7th February 2018, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Will I get exemption from CA Foundation after passing B.Com via distance mode of education?

I have completed my B.Com via distance mode of education. After this I want to do CA. So, do I have to start from Foundation group or will I get exemption having cleared my B.Com? If I get exemption than what are the dates by when I can apply for IPCC groups?

14th February 2018, 05:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get exemption from CA Foundation after passing B.Com via distance mode of education?

Bachelor's degree in correspondence mode is valid for Chartered Accountancy. The university or college from which you have done Bachelor's degree must be University Grants Commission recognized and Distance Education Council approved.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in commerce with minimum of 55% marks are eligible for IPCC course directly. Candidates with less than 55% marks will have to apply for Common Proficiency Test.

CPT is first stage of this course. It is conducted by ICAI twice every year. You can visit official website of IPCC for latest updates about CPT and IPCC course.
14th February 2018, 08:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get exemption from CA Foundation after passing B.Com via distance mode of education?

If your university is DEC and UGC recognized then your degree is valid for Chartered Accountancy course. Now whether you will get relaxation in Chartered Accountancy course will depend upon percentage of marks in bachelor's degree.

Graduates or post graduates in commerce with 55% marks are exempted from Common Proficiency Test. They can directly apply Integrated Professional Competence course. But in case your percentage of marks is less than 55% then you need to apply for Common Proficiency test which is first stage of Chartered Accountancy course.
14th February 2018, 10:11 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be eligible for CA foundation ( i.e; CPT ) exemption you are required to have completed your bachelor degree course with commerce stream with at least 55% marks ( or 60% marks case of other stream student ) from a recognized university.

Now as far you are concerned about the validity of your bachelor degree pursued in distance mode for CPT exemption then I would like to let you know that your degree is valid if your university holds the approval of UGC and DEC.

As far as you are concerned about the date for filling IPCC registration then one must have registered at least 8 months before the date of IPCC examination and hence for May attempt one must have registered before 1st September of previous year while for November attempt one must have registered before 1st March of same year.
20th February 2018, 10:19 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.Com via distance mode of education. After this I want to do CA. So, do I have to start from Foundation group or will I get exemption having cleared my B.Com? If I get exemption than what are the dates by when I can apply for IPCC groups?
If you have done your graduation through distance mode from a regognised university like IGNOU and meet the below criteria than YES, you can apply for IPCC

Graduates/Post Graduates of commerce with minimum 55% marks can directly take admission in IPCC stage and other graduates with 60% marks can take admission in IPCC stage

After passing IPCC , you have to do 3 years Articleship under a practising CA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?