2nd August 2015, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Can I do diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th commerce?

Can I do diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th commerce? or I can opt for something else? Can someone please let me know which one be best to do after completion of 12th grade? Awaiting to get the answer soon. Thanks a lot!

2nd August 2015, 07:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th commerce?

Yes, you can get admission in diploma in software engineering or computer science engineering. In fact you need only 10th qualification for it. All you have to do is appear in polytechnic entrance exam based on your 10th qualification.

You have other options in B.Com or any other course based on 12th commerce. If you have interest in computer science then diploma will be the best option.
3rd August 2015, 01:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th commerce? or I can opt for something else? Can someone please let me know which one be best to do after completion of 12th grade? Awaiting to get the answer soon. Thanks a lot!
Yes, you are are eligible for diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th standard with commerce.

Those candidates who have passed matriculation/10th with Mathematics, Physical Science & English from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible for diploma entrance exam.

Your age should be below 21 years.
3rd August 2015, 01:36 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't do diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th commerce.
You can opt for B.Com, BBA, BCA, BA course.

B.Com will be the beat course for you to opt after 12th commerce.
3rd August 2015, 12:30 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes you have one option to join B.Tech course. You have to complete diploma in engineering first after that you are allowed to join B.Tech program in 2nd year directly.
The entry through which you will get admission is LEET Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

Once you give this exam then a rank is allotted to you according to marks scored in entrance. After that you need to compete in counselling to get a seat in engineering college.
3rd August 2015, 04:16 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue Diploma in Software Engineering after having completed your +2 with Commerce background, as you need to have completed your +2 level with Science, in order to be eligible for Diploma in Software Engineering.
13th August 2015, 12:06 AM
DSP@1

Yes, you are eligible to do software engineering course in diploma after completing your 12th standard in Commerce.

Actually if you are from the MPC(Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry) stream you might have joined directly in second year but as you are from commerce background it is not possible.

You have to join in the 1st year of diploma software field and have to complete the 3 year course which will be waste of time.

Other then that i will recommend you to go for B.Com or any other degree course which suits your 12th standard course so that you will be able to get highly qualified job Then by doing diploma in software engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?