29th April 2017, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Assistant Professor job as per my qualification?

Sir, i have completed M.A. in Hindi with 60%, but i have only 46% in graduation level so i want to know that can i eligible for assistant professor job according to ugc guidelines. One thing also, i want to tell you that I m belongings l to obc.

Related Questions:
29th April 2017, 06:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Assistant Professor job as per my qualification?

Yes, you have sufficient qualification to appear for examination conducted for recruitment as an Assistant Professor.

To become an Assistant Professor you have to appear and qualify in NET examination conducted by UGC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed minimum master's degree with atleast 55%. No age limit to appear for examination.

No, necessary requirement of having 55% or above in bachelor degree to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
29th April 2017, 06:52 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming a assistant professor in any university approved by UGC ( University Grant Commission ) you need to qualify NET.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and same is held by CBSE on the behalf of UGC for recruitment of Assistant professor in various university of India.

Having completed your master's degree i.e; M.A. degree course with 60% aggregate you are certainly eligible for appearing in NET as for the same the required educational qualification is the master's degree in any discipline with 55% ( 50% in case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates) aggregate from a recognized university.

For more details and updates about NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
29th April 2017, 10:57 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can become Assistant Professor after passing NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

Academic qualification: Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Minimum percentage of marks required to apply for NET is 55% in master's degree.

There is no upper age limit for NET examination.

You need to clear NET examination and then apply for post of Assistant Professor in government college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?