3rd April 2016, 04:53 PM
vicky bhullar

Am I eligible to do software engineering course after completion of 12th standard arts course?

Am I eligible to do software engineering course after completion of 12th standard arts course? What should be the step which we need to follow for the same? Can you please provide me the complete details on the same as soon as possible? Thanks!

4th April 2016, 12:05 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do software engineering course after completion of 12th standard arts course?

No, You are not eligible for Software Engineering course like B.tech in Computer science or Information technology, BCA & MCA, B.Sc in Computer Science etc.

Because to get admission in B.Tech you should have Science streams in 12th with 60% and to get admission in BCA course you should have Math subject as optional subject in 12th and if you have Math subject in your ARTS stream then there is one chance to apply for BCA course and hence can continue your higher studies in software filed like MCA.

If you are completing your Graduate course as BCA followed by MCA as Master degree course then you can easily get jobs in software domain. At the moment you just need to take career decision as per admission's rules & regulations.
5th April 2016, 12:42 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do software engineering course after completion of 12th standard arts course?

No. You are not eligible for software engineering as you are from arts stream student. For Engineering admission , One must be science student with maths subject.

Engineering Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with physics , chemistry and maths as a compulsory subjects.
- You must have appeared entrance exam JEE Main.

Employment Areas For Software Engineering
- Software Companies
- Networking
- Database Management
- Embedded System
- Telecommunication
- Web Designing

Top Recruiters
- Infosys
- TCS
- Wipro
- Cognizant
- Mahindra Satyam
- HCL
- Tech Mahindra
- IBM
5th April 2016, 03:39 PM
pariyo ki rani
Member+

We can do engineering courses after passing 12th in non-medical stream.
No any other stream like Arts will help you to doing Software engineering course.
7th April 2016, 11:13 AM
sarika1993

With Arts stream , You are not eligible to apply for software engineering. For software engineering , You should have passed 12th science with maths as compulsory subject. You also required to appear entrance exam JEE Main.

- Instead of software engineering , You can apply for BCA to enter in software field. You can also pursue your higher study MCA after completion of BCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?