9th September 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for CDS entrance exam after passing 12th with commerce stream

Sir I have passed my 10+2 with commerce stream and graduation also.can I apply for CDS exam.

10th September 2013, 06:30 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for CDS entrance exam after passing 12th with commerce stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I have passed my 10+2 with commerce stream and graduation also.can I apply for CDS exam.
Higher Secondary Candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination but if you are having the graduate degree then you are absolutely eligible to apply for this examination. This examination is conducted for graduate candidates not for the Intermediate candidates.

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. 2013 CDS Examination has been completed and those who are missed this chance don't worry next announcement will be released soon. The applicants can expect in the month of October or November in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

Military Academy/Officer Training Academy :: Those who are completed graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for this examination. Any stream candidate can apply for this examination. Those who are appearing in the final exam may also eligible to apply for this examination.

Air Force/Naval Academy Examination :: Those who are completed graduate degree with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects from a recognized University or equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for this examination. Any stream candidate can apply for this examination. Those who are appearing in the final exam may also eligible to apply for this examination.

If you need more details, Visit the official website of UPSC :: www.upsc.gov.in
10th September 2013, 09:08 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for CDS entrance exam after passing 12th with commerce stream

No, you are not eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam after 12th standard as the minimum educational qualification for CDS is Graduation Degree.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry into Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical Fitness, can apply for CDS.

As a candidate from Commerce stream after Graduation Degree you are only eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th September 2013, 09:11 AM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## As you have completed graduation, you are definitely eligible to apply for CDS exam
## CDS examination is conducted by UPSC to recruit the candidates in various vacancies of Indian Navy Academy,Indian Military Academy,Indian AirForce Academy and Officers Training Academy
## Minimum educational qualification required to apply for IMA is Graduation & for INA is Engineering degree & for IAF is Degree(with physics,maths at 10+2 level)/Degree in engineering
## Age limit to apply for IMA is 19-24 years & for INA is 19-22 years & for IAF is 19-23 years and for OTA is 19-25 years
## Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for IMA,INA and IAF & for OTA both married,unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply
## For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
10th September 2013, 10:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service . UPSC Conduct CDS Examination for twice in a year .

If you have completed graduation degree then you are applicable for CDS exam.Because the minimum Qualification is required for CDS exam is Graduate .

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.Your age should be between 19 and 24 years.

Air Force Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or you can do B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology.Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Naval Academy:- You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics.Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

Quote:
You have completed 12th with commerce and graduation degree so you are applicable for CDS exam
Pattern for CDS exam :-

Best Books for CDS Exam:-
  1. Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination 1st Edition (Paperback) by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi
  2. CDS Chapterwise - Sectionwise Solved Papers 1st Edition (Paperback) by Arihant Experts
  3. CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam (Paperback) by Datason Rp
  4. CDS Combined Defence Services Exam Includes 2012 Solved Papers Study Guide by GKP
  5. CDS Combined Defence Services Examination Practice Papers (Paperback) by Sachchida Nand Jha
  6. CDS EXAM Previous years papers (Paperback) by Student Aid Publications
List of the coaching center for CDS exam :-

BAALNOI ACADEMY
ISA Wings Academy
Cavalier India
Kakini Defense Academy
Tara Institute
Baalnoi Academy
Disha Academy, Delhi
S.B.P Coaching Institute for NDA
Vijay EDU Academy
Aakash Institute Academy
Aggarwal Academia

For more details about CDS exam and Application process , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th September 2013, 10:47 AM
KULWINDER.KK

I m sorry to say you are not eligible to give CDS exam because
1) first you should be graduate
2) go for UPSC exam
3) age should be below to 25

thankyou
10th September 2013, 12:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have Graduation in any stream then you can apply for CDS examination but you will be only eligible for Indian Army.

Only 10+2 pass candidates are not eligible for CDS exam. So if you have Graduation then start preparing for CDS examination. You are a commerce student hence you are only eligible for Indian Army

The competition for Indian Army is high because any Graduate can apply for it. So be well prepared for it.

Age Limit:

Indian Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 years

Indian Naval Academy : 19 to 22 years

Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years

Officers' Training Academy : 19 to 25 years

Selection Procedure:

-Objective Type Paper

-SSB

-Medical Examination

Exam Pattern:

Physical Requirements:

10th September 2013, 12:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, being a graduate, you are eligible for CDS exam. Graduates in any streams can join to army. Engineering graduates are preferred for navy. Those who have studied Physics and Mathematics as subjects in degree can join to air force. Upper age limit to join army is 24 years. Maximum age limit to join air force and navy are 23 and 22 years respectively.
10th September 2013, 01:43 PM
EFDRTG

Combined Defence Service.

CDS exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

Eligibility for IMA:-

The candidate should be complete bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The age limits are 19 years to 24 years.
No age relaxation.

Eligibility for NA:-

The candidate should be complete Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognised university.
Percentage is not required.
The age limits are 19 years to 22 years.
No relaxation in age.

Eligibility for IAF:-

Candidate should have to complete bachelor's degree in Engineering from any recognised university.
Applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 23 years.
No upper age relaxation.

Eligibility for OTA

The applicant should be complete degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 25 years.
There is no upper age relaxation.

Selection process:

Written exam,
Personal interview,
Medical test.

Syllabus:

English,
General knowledge,
mathematics.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in
10th September 2013, 03:45 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
dear aspirant

yes you are eligible for cds after completing graduation from commerce stream,

cds stands for combined defence services its exam is conducted by upsc for entry in army in following wings :

INDIAN AIR FORCE
must have completed graduation and studies physics & maths in graduation
age limit for air force is 19-23 years

INDIAN NAVY
must have studied physics & maths in graduation
age limit for navy is 19-22 years

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY :
graduation from any stream
age limit is 19-24 years

OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY :
grauation in any stream required
age limit is 19-25 years

so as you are a commerce student you are eligible for indian military academy as wel as officer's training academy,

good luck
10th September 2013, 04:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend

No,you are not eligible for CDS entrance after completing 12th in commerce stream,to be eligible to appear for the CDS entrance exam you must have to complete the graduation degree from a recognised university.

The Common Defence Services(CDS) exam will be conducted by UPSC every year as a entrance exam for the Indian Military Academy,Indian Naval Academy,Indian Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

**Age Limit :-
Indian Military Academy - 19-22 years
Indian Naval Academy - 19-22 years
Indian Air Force Academy - 19-23 years
Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 years

There is no age relaxation for any reserved category candidates to appear for the CDS exam.

**Educational Qualification :-
To be eligible for CDS entrance exam you must have to complete the graduation degree from a recognised university.

**Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

**Personality :-
You must be physically and mentally fit.

**Selection process :-
-->Written exam
-->Personal Interview
-->Medical test

For further details about the CDS entrance exam,you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in

All The Best
10th September 2013, 04:56 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

It is nice that you want to join CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC to join Defense Services after Graduation degree.

You have to start preparation from 12th to crack CDS exam, You have to control Your English and GK as well as math subjects.

There is no Percentage Requirement to apply CDS exam, You must be graduates from a recognized university.

Science stream for Navy and Air force. Any stream for Army.

It is not necessary to join NCC for CDS exam.

You can join any best coaching center to crack CDS exam.

Procedure for CDS exam;-

>>You have to clear a written exam of Math, GK and English papers.

>>After clearing, you will be called for SSB Interview

>>There will be a last stages of Physical and Medical test.

NCC certificate help to crack Physical and Medical test.

All the best............................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?