22nd June 2015, 01:22 PM
sun_shine

Am I eligible for Bank PO exam having 52% in engineering?

Hi sir, i am 1986 born and i got 52% in engg (IT)...and i belong to BC-B category..i heard of relaxation in bank job exams.. so Am i eligible for any bank PO exam? If yes , what are those to which i can apply ..and i am a girl... Pls let me know....

22nd June 2015, 07:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam having 52% in engineering?

As far as age calculation is concerned, your are now a 29 years old candidate. There is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible for giving Bank Probationary Officer Examination. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for giving Bank PO Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Since there is no certain minimum percentage criteria is required, you do not need to worry at all about the eligibility.

Age Criteria:

Minimum Age - 20 years

Maximum Age - 28 years

There will be an age relaxation for OBC, SC, ST, PWD, Ex-Servicemen category candidates as per government norms.

For SC/ ST Candidates - 5 years (Maximum Age - 33 years)

For OBC Candidates - 3 years (Maximum Age - 31 years)

Since you belong to OBC Category, there will be an age relaxation of 3 years age and you can apply for Bank PO Recruitment for next 3 years. IBPS PO 2015 Notification will be released in the month of July, 2015. So I suggest you to go through the below link and visit the website regularly for more Probationary Officer 2015 Recruitment.

Click here for More IBPS PO Details {Click on Common Recruitment Process for Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees 5}
22nd June 2015, 09:16 PM
mwh

Yov are eligible for bank PO jobs.there is no marks criteria for bank job.
IBPS PO CWE scheduled in the month of october.
The eligibility for bank po jobs are:
candidate should be graduate.
The age limit is between 20 to 30 years.relaxation for BC is 3 years.
IBPS PO Exam notification will come in july 2015.
22nd June 2015, 11:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for the Bank PO examination having completed your engineering course with 52% as for this one just have to be graduate percentage in the graduation does not matters.

The eligibility criteria for appearing in the Bank PO examination are as :-

You must be an Indian resident.

Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years. Also there is the age relaxation offered for the categories other than general as per the government norms.

You must have done your graduation with any discipline from a recognized university.

You must have knowledge of operating a computer as the whole world in becoming digital.

The main examination of Bank PO are IBPS PO exam and SBI PO exam. IBPS PO exam is held for the selection of employees in the 29 nationalized banks where as SBI PO exam is held for the recruitment in the SBI branches only.

For both examinations eligibility is same as above and the examination is held in two stages which are as written examination and personal interview.
22nd June 2015, 11:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the PO examination. PO stands for the Probitinary Officer and to get recruited you need to qualify in the IBPS or SBI entrance test.

The eligibility to apply for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-30 years and special relaxation in the age for the OBC , SC/ST and ex- serviceman in the upper age limit.

There is no limitation on the discipline and the aggregate of the graduation. The examination is conducted in two stages as the Mains and the Interview. It is must needed to qualify in both the stages for the final recruitment as PO.

The question in the examination are asked from the Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, English, Data Interpretation and the Computer. So it is must needed to have the better practice and accuracy to qualify in the examination.

For more information visit at the www.onlinesbi.in. and www.ibps.in.
22nd June 2015, 11:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
Hi sir, i am 1986 born and i got 52% in engg (IT)...and i belong to BC-B category..i heard of relaxation in bank job exams.. so Am i eligible for any bank PO exam? If yes , what are those to which i can apply ..and i am a girl... Pls let me know....
Yes, of course you are eligible for the IBPS entrance exam after completing Engineering course. The minimum marks required for the IBPS PO entrance exam are Graduation or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. There is no minimum marks required for the IBPS PO exam. Please, refer the below eligibility criteria,

IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria:

- Students must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University. Students perusing their graduation and expected to be graduate are also eligible to apply

- Minimum age of candidates for the IBPS PO exam is 20 years and maximum should be 30 years. SC/ST Candidates will be given age relaxation up to 5 years and 3 years for OBC candidates

- Students must have good Communication skill and Computer knowledge.

Official Website - www.ibps.in
22nd June 2015, 11:32 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear Bank PO exams through IBPS exams & Bank exam which is organized by respective bank it self. There are some eligibility criteria required for this exam which are as follows:

The candidates should be a citizen of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
The age limit is 21 - 30 years , there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

For more details visit website of respective banks .
http://www.ibps.in
22nd June 2015, 11:38 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for PO exam.

The eligibility criteria for applying Bank PO exam is as follows:

1. Candidate must have competed his graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

2. Candidate who are in final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.

3. Age of the candidate must be in between 21-30 years of age. There is a relaxation of 5 years of SC/ ST castes and 3 years for OBC category.
23rd June 2015, 01:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
You have completed engineering degree in IT so you are eligible for Bank PO exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Examination pattern for Bank PO 2015:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks
23rd June 2015, 03:06 PM
ankit740
Member+

Yes friend you are eligible to appear for bank po exam as you are a graduate.There is no percentage criteria to be eligible for this exam.
ELIGIBILITY:
1.you must have completed your graduation from any recognised university.
2.The age limit for the exam is 20 to 30 years.age relaxation is given to the reserve category students.
Thank you
8th August 2015, 05:36 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Dear Friend..

Yes you are definitely eligible for any Bank PO exam i.e either SBI PO or IBPS PO after securing 52% in engineering..
Although it is one of the best option for you after securing this percentage in B. Tech

Following are the eligibility for a Bank PO exam:

--Student must possess a graduation degree...Final year candidates can also apply.. Percentage doesn't matter in this..

-- must have age between 20 to 30 years.. Relaxation will be given to reservation candidates..

**Both SBI and IBPS PO exam syllabus and pattern are almost same.. So you have to prepare well for this..

I hope this post will be helpful to you..

Thank You
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?