5th November 2016, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for AIIMS entrance exam after completing B.Sc with 1st division as a General category candidate?

Hello Sir, I passed B.Sc (Zoology, Botany, Chemistry) with first division but I got less than 60% marks in 12th board. I belong to General category. Am I eligible for AIIMS entrance exam with such criteria? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. If I pass BSc Biotech with first division then will I be eligible to apply for AIIMS entrance exam?
  2. Eligibility for AIIMS M.Sc Nursing exam 2016
  3. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam in AIIMS if I have completed 12th from NIOS board?
  4. Possibility to apply in AIIMS entrance exam for B.Tech 1st year student?
  5. Can I get admission with 1132 rank in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam being a General candidate?
  6. Number of attempts allowed for AIIMS entrance exam 2015
  7. Can I give AIIMS exam next year while in 1st year of MBBS? Can I appear in entrance exam based on permissible number of attempts?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Assam medical entrance exam if I have done 12th CBSE board outside Assam?
  9. Am I eligible to apply in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam if completed 12th PCB as a Private candidate with 67.41% in 4th attempts?
  10. Normal cutoff for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam? What is the general higher score? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam 2016
  12. Am I eligible to apply for NET SET exam after completing Graduation with 58% and Post Graduation with 52% marks being a General Category candidate? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible to pursue B.Ed after completing graduation with 49.5% marks as a general category candidate?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in AIIMS entrance exam for 3rd time being a MBBS 1st year student?
  15. How many years required to complete the B.Ed course in Lucknow University?
  16. Can I pursue veterinary Science after the age of 26?
  17. Age criteria of AIIMS MBBS exam 2015
  18. List of entrance exams available to study BDS in AIIMS?
5th November 2016, 06:50 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AIIMS entrance exam after completing B.Sc with 1st division as a General category candidate?

No, you are not eligible to appear in AIIMS entrance exam, because one must have to fulfill the below given eligibility criteria to appear in AIIMS entrance exam :

** Minimum age must be 17 Years on or before December 31, 2016
** 12th standard from any affiliated school with minimum 60% marks being a General and OBC candidates and minimum 50% being a SC/ST/OPH candidate.

As you have less than 60% marks in 12th standard, so being a general category candidate, you are not eligible to appear in AIIMS entrance exam.
5th November 2016, 07:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AIIMS entrance exam after completing B.Sc with 1st division as a General category candidate?

Yes definitely you are eligible to appear in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam after completing your BSc with first division as if you are within the age limit specified by AIIMS Medical Council to appear in AIIMS Entrance Exam.
Age should be in between 17 to 25 years and relaxation in upper age limit is provided to the students of reserved categories.
Minimum percentage in 12th standard should not be less than 50% in order to appear in the entrance exam.
5th November 2016, 07:51 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

For AIIMS entrance examination candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board. The minimum percentage required for general/OBC category is 60%. The age of applicants should be 17 years. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for AIIMS entrance exam after completing B.Sc with 1st division as a General category candidate and have less than 60% in 12th class.
5th November 2016, 07:58 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I passed B.Sc (Zoology, Botany, Chemistry) with first division but I got less than 60% marks in 12th board. I belong to General category. Am I eligible for AIIMS entrance exam with such criteria? Please answer as soon as possible.
For admission to M.SC program through AIIMS entrance exam required eligibility are as follows:

1. Candidate should have passed B.SC degree in any subject with 60% minimum from recognized university.

2. There is no age limit to join M.Sc course. Students can join this course after they finish their B.Sc degree.

For Master program, the percentage of 10+2 is not considered but the percentage of your last exam is being considered. As you have mentioned that you have got first division in your B.SC degree then you can surely apply for AIIMS entrance examination.

For more information log on to :www.aiims.edu/
5th November 2016, 08:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Science and these are the best medical colleges of India known for their quality education.

--> Having completed your B.SC with first division ( i.e; with at least 60% ) but having managed less that 60% in Class 12th you are not eligible for admission in AIIMS MBBS entrance examination for pursuing MBBS as for the same the minimum aggregate in your Class 12th must be 60% as you belong to general category.

--> But you have the options of getting admission in other government medical colleges through NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) if you have managed at least 50%aggregate in your Class 12th with PCB group.

Further details regarding AIIMS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.aiimsexam.org where as for NEET you can refer to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
5th November 2016, 10:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with PCB and English as main paper and have minimum 60% aggregate.

There is relaxation in required percentage to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.aiimsexam.org.
5th November 2016, 10:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to apply for AIIMS :-

Applicants should have passed the 12th from a recognised board with the subject of English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology with minimum aggregate of 60% marks.

50% marks required for SC / ST candidates

Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2017.
5th November 2016, 10:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

AIIMS MBBS entrance examination is conducted by AIIMS New Delhi every year. The examination is conducted online.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 17-25 years.

Candidate must have minimum 60% in 12th for general category.

So, if you have less than 60% and belong to general category you are not eligible to appear for examination.
6th November 2016, 12:36 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No you are not eligible for AIIMS exam.
Because for AIIMS exam the candidate should have attained or will attain the age of 17 years at the time of admission. You have done your graduation, so your age will be greater than 17 years. So in this case you are not eligible for the exam.
And the Minimum aggregate of the marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology obtained in the qualifying examination required for appearing in the examination are 60% for General Category candidate and 50% for SC/ST category candidates. And you have also an aggregate percentage less than 60% so you are not eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?