27th February 2016, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Indian Airforce Officer directly after 10th?

I want to become an IAF officer. I am now in class 10th. Can you please help me to become an officer in Indian Airforce directly after passing 10th class? It will be very nice if you can guide me.

27th February 2016, 08:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Indian Airforce Officer directly after 10th?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to join in Indian Airforce immediately after completion of your 10th standard. To join in Indian Airforce, the minimum educational qualification required is completion of 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. You must have to appear in NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard to join in Indian Airforce. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, I suggest you to pursue your higher studies in 11th and 12th standard, so, that you are eligible to join in Indian Airforce.
27th February 2016, 10:18 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become an IAF officer. I am now in class 10th. Can you please help me to become an officer in Indian Airforce directly after passing 10th class? It will be very nice if you can guide me.
No, you cannot join in Indian Air Force after completing 10th as you are not satisfying the needed educational qualification. The minimum educational qualification needed for applying for IAF is completed +2 from a recognized school board with physics and mathematics as subjects.

The procedure to join in Indian Air Force is by writing the entrance exam for it and you need to satisfy all the eligibility standards which are needed which includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Martial Status
  • Educational Qualification
  • Physical Standard

These are the standards which are needed for NDA exam a defence service exam conducted by UPSC every year for candidates to join in defence forces of India.

To know more regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2016, 11:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for recruitment in Indian Air Force after 10th qualification.

To join Indian Air Force minimum required qualification is 10+2 with PCM as main paper. Candidate have to appear and qualify in NDA examination for final recruitment.

The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th February 2016, 12:09 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Air Force, Navy, Army and Naval Academy. The eligibility to appear for recruitment in Air Force is candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 with PCM as main paper. Only male candidates with age between 16.5-19.5 years are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you need to pursue 10+2 from recognised board to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
21st February 2017, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

I*have passed my 12th exam with 60% marks what*to do for applying for*air force job...?
29th April 2019, 06:20 PM
preethipg

Hi,
With 10th qualification we cant enter in to Air Force jobs.
Once after 12th completion, that too you would have studied Maths and Physics with good score, you can enter in to those jobs.
AFCAT is the entrance exam and once you qualified you will be getting a good post in Airforce.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?