30th January 2016, 12:11 PM
jebaa

Am I eligible for bank exams having completed my HSC with 57%?

Dear Sir,
I completed my HSC by 57%, I want to work in Bank..Am I eligibility to write bank exams what are the options..

30th January 2016, 07:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for bank exams having completed my HSC with 57%?

After completion of your HSC with 57% marks you are eligible to appear in bank exams for clerical post in those banks where the minimum eligibility criteria for clerical post is 12th.
Many banks of India recruit the candidates to clerical post on the basis of graduation also so you have to make sure before applying the minimum qualification.
30th January 2016, 07:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a higher secondary school degree holder you are not eligible for appearing in the bank examinations at this stage as the minimum educational qualification required for getting a bank job is a bachelor's degree with any stream of your choice from a recognized university.

Once you complete your graduation degree course, then on the basis of your educational qualification you are eligible for bank jobs such as bank clerk and bank probationary officer. Also for getting these jobs you will have to clear their respective entrance examination such as IBPS bank examination, SBI bank examination, etc. .

--> Apart from the educational qualification, the qualifications which you must have for appearing in the same examinations are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 18 years to 28 years for the post of bank clerk and 21 years to 30 years for the post of bank probationary officer. In both cases age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have good communication skills along with additional knowledge of operating computers as the banking works are computer based.

For more details about the syllabus, question pattern and other necessary information you can log on to www.ibps.in or www.sbiexam.com.
30th January 2016, 08:28 PM
kantraman

Yes you are eligible for bank exam for the post of peon only on the basis of 10th,but for clerical and officer post you must be +2 or graduate in any stream with minimum of 50% marks.
30th January 2016, 08:45 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To appear in any bank examination, candidates need to have atleast Bachelor degree in any disciple from a recognized university with more than 50% marks.
So, marks in HSC(Higher Secondary Certificate) examination does not matter.

Most of the banks recruit candidates on the basis of examination conducted by IBPS while other banks such as State Bank of India, Central Bank of India etc conducts their own examination for recruitment.
IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel.
It conducts examination at Clerk, PO and officers level.
Candidates need to qualify CWE(Common Written Examination) then personal interview to get selected.
Eligibility to appear in banking examinations are
-Candidate must have completed Bachelor degree from a recognized university who have got his certificate on or before 01.08.2015 for examinations in 2016.
-Candidate must be age not more than 28 years and not less than 20 years.

This eligibility is most common for all post while some specific courses need specific degrees such as for Law officer, LLB degree is necessary while for Agriculture field officer B.Sc Ag is necessary etc.

So, you need to take admission in Bachelor degree course and complete it to become eligible to appear in any banking examinations.
30th January 2016, 09:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaa View Post
Dear Sir,
I completed my HSC by 57%, I want to work in Bank..Am I eligibility to write bank exams what are the options..
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for Bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.
30th January 2016, 09:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for bank entrance examination for recruitment in banking jobs.

To appear for banking jobs entrance examination candidate need to have minimum graduation degree from any recognised university.

So, you need to wait till the completion of graduation degree to appear for entrance examination and have to qualify in all stages for final recruitment in jobs.

To get information about banking examination visit at www.ibps.in.
30th January 2016, 09:56 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you can work in bank. You can apply for the post of clerk or stenographer according to your qualification. You can appear for the exam to get government sector jobs. Or you can also apply for the private sector jobs. Many of the private sector banks select the candidates on the basis of written exam or on the basis of direct interview. So yo can try there for the clerk or stenographer jobs. You can apply in these banks:
> HDFC Bank
> ICICI Bank
> Kenara Bank
> Yes Bank
> Dena Bank
> Vijaya Bank
> Karnatka Bank
> Union Bank
30th January 2016, 11:29 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for bank exams having completed my HSC with 57%?

Yes of course your score in HSC is eligible to appear for Banking sector examinations,but you need to complete at least Graduation or bachelor degree in any of the discipline of study in order to appear for the Banking sector examination,only with the 12th or HSC you can not appear for Banking sector exams.

Banking sector are available in both the private and public sectors and they recruit the candidates for different kinds of vacancies for any of the post you should have done at least Graduation to appear.

There are different types of recruitment in Banking sector such as
  1. Clerical Cadre
  2. PO's
  3. RRB
  4. Special Officers,etc

So,you take up graduation first in any of the discipline in which you have interest then appear for the Banking sectors.
31st January 2016, 01:01 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, with HSC qualification, you are not eligible to appear for IBPS or SBI entrance examination conducted for recruitment of candidates in banking jobs.

The minimum required eligibility to appear for examination is graduation degree in any discipline with passing percentage.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination for final selection for the jobs.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination with graduation degree. For more information about examination visit at www.sbi.co.in or www.ibps.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?