28th August 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after obtaining engineering degree with 62% and 55% in 12th/

sir i have obtained my engg degree with 62% agreegate and in 10+2 ihave 55% then plz say me i m eligible or not for bank po exam

29th August 2011, 08:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after obtaining engineering degree with 62% and 55% in 12th/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i have obtained my engg degree with 62% agreegate and in 10+2 ihave 55% then plz say me i m eligible or not for bank po exam
Yes You are eligible for Bank PO Examination, If you are Interested in Bank PO examination then you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.

Many Private banks and Public sector Banks conducts the PO Recruitment every year, For Public sector banks you need to be a graduate in any discipline and you dont mentain any Minimum percentage criteria to apply for this examination.

>> But for Private banks, you need to scored minimum 55% to 60% marks in your graduation and graduation is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination. So, If your age should between 21 to 30 years then you are eligible for Bank PO examination, the Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

>> Final year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination because you have to complete your Graduation first and then you are eligible for Bank PO examination.

>> For SBI and IBPS examination you not need to scored any minimum percentage in graduation, If you have passed in your graduation, then you are apply for Bank PO examination.

The selection are based on written test, Group discussion and Personal Interview, The written examination was of Objective and Descriptive Both.

>> And You have scored Good marks in your Graduation, So you are eligible for Bank PO Recruitment examination, Eligible candidates may apply for This examination Online But before applying online you have to pay the fees through challan and then you can fill the application form Online, The examination fees are vary form bank to bank.

And If you want to get more Information about Bank PO examination, then please read the previous year Notification OR visit the Bank official websites.
29th August 2011, 08:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after obtaining engineering degree with 62% and 55% in 12th/

Quote:
dear friend,

You have completed graduation with 62% so you are eligible for BANK PO exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BANK PO EXAM:-

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

You must be completed your graduation with minimum 50% marks .(For Sc/St candidate -45%)

Your 10th and 12 th marks must be above 45%.

AGE CRITERIA:

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

AGE RELAXATION:-

For SC/ST candidate- 5 years.
For OBC candidate - 3 years.

all the best.
29th August 2011, 08:41 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

HELLO FRIEND

Yes you are eligible for appearing in Bank PO exam as the eligibility crieteria to appear for PO exam is that you should be a graduate in any discipline with atleast 50% marks

Eligibility criteria is different for different banks as for appearing in sbi bank is that you should score minimum 60% marks in your graduation
29th August 2011, 08:43 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Yes,you can eligible for Bank PO's exam,but not all.Because you are not having 60% marks throughout the education qualification.So you can appear for some of the banks,which allows 55% Marks candidates.
Here is the list of Bank,you can appear:

Bank of India
Allahabad Bank
Canara Bank
Syndicate Bank
India Overseas Bank
State Bank of India

For latest update for Bank PO notification,then click here
29th August 2011, 08:58 PM
Bullo

Hii..

Yes,, ofcourse you are eligible for Bank PO exam...
Graduation is the basic requirement and as you are an engg graduate ,then you fulfillthe criterias for Bank PO exam...

So prepare for it...All the best!!
29th August 2011, 09:00 PM
Mannu2525

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after obtaining engineering degree with 62% and 55% in 12th/

Dear,
Yes, you are eligible for bank PO examination. Before going to discuss further I am going to tell you what exactly a bank PO work is and how he will be selected for this.

Who is Bank PO?
A Bank Probationary Officer (PO) in the bank is the starting level appointment for bank officers.

Work of Bank PO
• General Banking.
• Administration work.
• Any other work assigned by the Bank.

So, as you are eligible for bank PO examination, its a duty of mine to tell you everything regarding bank PO examination.

Eligibility of Bank PO
•-> Graduation in any discipline form a recognized university.
•-> Age Limit - 21 to 30 years.
•-> 5 year age relaxation to SC and ST candidates.
•-> 3 year age relaxation to OBC Candidates.

Syllabus of Bank PO
•-> Quantitative Aptitude - 50 Questions
•-> Verbal ability - 50 Questions
•-> Logical Reasoning - 50 Questions
•-> General Awareness - 50 Questions
•-> Computer knowledge - 50 Questions

Duration of examination - 2 hour and 30 minutes

Best Recommended books for bank PO examination
• Quant and Logical Reasoning - S.Chand Publication (R S Aggrawal)
• English - Renin and martin, Word power made easy and Oxford Thesaurus
• General Awareness - The Hindu, Chronicle and Upkar publication books
• computer knowledge - www.competitionmaster.com

Hopefully you will get so much information regarding Bank PO.

GOOD LUCK FOR EXAM

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
29th August 2011, 09:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Wink Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after obtaining engineering degree with 62% and 55% in 12th/

Quote:
There are many banks in India and and do have posts allocated for probationary officer and clerk.

There is a entrance exam which is conducted by bank known as bank exam for candidate to join in for the post of probationary officer and clerk.

The respected exam for these post are Bank PO and Bank clerk.These exams are held depending on the vacancies of the post in the respected bank which is conducting.

As you have asked for the Bank PO exam,there are certain eligibility criteria's which you must satisfy to apply for the exam.

Eligibility for Bank PO:

-> Candidate who want to apply must have a citizenship in India.

-> Candidates who are from General category must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

-> Candidates who are from SC/ST category must have a age limit of 21-35 years.

-> Candidates who are from OBC category must have a age limit of 21-33 years.

-> Candidate should have a graduation from a recognized university with 60% aggregate.This may change from bank-bank.

-> Candidate who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for this exam.

The candidates are selected through 2 stages:

Written test
Interview.

All the best.
29th August 2011, 09:30 PM
rana2011
Banned

Yes You are eligible for Bank PO Examination, If you are Interested in Bank PO examination then you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 09:41 PM
dhruv007

graduation is the minimum criteria for bank PO examination. and you are eligible for this exam.for this you must to pass your graduation with at least 55% in graduation. the age limit exist for this exam is 21-30 years for general candidates,the Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

The selection are based on written test, Group discussion and Personal Interview, The written examination was of Objective and Descriptive Both.
29th August 2011, 10:11 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for govt. bank PO exam:-

Educational qualification:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade..
*The candidate should have 60% aggregate throughout the career including 10th and 12th..
*The candidate must be computer literate..
*The candidate must be a citizen of India...

Age criteria:-

*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years..
There are some age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC category..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years..

These are the criteria you have to fulfill to appear for govt. banking sector....
As you have secure 55% marks in 12th then you are not eligible for bank PO exam..

But you can apply for Private banking sector...
Where the qualification needed is 55% aggregate through out the career..
So, go for private banking sector exam....
All the best..
29th August 2011, 11:46 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you will be eligiable for the bank PO exam, if you have the following criteria

>>There us an upper age limit for the candidate to be eligible for this post. He/she should not be of more than thirty years of age and not less than 20 years.

>>It is mandatory for the candidate should be a Indian citizen.

>>Educational Qualifications: A candidate must be a graduate. Graduation can be in any discipline with minimum 55 % aggregate from a government recognized university.

>>Additional Qualification computer knowledge is required.

all the best......
4th June 2012, 09:36 PM
Nature Boy

Dear Friend,

Yes, You are elligible for PO exam because you are above than elligibility criteria,
For PO Exam of IBPS & SBI
*For General caste age should be 21-31 and minimum graduate or equalent form any recognised university.

*For SC & ST- Age should be 21-36 and minimum graduate or equalent form any recognised university.

*For PWD & Ex-Serviceman- Age shoud be 21-41 and should be graduate or equalent form any recognised university.

*For OBC- Age should be 18-34 years & should be graduate or equalent form any recognised university.

Regards,
Yogesh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?