14th June 2017, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for MBBS after completion of B.Sc nursing?

I am a B.Sc Nursing final year student. I am interested to do MBBS after this, whether it is possible for me to do? And how can I get admission, course duration and fee structure? Can you please guide me with the required details soon?

15th June 2017, 09:39 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for MBBS after completion of B.Sc nursing?

To pursue MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) course you have to appear and qualify in NEET examination.

NEET examination is conducted by CBSE and the eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

Candidate must have minimum 50% in PCB.

The age limit to appear for examination is 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

So, if you have all the above qualification you are eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in it will be eligible for admission in MBBS course.

The fee structure varies for different colleges. So, visit official website of college to get detail. The course is mainly of five year duration.
15th June 2017, 10:36 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The course duration is 5 years including internship. Fee structure varies from college to college and it is not fixed for every college. You can apply for MBBS entrance examination if you are below 25 years.

The age limit for NEET is 17-25 years on 31st December of year of examination. From 2017, there are only three attempts for NEET exam. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

The eligibility for NEET exam is that candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects and scored minimum 50% marks in it. If you meet this criteria then you can apply for NEET exam in 2018.
15th June 2017, 11:08 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

Eligibility criteria for MBBS course is:

1. Those who have done 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology can apply for MBBS entrance exam.

2. Percentage requirement for entrance exam is 50%.

3. Age limit is 17-25 years.

Bachelor of Nursing candidate who meets above criteria can apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test to get admission in MBBS course.
15th June 2017, 12:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in MBBS course it is necessary to appear and qualify in NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper. For NEET with minimum 50% for AIIMS minimum 60%.

The age limit is 17-25 years for AIIMS while no upper bound for NEET examination. To get more information about NEET examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
15th June 2017, 06:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The admission in MBBS course is on the basis of NEET examination in all the colleges of India while for admission in AIIMS candidates have to qualify in examination conducted by AIIMS.

The common academic qualification to appear in both examination is candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50% and 60% respectively.

The minimum age limit to appear for both examination is 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

So, if you have above qualification you will be eligible to appear for examination next year.

Fee structure is not same for all the colleges, so it is not possible to give details about it.
15th June 2017, 08:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Nursing candidates who are below 25 years can apply for All India entrance examination for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery called National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET is conducted by CBSE every year for MBBS and BDS course. Last year it was made single entrance exam for admission in all government medical college by amending Medical Council and Dental Acts.

The academic qualification is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Your percentage of marks in 10+2 should be at least 50% marks.
15th June 2017, 09:00 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for MBBS after completion of B.Sc nursing.

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.The time duration required to complete this course is 5 ½ years including 1 year compulsory rotating internship.

The eligibility criteria required for admission in MBBS degree are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India .

-The candidate should have passed 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme from a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

-The candidate belonging to General and OBC category must have passed 10+2/HSC with 60% marks while qualifying marks for SC/ST candidate is 50%.

- The candidate age should be at least 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
15th June 2017, 10:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can pursue MBBS after completing your BSc nursing but make sure that you have to sit in the entrance exam and there is no relaxation given BSc nursing students in duration of MBBS.
Personally I would like to suggest you to pursue Masters course in nursing.
Because if you will pursue MBBS then again on the basis of 12th standard you are going to selected.
15th June 2017, 10:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery after completion of Bachelor of Nursing course. You must satisfy following eligibility criteria:

*You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard.

*Your percentage of marks should not be less than 50% marks.

*You must be below 25 years of age.

Then you can apply for NEET exam for getting admission in MBBS course.
15th June 2017, 10:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear in NEET examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with PCB as main paper.

Also candidate must have scored minimum 50% in PCB and have age above 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

NEET examination is necessary to qualify for admission in MBBS course but you must have an another option of appearing for AIIMS MBBS course to appear for examination for admission in MBBS course.
15th June 2017, 11:11 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join in MBBS after completing B.Sc nursing but you cannot do both at a time and there is no lateral in MBBS. You can join in MBBS based on the 10+2 or equivalent education. The procedure you need to follow to get into MBBS is mentioned below.

The admission for MBBS are given based on the NEET exam. You need to attend and qualify in this entrance exam.

Eligibility for NEET exam:
- The candidate should complete their 10+2 in physics, chemistry, biology/ biotechnology with 50% from any recognised school/ board. There is 10% relaxation for SC/ ST and 5% relaxation for PwD.
- The age limit is 17 years to 25 years. 5 years relaxation for SC/ ST/ PwD.
- You need to attend and qualify in the exam.
- After qualifying the NEET exam you need to attend for counselling for getting admission in MBBS.
17th June 2017, 01:13 PM
Vishwajit Patil Vishu

Smile Re: Am I eligible to apply for MBBS after completion of B.Sc nursing?

Hello!!!! Yes it is possible to apply for MBBS after completion of B.Sc Nursing. You have to give crack NEET and then you can get admission to MBBS. But you should continue with B.Sc Nursing. After that you can take admission for M.Sc Nursing. If you choose MBBS then you have to study more 4 years so its better that you should complete B.Sc Nursing and take admission for M.Sc Nursing. All the best!!!!
17th June 2017, 03:14 PM
Vishwajit Patil Vishu

Smile Re: Am I eligible to apply for MBBS after completion of B.Sc nursing?

Hello!!!! Yes it is possible to apply for MBBS after completion of B.Sc Nursing. You have to give crack NEET and then you can get admission to MBBS. But you should continue with B.Sc Nursing. After that you can take admission for M.Sc Nursing. If you choose MBBS then you have to study more 4 years so its better that you should complete B.Sc Nursing and take admission for M.Sc Nursing. All the best!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?