30th November 2017, 08:10 PM
shagufta nazreen

Am I eligible to apply for the entrance exam to join Indian Air Force while doing computer science 4th year engineering?

Respected Sir/Mam, My name is shagufta nazreen and I am pursuing engineering in computer science 4th year. I am interested to join in India airforce. So, can I now apply for entrance exam of the airforce? Can you please provide me with the details? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become a Pilot in Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Tech(CSE) 4th year and achieved Grade-A in NCC(B & C)?
  2. Can I join Indian Air Force after completing CSE Diploma course? -- [New]
  3. How to prepare for Hindi Paper in Rewar Sidhi Gramin Bank?
  4. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Air Force entrance exam after completing class 12th scoring 66.2% marks?
  6. How can I join indian air force?
  7. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  8. Can I join Indian Air Force after completing B.Tech if pursuing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  9. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  10. Process to join IAF without having Maths in 12th?
  11. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  12. Am I eligible for Indian Air Force being a candidate of 4th year B.Tech IT?
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 3 years diploma computer science course
  14. Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for girls through B.E.(Civil Engineering)? Safety available for girls in Indian Air Force?
  15. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in computer engineering
  16. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force after completing diploma in computer engineering after 10th
  17. How to become a Pilot after completion of 10th?
  18. How to join Marine Force/Indian Air Force for Computer Science Engineering student?

1st December 2017, 08:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for the entrance exam to join Indian Air Force while doing computer science 4th year engineering?

Procedure to join flying branch:

Combined Defence Services examination, Union Public Service Commission conduct this exam only for unmarried men and there will be psychological tests, group test and personal interview for candidates who qualify in the written examination.

National Cadet Corps special entry, this is special entry scheme is for the unmarried male candidates having a 'C' certificate in NCC Air Wing Senior division.

Flying Short Service Commission, both unmarried men and women can apply through the scheme if they possess minimum of 60% marks during the year BTech course.

1st December 2017, 10:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for the entrance exam to join Indian Air Force while doing computer science 4th year engineering?

Being a final year student of engineering degree you are certainly eligible for joining Indian Air force on the basis of your educational qualification.

Further for joining Indian Air force you will need to qualify entrance examinations like CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination and AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ).

* Apart from educational qualification, qualifications required for appearing in CDS entrance examination and AFCAT are as here under :

i) You must be an Indian candidate.

ii) Your age must lie within 20 years to 24 years for appearing in AFCAT and 19 years to 23 years for appearing in CDS entrance examination. Further for joining its ground duty through AFCAT your age need to lie within 20 years to 26 years.

iii) You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement.

If your age lie under 21 years then you can also apply for the post of Airmen posts in Indian Air force.

For more details regarding different entries in Indian Air force you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in .

1st December 2017, 10:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force entrance examination while doing 4th year of Computer Science Engineering course. To join Indian Air Force, you should have to apply for UPSC CDS examination. You should have passed four years Engineering course from a recognised board to be eligible to apply for UPSC CDS examination.

2nd December 2017, 08:29 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force entrance examination being a final year student of Computer Science Engineering course. Only candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Engineering or any other discipline with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for CDS examination. So, you have to finish your Bachelor's degree course final year to be eligible to apply for Indian Air Force entrance examination

2nd December 2017, 09:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination and after qualifying in AFCAT and CDS examination.

Since the examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. You are eligible to appear in every examination from now.

The required common eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or pursuing in the final year.

The age limit varies with post for AFCAT examination while the age limit for CDS is 19-23 years.

For detail information about examination visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?