27th September 2011, 11:35 PM
shikshasagar1991

Am I eligible for Indian Air Force being a candidate of 4th year B.Tech IT?

sir,i am fourth year b.tech student now (IT branch).i want to join in indian air force.if i am eligible.

1st October 2011, 12:59 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Air Force being a candidate of 4th year B.Tech IT?

Dear Friend

You are eligible to apply for Airforce jobs of Officer (Engineer) category.

Presently the two best way to apply for a job in Air force as per your qualification,
are as under;

CDSE : Combined Defence Service Examination

This exam is conducted by UPSC.
The advertisement for next CDS examination shall be published on 29th Oct, 2011
in Employment News and also it will be available on UPSC's official website.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
To apply online you can refer http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

DES : Direct Entry Scheme

Through this recruitment scheme you can join Technical Branch of Indian Airforce
as an Aeronautical Engineer-Electronics.

The advertisement for this recruitment shall be available by December 2011.
Keep visiting: http://careerairforce.nic.in/
1st October 2011, 01:07 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Air Force being a candidate of 4th year B.Tech IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikshasagar1991 View Post
sir,i am fourth year b.tech student now (IT branch).i want to join in indian air force
In order to join the Indian Air Force..you can appear for the CDS(Combined Defense Services) Exam

Eligibility Criteria for CDS

1) You should be a graduate or a final year student

2) You should be within the age limit of 19-23 years

Apart from these,you should not be colorblind and should have a perfect eyesight

The paper will be an objective paper of 300 marks
1st October 2011, 01:30 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikshasagar1991 View Post
sir,i am fourth year b.tech student now (IT branch).i want to join in indian air force.if i am eligible.
Hey friend,

To be a part of Air force you can apply for the NDA ,CDS exam as they give opportunities.

For applying for these exams you need to be a citizen of India and must be a unmarried male candidate.

You must have a age limit of 16 1/2-19 years for NDA and for CDS Exam candidates need to have 19-23 years.

Regarding the education qualification for the CDS exam you need to have completed a degree form a recognized university .

For NDA you need to have completed +2 from a recognized board of school education.

For more information check at www.upsc.gov.in
1st October 2011, 01:39 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes my friend you are very much eligible for Indian Air Force ( I.A.F. ).

There are generally three branches and for these three branches there are three different eligible criteria.The three department are :

1. Flying Branch,
2. Technical Branch,
3. Ground Duty Branch.

As you are from I.T. department so generally you will be eligible two section mainly in Technical Branch and otherwise in Ground Duty Branch.

The selection procedure are consist of two types which are :

1. AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) and
2. Air Force Selection Boards(AFSB) .

Official website of Indian Air Force is given below :

http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

all the best.
1st October 2011, 01:43 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes my friend you are very much eligible for Indian Air Force ( I.A.F. ).

There are generally three branches and for these three branches there are three different eligible criteria.The three department are :

1. Flying Branch,
2. Technical Branch,
3. Ground Duty Branch.

As you are from I.T. department so generally you will be eligible two section mainly in Technical Branch and otherwise in Ground Duty Branch.

The selection procedure are consist of two types which are :

1. AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) and
2. Air Force Selection Boards(AFSB) .

Official website of Indian Air Force is given below :

http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

all the best.
1st October 2011, 02:28 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,if you have the caliber you must join the Indian Air-force.

As you have already completed your graduation level,then you can apply for then you can get chance to take admission in Indian Airforce.

There are some selection procedure such as:

Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

According to the Eligibility Criteria:

Flying branch as pilot will be selected through Short Service Commission for men & women

i)19 to 23 years
ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.
Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:
You have to be Single.

Nationality:
You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

or
You should have a degree of BE / B Tech of 4 years course from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

Generally,the notice is published in the month of March and September every year.

keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in
1st October 2011, 01:57 PM
meeeanki
Member+

dear friend

yeah you are eligible for this post as you are a b.tech student so you apply for Officer (Engineer) category

This exam is conducted by UPSC.
The advertisement will be published on 29th Oct, 2011
in Employment News and UPSC's official website.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
8th October 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for indian air force being a candidate of 1st year economics of asutosh college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?