20th January 2018, 05:49 PM
Iswariya V

Am I eligible to apply for CA after passing B.Com with 50 percentage? What exemption may I get?

I have secured 50% in my B.Com. I would like to you to clarify whether I am eligible to apply for CA or not? And, whether I'm eligible for any exemption or not?

21st January 2018, 08:27 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CA after passing B.Com with 50 percentage? What exemption may I get?

The full form of CA is Chartered Accountancy course.

This course has three stages:

Common Proficiency Test.

Integrated Professional Competence course.

Final course.

No with 50% marks in bachelor's degree in commerce, you can not directly apply for IPCC stage of CA course. The minimum percentage of marks required to directly apply for IPCC stage is 55% marks in the bachelor of commerce.

You will have to clear Common Proficiency test to get enrolled in CA course.
21st January 2018, 10:04 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CA after passing B.Com with 50 percentage? What exemption may I get?

CA refers to Chartered Accountancy and same is a professional degree course with a very good career scope. The whole CA course is divided into three stages which include CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) followed by IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ) and the final stage course respectively.

Having completed your B.Com ( Bachelor of Commerce ) with 50% you are not eligible for CPT exemption for directly appearing in IPCC through direct entry scheme as for CPT exemption the minimum marks required in B.Com degree is 55%.

So in order to pursue CA course you need to go through CPT channel as you are not eligible for CPT exemption.
21st January 2018, 04:41 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

If the candidate has secured at least 55% marks in graduation or post graduation in Commerce stream, then he/she is exempted from CPT exam.

As your percentage is only 50% marks, so you are not exempted from CA CPT exam.

You will have to appear for CPT exam (Common Proficiency Test) and then apply for CA post.

CA CPT exam will contain two sessions:

Session I includes two sections making a total of 100 marks.
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 marks)
Section B: Mercantile Laws (40 marks)

Session II also includes two sections making a total of 100 marks.
Section C: General Economics (50 marks)
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks)
21st January 2018, 05:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Chartered Accountancy course after passing Bachelor of Commerce with 50% marks. But you should know that only graduates or postgraduates with 55% marks in the bachelor of commerce can directly apply for IPCC stage. It means that you will not get any relaxation.

You will have to apply for Common Proficiency Test which is first stage of CA course. CA CPT is conducted twice every year by ICAI. It is an objective level examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?