9th January 2012, 06:22 PM
Archana Aggarwal

After breaking job as an Accountant what should I do?

after breaking job as an accountant what should I do while I want to work
again but not getting good chance

16th December 2012, 07:00 PM
Vishal_13
Member+

Default Re: After breaking job as an Accountant what should I do?

My friends

No, it is not that it is difficult to get one but the process through which you have to go through in order to secure the job is relatively tough. This is one job that requires an employee to be meticulous and be exceptionally good in ‘numbers’. Thus, an interviewer is sure to ‘grill’ an interviewee in order to find the most suitable candidate.

“Why do you want to become an accountant?”- A quintessential interview question that seems to bowl over most of the interviewees. What does an interviewer wish to judge by asking the question? Obviously, the question is a ‘Statement of Purpose’ tool to sift the right candidate out of the lot. Let’s understand the question with the help of an example:

Interviewer: “Why accountant? Why do you want be an accountant?”

Interviewee X: “I have finished a Bachelors’ degree in commerce and I feel I have the right skills and educational qualifications to make ‘accounting’ as a career.”

Though, the interviewee is clear and focused about what he intends to do in future but he does not seem to elaborate upon why he is the most suitable candidate. Talking about your educational background is fine but you need to ‘standout’ or else you may miss the opportunity.

Interviewee Y: “I am a meticulous person with an eye for detail. I am comfortable with numbers and have a strong educational background in the field. By being an accountant, I will able me to hone my skills and carve a niche for myself in the commerce industry. I look forward to making commerce as main career and accountants happen to be an ideal ‘break’ for me.”

Clearly, the second interviewee has been more elaborate/ vocal about why he has chosen accounts as a field. He has stated a number of reasons for having interest in the job and has stated his vision in a rather precise way. By his mere statement, he has been able to ‘wipe’ off competition and secure the job!

thnx
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?