24th December 2016, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D from government universities if completed MA History from VMU? List of Ph.D entrance exams?

Hello sir, I have completed MA History in distance mode from VMU. Please tell me am I eligible to do Ph.D from government universities? List of entrance exam to do Ph.D?

Related Questions:
  1. List of entrance exams available to study PhD in History in India?
  2. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD(Computer Science) in Abroad with scholarship? List of universities for admission?
  3. List of reputed universities in India offering PhD in History?
  4. List of universities offering PhD in Physiotherapy in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  5. List of entrance exams available in India to do PhD in Finance from Indian and foreign universities -- [New]
  6. List of exams to give for doing Ph.D in Computer Science in best universities?
  7. How to join PhD course after M.Com? List of entrance exams, best universities and best topics for it?
  8. List of universities offering PhD in Physiotherapy through entrance exams?
  9. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it necessary to appear in any entrance exam for study correspondence PhD in History being a M.Phil postgraduate?
  11. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  12. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  13. List of entrance exams available to study PhD in Microbiology in top universities of India?
  14. List of colleges or universities providing PhD in Social Work? Process of applying for PhD in various universities?
  15. Can I apply for PhD entrance exams being an M.A. 2nd year student? Entrance exams to study PhD(History) in India?
  16. Is it possible to do M.Sc and Ph.D together?
  17. List of Government universities offering PhD in Hotel/Hospitality Management in India?
  18. List of universities which offer PhD in Politics in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
25th December 2016, 12:15 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D from government universities if completed MA History from VMU? List of Ph.D entrance exams?

Hi............,

>>You seems to be eligible for P.hd exam if your MA total marks are more than 55%.
>> Visit the university website of the state where you need to apply.
>> There are various entrance exam for the admission like CSIR-UGC exam, NCBS exam, JRF exam, TIFR exam.
>> Prepare for the entrance exam before sitting because you need to secure a good rank in all.
>> Every university even have a separate entrance exam for the vacant seats of P.hd candidates but those are in a limited number.

Thanks
25th December 2016, 05:46 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D from government universities if completed MA History from VMU? List of Ph.D entrance exams?

VMU which is stands for Vinayak Mission University is an approved university by UGC and DEC and if you have completed your post graduation with 55% or above marks then surely you can apply for PhD course from government universities. You have to give an entrance test conducted by the university or if you have qualified UGC NET exam then you can get get admission without giving any entrance test. Thanks
25th December 2016, 09:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed MA History in distance mode from VMU. Please tell me am I eligible to do Ph.D from government universities? List of entrance exam to do Ph.D?
You have completed M.A in History from VMU so you are eligible for Ph.D course in government University.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university, then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.

You can apply for Ph.D course through UGC NET entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?