21st June 2017, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam if I have third class degree?

Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam if I have third class degree? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the exam? Can you please give me the details about the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thanks!

24th June 2017, 09:46 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam if I have third class degree?

TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.

TNPSC is conducted by State Government of Tamil Nadu for jobs in different state Civil Services.

Eligibility criteria for TNPSC examination:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university is required to apply for TNPSC examination.

Even with third class degree, you are eligible to apply for TNPSC examination. This examination just requires passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree.
24th June 2017, 11:58 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for TNPSC examination conducted for recruitment of officers job within the state.

The minimum required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit to appear for examination is 21-30 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category.

No limitation on minimum aggregate in bachelor degree to appear for examination. So, you must start preparation for examination to qualify in examination.
25th June 2017, 04:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for TNPSC examination. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed degree in any discipline with minimum qualifying aggregate.

So, you must start preparation for examination to qualify in it.
30th June 2017, 01:47 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for TNPSC exam after having a third class degree.

*** Details regarding eligibility :

* Age criteria :

> Minimum age of the Candida must be 21 years.

> Maximum age limit is 30 years.

> For SCs/STs , there is an age relaxation of 10 years. i.e. 21 years to 30 years.

** Nationality : Candidate must be a citizen of India.

*** Educational Qualifications :

* The candidate must attain a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized Board/University or any equivalent qualification.

* Final year appearing MBBS students can also apply for the examination.

* He/She must have an adequate knowledge of Tamil.

*** Examination Pattern :

* Preliminary Exam
* Mains Exam
* Interview

For further details, you may refer to the official website of TNPSC i.e. www.tnpsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?