12th July 2010, 09:53 AM
girishnagendra

Do I need to do any additional courses to be eligible for companies asking for 60+ percentage?

i've completed BE(CSE).. and i've 57% aggregate.. many of the company asking 60+ to get into job.. i'm very much scared.. do i need to do any additional courses.. or keeping this much percentage, can i get a job...pls suggest me somethinng...

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be eligible for applying jobs if I scored less percentage in 12th?
  2. Am I eligible for good IT companies placement if I have less than 60% marks only in 12th?
  3. Why most of the IT Companies do require 10th & 12th class percentage? List of the IT companies which allow me? I have 55.75% marks in 12th
  4. Am I eligible for MNCs having 55% in 10th?
  5. Why IT Company needs 10th and 12th standard percentage for recruitment?
  6. Am I eligible for IT companies after scoring 78% in 10th and 54% in 12th? Which are the companies?
  7. Am I eligible for campus placement with 58% in 12th?
  8. Is it possible to get a job in software companies with less percentage in B.Tech?
  9. Am I eligible for placement with 12th marks being 58%? List of companies which am eligible for?
  10. For which companies am I eligible after scoring cutoff 70?
  11. How does the IT companies calculate the students percentage in 12th, whether they consider only percentage in PCM or they consider over all percentage for their campus interview?
  12. Do I need to take up any additional courses so as to get a job in companies asking for 60%+?
  13. Will I face any problem due to low marks in 12th? Tips to get good placement?
  14. Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get job in MNC through a placement consultancy after getting 89% marks in graduation and 82% marks in 12th?
  16. What are the courses that companies are expecting that a candidate should know?
  17. Am I eligible to get core jobs in ECE after completion of the course with 67 percentage marks? -- [New]
  18. Is it possible for me to get a software job with 61% marks in B.Tech Mechanical engineering?
1st July 2011, 10:09 AM
swarupdey89

Default Re: Do I need to do any additional courses to be eligible for companies asking for 60+ percentage?

Most of the big companies let the students sit for their off campus interviews those who have minimum sixty percent of aggregate..

But don't be scared as there are some companies like Wipro and Accenture whose criteria is 50%..

the best option is go for a small company and get experience ...then you will not need any aggregate...

good luck....
2nd July 2011, 12:53 AM
venkatesh.jnv

Smile Re: Do I need to do any additional courses to be eligible for companies asking for 60+ percentage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishnagendra View Post
i've completed BE(CSE).. and i've 57% aggregate.. many of the company asking 60+ to get into job.. i'm very much scared.. do i need to do any additional courses.. or keeping this much percentage, can i get a job...pls suggest me somethinng...

As you mentioned,almost all companies need 60% aggregate only.....
Unless you have reservation in government sector,you are also ineligible for government sector....

This may be bitter news but its fact...i saw many my seniors facing same problem.......

but don't worry,you will get job in companies which may not be MNCs but try to go in that companies...it gives you experience....this is what you need now...

ALL THE BEST...
2nd July 2011, 08:51 PM
senthil anand.s
Member+

Default Re: Do I need to do any additional courses to be eligible for companies asking for 60+ percentage?

Hello,

ya u can do some course outside and you want do get a online(global) certification for that course. Then only the course will be valid and the company's will give you a first preference.

Academic mark is a second preference. And then u want to strong in the Aptitude and u should fluent in the communication then you can get job to any company.

All the best...
3rd July 2011, 02:00 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Don't be disheartened. Of course you will get a satisfactory job in well reputed MNCs with this percentage. But for that you will have to gain experience in small companies first.

And it will also be good for you to complete some training courses on demanding technologies like C#,.NET, SQL,MySQL, PHP etc..

These days the software industry demands for mostly the web based technologies and their related applications, which are Java,J2EE,PHP,.NET etc framework and integrated environment technologies.

So get well knowledge on these topics by doing professional training courses ,before you face the interview in companies and with your knowledge of subjects you will easily get hired by companies.

After you get a job in a company, gain experience for at least two years and then you can switch to big companies at ease.

Best of luck!
21st August 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do I need to do any additional courses to be eligible for companies asking for 60 percentage?

dear sir, i have an aggregate of 52% in B.E (CSE)..am i eligible for campus placement in those companies with cut off 60%...........
4th January 2012, 06:28 PM
id2163233333_wcdr

It's ok.
You try for small companies 1st. then plus point is you get experience,
& you are busy also.
Other option is why you not applied for post graduations. Lots of options are avaltable to you.
Go for M.tech,M.B.A OR M.SC.
Because after PG, lot's of job's are wating for you.
only 1 thing, if you interested in PG, try for good score which hide your engineering score. PG offer you upper post than BE fresher.
think on it.
13th February 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do I need to do any additional courses to be eligible for companies asking for 60 percentage?

I have completed my B.E in Computers. What are the additional courses that I can pursue which do not involve a lot of programming ?
28th July 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Which ccourse complited after bcom then i have getting mony above 50,000/-in monthly payment
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?