25th December 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for BITS exam after scoring 78% in 12th?

I got 78% in 12th,am i eligible for bits exam?..please tell me if its possible to apply for it

29th December 2011, 01:18 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for BITS exam after scoring 78% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 78% in 12th,am i eligible for bits exam?..please tell me if its possible to apply for it
Since you have scored 78% in your +2 level of exam, you will be considered eligible to sit for BITSAT provided :
  • The subject combination of your +2 was Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
  • You have scored a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects mentioned above.

If you fulfill the eligibility criteria, you will be eligible to write BITSAT, an entrance test which must be qualified to get admission in BITS.

For complete information regarding the upcoming BITSAT, refer to the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BITSAT AD_2012.pdf(1.85 MB, 52 views)
30th December 2011, 08:02 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test and it is a Computer based online test for Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.

To apply for this examination, you have to complete your 12th examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

You should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination, at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

Final year appearing candidates are also apply for BITSAT Examination.

If you are Fulfill the Given Eligibility Criteria, then you are eligible to apply for This examination.

The Notification of BITSAT Examination was declared and the online application Process was already started, If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply for this examination soon before the Last date.

Important Dates :
--------------

>> Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2012 : 15th February 2012
>>Test center allotment and announcement to candidates : 25th February 2012
>> Candidates to reserve Test dates : 29th Feb. – 20th March 2012
>> Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions: 14th April – 30th April 2012
>> BITSAT Online tests : 10th May – 9th June 2012

So, Please fill the BITSAT Application form Online Soon Before the Last date and for more Information check official website :

http://www.bitsadmission.com

Apply online : Click Here
30th December 2011, 11:22 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for BITS exam after scoring 78% in 12th?

Hi

BITS is the Birla Institute of Technology and Science and it is one of the best engineering institutions in our country it ranking 6th in the All India Rankings.

BITS conducts its own entrance exam. If you want to apply for the BITS, You have to sit for the entrance test BITSAT 2012.

The BITSAT notification is out very recently. The Basic Eligibility Criteria's to apply for the BITS are :

1. You need to be a minimum 12th pass with a minimum 75% aggregate in your boards from a recognized school or state board of India.

2. You must have studied Physics + Chemistry + Mathematics in your 12th.

3. You should have scored atleast 60% marks in each of the three science subjects mentioned in the above criteria.

4. A good proficiency is also required in the English language.

5. Since this exam is online and computer based, so a basic computer knowledge is also required.

6. Direct admission is open for the board toppers.

If anybody satisfies the above mentioned criteria's then he/she is eligible to appear in the BITSAT.

Now as you say, that you have scored 78% in your 12th, YEA you are eligible to appear in the BITSAT, provided you have more than 60% marks in PCM respectively.

-> If you wish to visit the official website of BITS for more information, Please Click Here

-> If you want to directly apply for this exam, Please Click Here

Hope this helps

With this I am uploading the BITS syllabus and official Information Brochure 2012. Please Download it and refer for your use.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BITSAT Syllabus.pdf(105.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: doc BITSAT Cutoff 2011.doc(61.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf BITSAT AD_2012.pdf(1.85 MB, 51 views)
30th December 2011, 11:24 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hai frnd ,,,,,,,
Eligibility :- 10+2 from recognized by govt of india with physics, chemistry, mathematics.
and also each subject with 75% marks
adimission to programes offered at pilami,Goa and Hyderabad along with 12th stand marks
last date of register for bits 5pm on the 15th feb 2012
the test will be conducated between 10th may to 9th june 2012
total no of questions 150
part - I physics 40 questions
part -II chemistry 40 questions
part -III 1> english proficiency 15 questions
2> logical and reasoning 10 questions
part IV - mathematics 45 questions
31st December 2011, 12:40 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
BITS is an entrance exam for getting admission in Birla institute of technology and science in B.tech course..

Eligibility for BITS exam:-

1.candidate must have complete the 12th in science field having subject combination like- Physics, chemistry and maths.

2.candidate must have secure 75% aggregate in physics, chemistry and maths and must have 60% marks at least individually..Also the candidate must be adequate in english..

3.Age should not be more than 25 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years.And for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to sit in BITS exam..

As you secured 78% marks in 12th then you are eligible for the exam..

All the best.
31st December 2011, 01:37 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
B.I.T.S stand for Birla Institute of Technology & Science.
B.I.T.S is among the top university in India.

You are eligible for BITS exam if you pass 12th with minimum70% marks and
In Physics, Chemistry and Maths you have to score minimum 60% marks in each subject.
Your age should be in between 17-25 year.

So, If you get 60% above in PCM then you are eligible for BITS exam.

ALL THE BEST!
31st December 2011, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: Am I eligible for BITS exam after scoring 78% in 12th?

Quote:
if you have 80 percent in pcm omly then you can apply for it...
31st December 2011, 10:46 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes of course !!!

BITSAT :- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test for admission to integrated First degree programmes of BITS pilani,Goa and Hyderabad.

To apply for BITSAT examination,the candidate need to finished or appearing in the 12th examination can apply for BITSAT examination.The candidate must have a studied physics,chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects at the time of appearing for this examination.

The candidate must secure at least 75% aggregate marks in Physics,chemistry,Mathematics OR 60% aggregate marks in Physics,chemistry,Mathematics and English.

Those who are studying in the final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for BITSAT examination.

So,according to my knowledge your eligible to apply for BITSAT examination.This examination notification was already out in the official website and other information sites also.So,please check out that....

BITSAT Important dates :-
------------------------

BITSAT online examination :- 10/05/12 To 09/06/12
Last date for receipt of application :- 15/02/12

Online Application :- http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/.../onlinereg.asp

More details,Visit the official website :- http://www.bitsadmission.com/
31st December 2011, 05:14 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

For appearing in BITSAT exam, an entrance exam conducted for joining in BITS PILANI university, you must have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You must have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination, at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

Thus with 78% in your 12th std you are eligible for appearing in this exam provided you have got at least 60% in each of the subjects.
31st December 2011, 09:26 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Birla Institute Of Technology And Science(BITS) organize BITSAT exam for admission to Bachelor Degree for the candidates.

Eligibility Criteria :-
Candidates should have to pass the 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects means PCM.

Minimum marks required : Candidates must have to get a minimum of aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects. Also candidate should have good knowledge in English.

Students who are appearing for 12th examination in the running year or who have passed 12th Examination in previous year only are eligible to appear in the BITSAT test.

If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered.
For more update on BITSAT visit : www.bitsadmission.com/.
Direct Admission :- It is only given to the Board Toppers.

So, I think as your marks in 12th result was 90% in all, and 79% in PCM ( P-90%, C-78% and M - 69%) you are eligible for the exam as last date for form fill up was : 30th January 2010.

But if you are not still apply then for this year your chance is over. You have to try for other options like :
try to admit in other colleges, if you have valid AIEEE score then you can go for Engineering etc.
31st December 2011, 10:03 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for BITS exam after scoring 78% in 12th?

Quote:
Am I eligible for BITS exam after scoring 78% in 12th?

Hi friend,

Following is the percentage criteria for BITSAT:-

-Overall 60% in 12th science.

-minimum 80% is required in PCM aggregate.

Here you haven't mentioned your PCM percentage , anyway, but if you fulfill above criteria then you are definitely eligible.

For further update regarding this exam visit,

www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatmain.htm

for any other query, do post here.

best of luck

regards.
2nd May 2012, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

i got 78% in 12th examination. 74.444% in mpc in 12th examination.am i eligible for bitsat 2012
2nd May 2012, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

i got 78% in 12th examination. 74.44444% in mpc 12th examination. Am i elgible for bitsat 2012
15th May 2013, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

i got 77% in 12 standard and also igot 29 marks in physics and 30 marks in maths2B in 12 standard.Am i eligible for bitsat 2013
15th May 2013, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

I got 77% in intermediate and also 29 marksin physics,30 marks in Maths-2B.AM i eligible for bitsat 2013
28th April 2015, 02:26 PM
gagmiras

Sir, Am I eligible for bitsat 2015 after scoring 85.9% in AP board in total for both the years and 34 marks in 2nd yr physics and 56 marks in first year physics??
28th April 2015, 02:31 PM
gagmiras

Sir am I eligible for bitsat 2015 after scoring 85.9% in total of both the years in AP and I got 34 marks in second year physics and 56 marks in first year physics am I eligible???
Thank You.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?