1st April 2016, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do LLB course after passing 12th commerce stream?

Am I eligible to do LLB course after passing 12th commerce stream? Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria for the same? Awaiting for the response soon as possible. Hope that I will get the answer soon as possible. Thanks!

1st April 2016, 04:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do LLB course after passing 12th commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do LLB course after passing 12th commerce stream? Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria for the same? Awaiting for the response soon as possible. Hope that I will get the answer soon as possible. Thanks!
After completion of 12th standard, you are eligible for LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.

Best books for CLAT exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

CLAT Common Law Admission Test
by
Mazumdar Rituparna
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)
1st April 2016, 08:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for LLB course after passing 12th in commerce stream.

One can appear for CLAT to get admission to five year’s integrated B.A. LLB course after passing 12th.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test . It is a national level entrance test for the admission to UG, PG and Integrated law courses.

Eligibility criteria for LLB course :-

-The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in 10+2 exam in any stream from a recognized board.

-The candidate should not be more than 20 years of age for general category and 22 years for SC/ST candidate to apply for the test.

Exam pattern of CLAT for UG courses:

The exam will be conducted for two hour duration which will consist of 200 multiple choice answer type questions .

Reasoning – 40 Questions

Legal Aptitude – 50 Questions

English & Comprehension – 40 Questions

Elementary Mathematics – 20 Questions

General Knowledge and Current Affairs – 50 Questions
1st April 2016, 09:12 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You are eligible for LLB course after (10+2) from commerce stream. For LLB admission , CLAT is the entrance exam to be qualified.

CLAT Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) with at least 50% for general & 45% for reserved categories.
- Your age must be less than 20 years on 1st July of the examination year. 2 year relaxation applicable for reserved categories.

CLAT Syllabus
- English Comprehension
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- Elementary Maths
- Legal Aptitude & Reasoning

Job Types After LLB
- Notary
- Legal Advisor
- Magistrate
- Solicitor
- Public Prosecutor
- Advocate
- Law Reporter
1st April 2016, 09:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can take admission to LLB course after completion of your class 12th but you have to qualify the CLAT examination and if you get good rank in the CLAT examination you will get top college. This is 5 year degree course. A candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 50% marks in any discipline from recognised board and your age should not exceed 20 years where as relaxation of 2 years is given in the case of SC and ST students.
1st April 2016, 10:20 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You have to appear in Common Law Admission Test that is conducted every year to give admission to interested student to pursue 5 years to LLB degree course.Maximum age should not be more than 20 years and 22 for SC and ST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?