20th July 2011, 10:30 PM

Percentage of marks required in Degree to be eligible for Bank PO Exam?

sir,
I am studying degree 2nd year. i got 59% of marks in my 1st year. In total degree which % of marks to eligible for bank po's.?what's mean by bank po's? what's their work? it's right decison or not?please send your answer my E-MAIL ID. my e-mail ID is [email protected]

22nd July 2011, 01:36 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage of marks required in Degree to be eligible for Bank PO Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
sir,
I am studying degree 2nd year. i got 59% of marks in my 1st year. In total degree which % of marks to eligible for bank po's.?what's mean by bank po's? what's their work? it's right decison or not?please send your answer my E-MAIL ID. my e-mail ID is [email protected]
Eligiblity Criteria are vary from Bank To Bank.

But To apply for SBI bank You need to passed in your graduation Examination in any discipline from a recognised University, There is no minimum Percentage eligibility criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination.

So, It your age should between 21 to 30 years then you are eligible to apply for Bank PO examination, the Upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved Category Candidates.

But for other banks You need to scored minimum 55% Marks to 60% Marks in your graduation examination, For ICICI bank you need to scored minimum 55% marks in your graduation examination.

The Examination are Objective type as well as Descriptive type, In Objective type Examination you need questions from Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers, Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation and Test of Reasoning The duration of This examination was 2 Hours with 200 Marks Each. Descriptive examination are of 1 Hour Test with Minimum 50 Marks.

And If you have clear the Written examination then you are eligible to apply for Group discussion and Interview and the final selection are based on merit basis. And If you need more information then please visit the official banks website OR read the given notification.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1306923612882_ADVT_ABPO_07082011.pdf(36.1 KB, 217 views)
22nd July 2011, 02:52 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage of marks required in Degree to be eligible for Bank PO Exam?

dear friend,
The eligibility criteria for Bank PO exam-

The educational qualification-

*One must complete the graduation in any discipline..

*One should have 60% aggregate through out the career..

*One must be computer literate..

The age criteria-

*For general category the age criteria is 21-30years..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years..
For OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

The candidate must have citizenship of India..

If you fulfill all these criteria then you can appear in Bank PO exam..

So, all the best..
22nd July 2011, 03:41 PM
sanjeev26

Quote:
sir,
To appear in bank Po exam you need to have minimum 50% marks in your bachelor degree program.
22nd July 2011, 04:18 PM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
to appear in bank PO exam a candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in graduation and the age limit is 21 - 30 years with some relaxation for reserved categories.....
all the best
23rd July 2011, 03:32 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

To apply for bank You have required graduation in any discipline from a recognised University. minimum Percentage eligibility criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination is different for different Banks.

For ICICI bank you need to scored minimum 55% marks in your graduation examination.for other banks You need to scored minimum 55% Marks to 60% Marks in your graduation examination.

For SBI Bank po exam there is no minimum percentage required but you have to pass Graduation.

For bank PO exam your age should between 21 to 30 years.this is age requirement.there is age relaxation is for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved Category Candidates.

The PO Examination are Objective type as well as Descriptive type.First written exam is conducted after clear the Written examination Group discussion and Interview will be conducted.

Interview and group discussion are very important for PO exam.with good performance in Interview and Group discussion you can get job in banks.
30th July 2011, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

can i roundoff my 49.8% marks to 50% for banking exams where it is asked 50%
11th August 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

I am a graduate b.com(accountancy) scored 54.79% marks. am i eligible for bank po exam?

Mizanur Rahman
10th September 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

i have 45 percentage in graduation and 60 % in post graduation am i eligible for bank po ibps examination
1st December 2011, 01:44 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend
Eligiblity Criteria are vary from Bank To Bank.

But To apply for SBI bank You need to passed in your graduation Examination in any discipline from a recognised University, There is no minimum Percentage eligibility criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination.

So, It your age should between 21 to 30 years then you are eligible to apply for Bank PO examination, the Upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved Category Candidates.

But for other banks You need to scored minimum 55% Marks to 60% Marks in your graduation examination, For ICICI bank you need to scored minimum 55% marks in your graduation examination.

The Examination are Objective type as well as Descriptive type, In Objective type Examination you need questions from Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers, Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation and Test of Reasoning The duration of This examination was 2 Hours with 200 Marks Each. Descriptive examination are of 1 Hour Test with Minimum 50 Marks.

And If you have clear the Written examination then you are eligible to apply for Group discussion and Interview and the final selection are based on merit basis
6th January 2012, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

i scored 50% in b.sc and 56% in m.sc . am i eligible for the bank po exam?
6th January 2012, 11:40 PM
manishrajit

Quote:
sir,
Re: Percentage of marks required in Degree to be eligible for Bank PO Exam?

Dear friend,
The percentage required to for bank PO exam are vary from bank to bank:
>For SBI Bank po exam there is no minimum percentage required but you have to pass Graduation.
>For ICICI bank you need to scored minimum 55% marks in your graduation examination.
>But for other banks You need to scored minimum 55% Marks to 60% Marks in your graduation examination.
>your age should between 21 to 30 years then you are eligible to apply for Bank PO examination, the Upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved Category Candidates.

All the best.

With regard
manishrajit
19th March 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

i scored 50.69% in B.A. am i eligible for the bank po exam? Plz suggest for urgent basis.
26th May 2012, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

i got a re appear in 5th semester of b.com . m i eligible for this exam?
27th May 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

sir please tell me in explain for which bank what eligible criteria and bank PO EXAM 2012 WHEN HELD?
19th August 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 52.7% in bsc, am i eligible in any bank for the post of PO
13th September 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am b.com 2nd year student from Calcutta University. I want to know what is the minimum percentage to appear in SBI and Other Banks PO exams.
Please guide and reply me on my Mail Id..
at..
[email protected]
13th September 2012, 06:13 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

P.O. - PROBATIONARY OFFICER the exam for this job in bank is generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) for Public Sector banks.

There is no percentage of marks required in Graduation for the above mentioned exam conductor for application to Bank P.O. exam.

But some private banks required at least 55% to 60% marks in Graduation as eligibility criteria for P.O. exam.

Apart from this for SBI & IBPS P.O. exam, the candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 year with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
13th September 2012, 07:20 PM
jayks

HELLO

PO stand for Probationary officer.

yes you are eligible for PO

Eligibility:

1.The candidate must be a citizen of India.
2.The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university with 60% aggregate.
3.The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years of age.
-3 years for OBC people.
-5 years for ST/SC people
-5 years for Ex-Service man
-10 years for PH-Candidate.
4.The candidate must know about computers and must know t operate on MS Office.

BANK PO SYLLABUS.

Logical Reasoning,
Analytical,
Quantitative Aptitude and
English.

EXAM PATTERN FOR BANK PO

ALL THE BEST...
12th October 2012, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell me what is the minimum% for bank po according to IBPS.
20th December 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage required in B.com for applying for Bank PO Exam for sc students?
23rd March 2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE 47% SECURED MARKS.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR BANK PO EXAM.
23rd March 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

IAM SECURED 47% MARKS IN GRADUATION.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR BANK PO EXAM
24th March 2013, 08:30 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IAM SECURED 47% MARKS IN GRADUATION.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR BANK PO EXAM
YES, you are eligible to apply for the BANK PO exams.

BANK PO exams are conducted by:
>> SBI
>> IBPS on behalf of 20 Nationalised banks

Educational qualifications required to apply for the both IBPS and SBI PO exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream
No minimum marks is required in Graduation

Age for the SBI Po exams is between 21 and 30 years and for IBPS is between 20 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Currently there is no new PO exam notifications

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the IBPS PO Exams:
Quantitative Aptitude
Reasoning
General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry
Computer Knowledge
English Language
Descriptive Paper on English Composition
19th June 2013, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed my b.com with 71.5% in honours papers and 59.33% in all subjects including subsidiary papers. Am i eligible for bank po?
13th June 2015, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

I have 45 % in degree I am eligible to apply banking exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?