29th August 2012, 01:46 PM
malaraj

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after finishing UG degree with microbiology as major and biochemistry as allied

i have finished my UG degree with microbiology as major and biochemistry as allied.whether i am eligible to apply upsc exams or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Graduation with single major or double major? which is better?
  2. Can a candidate of B.Sc in MLT be eligible to apply for M.Sc in Medical Biochemistry? What will be the career scope of M.Sc in Medical Biochemistry?
  3. Am I eligible for M.Sc in Forensics being a candidate pursuing B.Sc Microbiology, Biochemistry and Chemistry?
  4. Which course should I opt for between M.Sc in Clinical Microbiology and M.Sc in Clinical Biochemistry having completed B.Sc MLT?
  5. Which course is better for me between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc in Biochemistry having completed B.Sc in Biochemistry?
  6. Am I eligible for TRB exam after finishing MSc B.Ed in Microbiology
  7. Last date to apply for M.Sc in Microbiology and B.Sc in Biochemistry courses?
  8. Am I eligible for ME degree after finishing MCA degree from Anna University? what is it's FEE Structure?
  9. Am I eligible for UPSC exam if I completed degree with some backlogs?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for GATE Exam in Biochemistry after completion of M.Sc in Biochemistry? Which Books should I refer for Biochemistry to crack this Exam?
  12. Am I eligible for TNPSC group exam after finishing degree through correspondence?
  13. Am I eligible to write TET paper II after finishing MSc B.Ed in Biochemistry?
  14. How to become a Nutritionist after finishing BSc in Microbiology? Am I eligible to apply for MSc in Nutrition? Which are best colleges offering this course?
  15. Subject to choose for M.Sc? University to apply in?
  16. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I apply for regulatory affairs after completing degree degree in biochemistry?
  18. Can I be eligible for TRB exam after finishing MSc Microbiology?
27th November 2012, 04:46 PM
hibernate
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after finishing UG degree with microbiology as major and biochemistry as allied

hi,

yes you can eligible to apply upsc exams

thanking you

regards

venki
6th April 2013, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after finishing UG degree with microbiology as major and biochemistry as allied

Does B.Sc in environmental science have more scope than B.Sc in microbiology?
29th June 2013, 04:37 PM
Paliyal79

Hi
yes. You are are eligible for the UPSC exams with the graduation degree.
UPSC conductes the exam CDS and other civil services exams on the basis of graduation degree.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS-
The candidate must have the graduation degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.
Age limit is 19 to 25.
ELIGIBILITY FOR civil sevices exam-
IPS, IAS, IFS, IRS etc are the civil services exams.
The candidatemust ahve the graduatin deree same as CDS. And the age limit for these exams is 21 to 30 years.upper age relaxation for the reserved catagories.
For more detail go to
www.upsc.gov.in
29th June 2013, 09:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You need to point out the entrance exam by Union Public Service Commission. It conducts various entrance exams and you are not eligible for all of them. For example the Indian Engineering Service is one such entrance exam for which you are not eligible.

If by UPSC exam you are talking about Civil Services Examination then the answer is yes you are eligible for the entrance exam for Indian Police Service and the Indian Administrative Service.

Any under graduate degree is accepted for both these courses. Therefore that is not going to be issue. If you have completed the degree from recognized college then there is no issue.

You can apply for the Civil Services Examination now only in 2014. Use the time in between to prepare for the entrance exam. Download the previous years question papers to prepare for the exam.

Eligibility

1. UPSC allows only Indian citizens to appear for exam.

2. You must hold Bachelor's degree to be eligible.

3. Marks in bachelor's degree are irrelevant.

4. You should be minimum of 21 years old.

5. General candidate can not apply once crossed 30 years mark.

6. OBC on the other hand can apply up to 33 years.

7. While the SC/ST can apply up to 35 years.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
30th June 2013, 05:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes any Graduate can apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

Hence don't worry about eligibility criteria and start your preparation for Civil Services examination.

You just have to take care that you fulfill other criteria for examination.

Age Limit:

The age required is between 21 to 30 years for those who belong to General category. Age relaxation is given to those who belong to reserved categories.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation

OBC - 3 years relaxation

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Examination

-Mains Examination

-Personality Test

Number of Attempts:

General Category - 4

OBC Category - 7

SC/ST - no limit

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th January 2019, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MSc.MLT am i eligible for UPSC & TNPSC exams. In what type of post i can apply? which group exam should i write
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?