8th July 2012, 10:58 PM
veronica sharma

Am I eligible to appear for the exam of Indian Economic Services after completing B.A LLB(Hons)

Am i eligible to appear for the exam of indian economic services after comnpleting ballb(hons) ?

9th July 2012, 08:13 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for the exam of Indian Economic Services after completing B.A LLB(Hons)

I am sorry but you are not eligible to appear in the Indian Economic Service Exam as you fail to meet the eligibility.

Indian Economic Service exam is conducted by Union Public service Commission (UPSC) to hire Grade 4 officers for the IES also known as Indian Economic Service. The details of this exam are published in all leading newspapers of India, mainly in the months of June or July.

To appear in Indian Economic Service Exam, candidates need to meet certain criteria. Below are the details that every aspirants should read carefully before applying.

Nationality:

Candidate must be Indian Citizen

Refugee from Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet who came to India prior to 1962 with intention to stay here permanently can also apply for the IES exam.

If you are of Indian origin but migrated from countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Burma, Ethiopia etc are also eligible only if you have intention of permanent stay in India.

All the candidates who are not Indian citizens would require to provide certificate of eligibility which must be issued by the Government of India.

Age Limit:

Your age should be between 21 to 30 as on January 1 of the examination year.

The relaxation in upper age limit is given to candidates from SC/ST/OBC etc as per the guidelines of the UPSC.

Education Criteria:

Candidates should have Post Graduate degree from a recognized universities in the following subjects:

Economics

Business Economics

Applied Economics

Econometrics

The details about to exam as I told earlier would be published in the months of June/July while the exam will take place in November.

There are two parts of the entrance exam.

Part 1

Written Exam

General English - 100 marks

General Studies - 100 marks

General Economics-I - 200 marks

General Economics-II - 200 marks

General Economics-III - 200 marks

General Economics - 200 marks

Second part would be Interview for Personality test of 200 marks.
9th July 2012, 09:08 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for the exam of Indian Economic Services after completing B.A LLB(Hons)

Hi dear...........
As you are interested for INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICES , I am providing you the details eligibility criteria for this exam .........

This exam is conducted through UPSC once in a year in the month of DEC for 3 days.
The exam pattern are as follows.......

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck......
9th July 2012, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

when will be the last date for applying indian economic service 2012?
30th July 2012, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

I am an economics hons graduate. Am i eligible for indian economic service?
9th September 2012, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

I am in 2nd year of MBA (Finance), Can i apply for this test??
10th September 2012, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

i have done PGDM in finance as it includes economics.Is i am eligible for ies........
27th July 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

my precentage in PG is 55% am i eligible to appear for the exam of indian economic services
28th July 2013, 09:59 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Economic Service exam with the qualification of BA LL.B.

Indian Economic Service(IES) and to become an IES officer one has to apply, appear and crack Indian Economic Service Exam, conducted every year by UPSC after Post Graduation Degree in specific stream.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IES, must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness, can apply for IES.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th July 2013, 03:58 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica sharma View Post
Am i eligible to appear for the exam of indian economic services after comnpleting ballb(hons) ?
No you are not eligible to apply for IES Examination.

IES Stands for Indian Economics Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. The exam notification will be expect in the month of August or September in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

Eligibility Criteria ::

-You must be Citizenship of India.
-You must have a completed Postgraduate degree from a recognized Institute or equivalent qualification.
-The Postgraduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.
-You must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination.
-Upper age limits is applicable.
-You must be Physically and mentally fit while appearing for this examination.

How to Apply ::

You are required to apply only online application by using the official website :: www.upsc.gov.in.There is no other facility. You are required to pay the fees Rs 200/- either by depositing the cash in any SBI branches or by using the Internet banking or by using the Visa/Master Credit/Debit Cards.

Examination Pattern ::
  • General English
  • General Studies
  • General Economics-I
  • General Economics-II
  • General Economics-III
  • Indian Economics

More details, Visit the official website :: www.upsc.gov.in
28th July 2013, 05:21 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Eligibility Criteria required for Indian Economics Services;-

Nationality :-

The candidate should be Citizen of India.

Age Criteria :-

The Candidate should Attained the age of 21 years and less than 28 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for the candidate who belong from SC/st candidates and OBC candidates .

Educational Qualifications :-

The candidate should Complete graduation in any one of the specialization like, Economics, Applied Economics, Business Economics, Econometric Etc.. from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .
Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .
No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

This Examination is divided into three levels namely , Preliminary Examination / Main Examination and Interview .

All the best.....................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?