3rd August 2010, 11:44 PM
yogitaadvani

After doing degree in Electrical Engineering should I choose IES or CAT?

hey m doin engineering in electrical,could u plz suggest me dat what i pursue farther i mean ,as i shud opt for ies or not or else i wil prepare for cat for getting admission in mba....plz m very confuse so i hope u wil help me..

26th August 2011, 10:00 AM
pravin gosavi

Default Re: After doing degree in Electrical Engineering should I choose IES or CAT?

after doing engg. if u want to become govt. servant,then u can choose IES.on other side after doing MBA there is a great value in the business world.u can settle very easily.
26th August 2011, 12:44 PM
avinashdeo

Talking Re: After doing degree in Electrical Engineering should I choose IES or CAT?

just go for the cat examination and get the admission in IIM beacause it has more demands in present in market and has high pay scale n u can earn pretty well

best of luck (for the cat examination)

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/better-option-after-engineering-job-m-tech-mba-how-prepare-ies-exam-syllabus-model-question-papers-ies-exam-65497.html#ixzz1W73pFiGf
26th August 2011, 01:36 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Default Re: After doing degree in Electrical Engineering should I choose IES or CAT?

Dear friend,
That's entirely depends on your choice , I can say you that with IES you can have Govt. jobs with good salaries, but with CAT you will have job after 2 year but with very huge salary, almost 1800000 p/a.
26th August 2011, 03:35 PM
coolit

after perusing b.tech opt the i.e.s is the best option because there is a more security in gov sector rather than private sector.and after six pay commission the salary is also increase.so as per my suggestion u should go with I.E.S
26th August 2011, 04:51 PM
Bullo

Hii...

I can understand that you are confused in making a correct choice...

Well..Let me tell you one thing that Choosing IES will definitely take you to govt firm...Whereas an MBA will take you to high profile world of Business....
See...both are completely different...

You need to know your conscience first...and then decide accordingly...
And not to forget,both IES as well as CAT are standard examinations which are quite tough and hence requires a lot of hardwork...

Choose whatever you feel is best for you ..

BEST OF LUCK!!
26th August 2011, 05:29 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are now pursuing electrical engineering, and you are confused about where to go after that..
Then my friend don't be confused.. Just think about the future prospect of that field and then go for a field...
If you have interest in doing administrative jobs in the field of engineering then you can go for IES exam...
If you have interest in management field and you want to make your future career in that field then go for CAT exam..
If you able to perform well in CAT exam and get a excellent score in CAT , then you will get a chance to take admission in MBA course in one of the seven IIM's in India..

Now, the decision is in your hand..
All the best..
26th August 2011, 08:39 PM
Revatigurav

It entirely depends on your choicce. You decide what you want to go for.Do you want huge salary packages or you want to do government service.If you think that your electrical base is firm and very good and you can do better in electrical field then go for IES.
If you think you have good marketing strategies and you are good at businesses then appear for mba.
Choose your field very carefully because that is where you gonna do your whole lifetime career. Beccause at the end your likes are what matter the most.
There is no point of getting a huge salary if you are not satisfied with your work.
6th November 2011, 09:18 AM
rudramishra

Ies
indian engineering service is appropriate for you.its a vey good service,highly presitigious job with a job security and good salary.go for ies man
1st February 2012, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

How much percent want in btech to inter in goverment service
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?