21st September 2012, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write Bank PO and Bank Clerk exam after completing B.Com with 49%

i have completed my B.COm with 49%, am i elegible to write a Bank POs and Bank Clerks exams, kindly advise.

3rd November 2012, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to write Bank PO and Bank Clerk exam after completing B.Com with 49%

respected sir or mam i have completed my b.com with 55% through distance education can i eligible for PO EXAM.
3rd November 2012, 09:42 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to write Bank PO and Bank Clerk exam after completing B.Com with 49%

Hello,
The educational qualifications required for the Probationary Officers in Banks is generally-:
Graduation with minimum 60% of marks.Although earlier 60% in Graduation was not mandatory but the government of India has fixed 60% of marks in graduation for the posts of probationary officers.

For the clerical posts,in the recently announced Common Written Examination conducted by the IBPS for the clerical positions in the 20 public sector banks of India,the minimum educational qualification required is-:

Graduation in any degree irrespective of the percentage of marks.

As earlier even 12th passed candidates with 60% were eligible but now Graduation is mandatory to sit in this exam.

So you are eligible for the CLERICAL exams in the banks.

You can gather more information from www.bankexamsindia.com

Good Luck.
4th November 2012, 10:16 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write Bank PO and Bank Clerk exam after completing B.Com with 49%

Surely my friend you can appear for IBPS Bank PO and Clerk exams as per your wish. The requirement for both the exams is a graduation degree. It does not matter that you have completed B.A. or B.Com. Similarly your percentage is also irrelevant when applying for these exams.

You just need to wait for the notification of the exam that you prefer by the Institute of Banking Personnel Services and then apply for it as per the guidelines mentioned in the notification.

If you managed to clear the exam then you will be eligible to apply for job in 19 Public Sector Banks in India that participate in this exam. Before you apply for any of the exam. Please check the criteria mentioned below.

IBPS Clerk Eligibility

1. Minimum of graduation degree is required.

2. A diploma/degree in computers is also required. Even if you had computers/IT as a subject in High School/College, you can appear for the exam.

3. The age limit is 18 to 28 years.

4. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

IBPS Bank PO Eligibility

1. A bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. The age limit is 20 to 30 years.

Relaxation of Upper Age limit

SC/ST - 5 years

OBC - 3 years.

Persons With Disabilities - 10 years
4th November 2012, 02:09 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

After Completion Of Graduation You Are Eligible For BANK PO, But Now You Are Eligible For BANK CLERK Because In Bank Clerk 12th Pass Candidate Also Applicable.

IBPS Eligibility Criteria For PO :

1. Graduate Candidate
2. Indian Citizen
3. Age Limit : 21 to 28 Years (For SBI Age Limit : 21 to 30 Year And All Criteria Is Same)
a. In Case Of OBC : 3 Years Relaxation
b. In Case Of SC/ST : 5 Years Relaxation

------------------------------------------------------------------

IBPS Eligibility Criteria For clerk :

1. 60% in 12th (55% For SC/ST)
2. Indian Citizen
3. Age Limit : 18 to 28 Years (For SBI Age Limit : 21 to 30 Year And All Criteria Is Same)
a. In Case Of OBC : 3 Years Relaxation
b. In Case Of SC/ST : 5 Years Relaxation
5th November 2012, 11:30 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend,

The Eligibility Criteria Required to Write Bank PO Exams are :

a) You must have completed your graduation in any stream with a minimum of 55% marks.

b) Final Year Graduation Students can also appear for the exam.

c) Age Criteria : 21-30 years.

d) Relaxation in age is also for Reserved Category Candidates.

The Pattern Of The Examination is :

So , on the basis of the above mentioned , you are not eligible for any bank exams as you have only 49% marks in Graduation.

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.
5th November 2012, 02:45 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my B.COm with 49%, am i elegible to write a Bank POs and Bank Clerks exams, kindly advise.
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Bank P.O exam after passing graduation with 49% marks.

For Bank P.O you have to pass graduation with minimum 50% marks from recognized university.

If you want you can apply for other job like:-
> Indian Army
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> Police Force
etc

ALL THE BEST!
24th December 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my BCA with 83 % in graduation. can i write bank po exam. can u plz explain abt the procedure
29th December 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

hi,
My graduation marks is54 % and in mba i got 60% .. M i eligible for bank po on mba marks basis
17th March 2013, 09:38 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you are eligible to write the Bank PO as well as the Bank Clerical Exam if you have completed graduation in commerce stream with 49% marks.

Recently , the banks has removed the minimum percentage bar from the educational qualification criteria required.

So , candidates need just a pass degree in any stream of graduation from any recognized university.

However , to assure yourself to be eligible for the banking exams , you have to check the other eligibility criteria too.

These Criteria are :

For Bank Clerical exams :

a) Your age should lie in between 18-28 years.

b) Age Relaxation :

* For OBC Candidates : 3 years

* For SC/ST Candidates : 5 years

* For Divorced / Widow Women : 9 years

* For Physically Handicapped : 10 years

c) Nationality : Indian

For Bank Clerical exams :

a) Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

b) Age Relaxation :

* For OBC Candidates : 3 years

* For SC/ST Candidates : 5 years

* For Divorced / Widow Women : 9 years

* For Physically Handicapped : 10 years

c) Nationality : Indian

If you fulfill the above mentioned criteria too , then you are definitely eligible for the banking exams.

This is the information i have to the bets of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
17th March 2013, 05:05 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for PO is Probationary Officer.

Yes definitely, you are eligible for both Bank Clerk and PO examinations.

SBI and IBPS conducts Bank Clerk and PO examinations every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the bank Clerk and PO examinations are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any track with pass marks from any accredited college or university.

* Age limit:- 18-28 yrs for Clerk and 21-30 yrs for PO.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality:- Indian.

The selection procedure for bank Clerk and PO examinations is mentioned as below:-

* Written examination.

* Group Discussion(GD)- Only for SBI PO examination.

* Interview.
17th March 2013, 05:51 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

With 49% you are no way eligible to apply for the bank PO or Clerical Examination.

The exams ask for a good academic percentage of above 60% throughout the academics in order to apply for the examination.

So it is better to not to apply for the jobs as you will not get the call letter.

Thank you,

All the best.
17th March 2013, 06:14 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Bank P.O. and Clerical Exam after B.Com. with 49% marks.

Bank P.O. and Clerical Exam generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection)

The eligible candidate wishing to apply for SBI/IBPS Clerical Exam, must be an Indian National having completed 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognised Board or having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The eligible candidate wishing to join SBI/IBPS P.O. exam must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As there is no requirement of any percentage of marks in Graduation to apply for SBI/IBPS clerical and P.O. exam, you can apply for the same having score 49% in B.Com.
9th April 2013, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

Namaste,
I am gng to complete my b.tech with cse with 60%.. I want to enter banking sector.. Pls give me complete details about PO exams qualifications,annual package,any coaching or preparation necessary etc.. Am i eligible?
30th April 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i m 30yrs old wid 60% in ma(history) and ba 51 %,does i m eligible for bank po?
1st May 2013, 12:49 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i m 30yrs old wid 60% in ma(history) and ba 51 %,does i m eligible for bank po?
If you belong to General category, than you are not eligible to apply for the PO posts.

Eligibilty for the BANK PO exams:
Min educational qualifications is Graduation Pass
Age should be between 20 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the IBPS Clerks Exams:
Numerical Ability
Reasoning
General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry
Computer Knowledge
English Language
10th May 2013, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for SBI and IBPS bank PO exams after completing b.com with 53% ?
27th May 2013, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Hi , Please let me know wheather B.S.C animation was eligible for writing IBPS exams
31st May 2013, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

i hv 58.33% in greduation...
m i eligible fr p.o. exam????
23rd June 2013, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

i am in b.com 2nd year.am i eligible to write bank exams now?what is the procedure?
23rd June 2013, 07:27 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to write Bank P.O. and Clerical Exam after completing Graduation Degree in any stream generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 2o to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over computer operation, is eligible to apply for SBI/IBPS clerical exam.

The eligible candidate being an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised university within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate having good knowledge over computer operation, is eligible to apply for SBI/IBPS P.O. Exam.
14th July 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

hi am in cross major ..ug in electronics pg in computer science ...may i apply in bank exam
15th July 2013, 06:21 PM
kalo 4

With 49% you are no way eligible to apply for the bank PO or Clerical Examination.

The exams ask for a good academic percentage of above 60% throughout the academics in order to apply for the examination.

So it is better to not to apply for the jobs as you will not get the call letter.

Thank you
15th July 2013, 10:45 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

>> Yes, You are.....!!!!

>> Here you have completed your Graduation degree that is B.Com then it is better to apply for the Bank PO (Probationary Officer) Post instead of Clerk Post......

>> And it is better to apply for the IBPS PO Examination. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. this exam is conducted by the 19 public sector Bank of India. So, if you Qualify in this exam you can get Government job in 19 public bank......

Eligibility and Criteria:-

>> A candidate after completing their Bachelor Degree in any discipline from the Recognized Universities can apply for the IBPS Examination......

>> A candidate of Final year of Graduation degree a candidate can also apply for the Same Exam.....

>> A candidate must have sufficient Computer Knowledge....

>> Knowledge of Local Language...

>> A candidate must have Nationality of India.

Age Criteria:-

>> For IBPS Clerk Exam age must be between 20 to 28 years.....

>> For IBPS PO Post age of candidate should be between 20 to 30 years.....

>> Relaxation for OBC Category on upper age 3 years.

>> For SC/ST it is up to 5 years.

>> For PH/PWD category candidate it is applicable up to +10 years on upper age.

Exam pattern:-

All the best

With Regards......
DHARM
16th July 2013, 12:40 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

Yes you can eligible for the Bank PO & Bank Clerk exams.

Bank PO Eligibility:

Candidate should be origin of India.

Candidates must be complete Graduation in any stream with min of 55% aggregate from a recognized university

Final year appearing candidates also eligible for apply

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Bank Clerk Eligibility :

Candidate should be origin of India.

Candidates must be complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized university

Candidates age limit between 18 to 28 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Selection Process:

Written Test

Interview

All the best........
16th July 2013, 07:01 PM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

YOU HAVE ELIGIBLE FOR WRITE BANK PO & BANK CLERK

Eligibility
  • The lower age limit for IBPS Clerk Exam 2013 is 20 years
  • 3 years in the case of OBC candidates.
  • 5 years in the case of 1. SC/ST candidates. 2.Ex-servicemen
  • Ten years relaxation is given to person with disability.
  • You have Complete Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University
  • Candidate must have Nationality of India.
  • Selection process : Written test & Personal interview

Exam pattern

Books

>Solved Papers Bank Clerical Grade Examination For I.B.P.S. CWE (Including 25 Sets)
by GKP

>The Complete Book for IBPS Bank PO & Clerk Examination
by Gautam Majumdar

>IBPS Bank Clerk Pariksha Success Master Common Written Examination
by Arihant Experts

>Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO 2nd Edition (Paperback)
Author: Disha Experts

6th September 2013, 11:55 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend Bank P.O. and Clerical Exam generally conducted by SBI and IBPS.

IBPS stand for INSTITUTE OF BANKING AND PERSONAL SELECTIOTN.

IBPS Conducts the common written examination for 20 public sector banks in every year.

Eligibility Criteria for IBPS exam:-

The Qualifications Required for IBPS Clerical Examination are :-

Candidate must have to completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age Limit :-

Age should be between 18 years to 28 years for General category candidates.

3 years age relaxation for OBC category candidates

and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST category Candidates.

Candidate shoulld be an Indian citizen.

The Qualifications Required for IBPS PO Examination are :-

Candidate must have completed Graduation degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized University.

Age Limit : -

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC category candidates

and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST category Candidates.

Candidate shoulld be an Indian citizen.

For more informatioon visit:- http://www.ibps.in

All the best................
12th August 2014, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

hi,iam priya. iam studying b.sc biotechnology 2nd yr i completed my 12th with 80% marks. am i eligible to write any bank exams ? if yes plz tell me which one i can write....
26th October 2014, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

i am a final year automobile engineering student..wat kind of bank exams am i eligible for
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?