. My question is can I do M.Phil/Ph.D in political science with my qualification.?

You have to complete Master’s Degree (M.A) in Political Science to do PhD in Political Science. The candidates with MA in Political Science with over 55% marks are eligible to do PhD in Political Science. The candidates can apply online or offline for the admission to the PhD. The admission to the course will be done through an entrance examination and interview conducted by the university. The candidates who have cleared GATE/NET/SET shall be exempted from the entrance examination. The course is available in the following universities;

University of Delhi - Official Website

Jamia Millia Islamia - Official Website

IGNOU - Official Website

Amity University - Official Website
1st January 2017, 08:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Political science after completion of graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have completed M.A in Political Science with above 55% marks from a recognized University then you are eligible for Ph.D in Political Science.

There are no age criteria.

For Ph.D admission, you should qualify in UGC NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?