4th September 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE after passing B.Tech with IT?

Can i sit in gate with a btech degree from it branch ...please tell me if I am eligible

4th September 2011, 04:43 PM
manoj rajpurohit

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE after passing B.Tech with IT?

Yes you are eligible for the gate exam. because gate exam want the graduation in the technical field. and you have completed your b.tech from IT.

If you want to take a good m.tech college in cur country then you should work hard and begin preparation for the gate entrance exam.

Master degree will give you the best opportunity in the IT companies. If you clear this degree then you will become the master of your subject.

Now you can go to any company and if you have good percentage in the m.tech then you will get definitely good job.

The score card of the gate exam is valid for two years. this is also very imported.

so i think you got my answer.

best of luck.
4th September 2011, 05:01 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for GATE after passing B.Tech with IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i sit in gate with a btech degree from it branch ...please tell me if I am eligible

ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE 2012

Yes, offcourse you are eligible with B.Tech in IT... there is no restriction for branches in GATE exam.. if you are B.Tech graduate then for sure you can attend GATE exam...

-> I have attached the detailed eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 in this post for your reference.. kindly check it over...

-> To know more about GATE 2012 and the procedure to apply for the exam CLICK HERE!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE 2012 eligibility.pdf(15.7 KB, 70 views)
4th September 2011, 05:08 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Information Regarding Eligibility Criteria for GATE examination.

GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course in IIT college. Many other college also takes admission in the M.Tech course through the GATE score card. To appear in the GATE exam you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = A Bachelor degree in engineering/Technology/ Architecture. The final year candidates of this stream are also eligible to apply.

OR

Master degree in any branch of Science/mathematics/statics /computer application or equivalent. the final year candidates of this stream are eligible for GATE examination.

So, if you completed the B.Tech course with IT branch then you are eligible to apply for the GATE examination. Do preparation well for the examination and get a good score in the GATE examination.

NOTE :- There are no age and no. of attempt limit for the GATE examination. So you can appear in the GATE exam at any age and many times according to own interest.

For any more information regarding GATE examination please visit the official website of the GATE. :- http://www.iitr.ernet.in/gate/

Regards
~Mukul~
4th September 2011, 05:12 PM
ssswatisinghal

yesss....you are eligible...
i am also doing b.tech from IT branch and last year in my pre-final year i gave the exam of GATE...what branch you are having that doesn't matter for GATE eligibility.
4th September 2011, 05:16 PM
sanju38121

Yes, surely you are eligible for the GATE (GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST). for more details please go to the official website of GATE
http://www.iitr.ernet.in/GATE/

gud luck.
4th September 2011, 05:16 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

yes , you are definitely elligible for the GATE exam..
AS you are a graduate..
The minimum eligibility for it is you either a graduate or in final year ,
your rank validity period is only year year..
there is no limitation in appearing the exam....
AS you are eligible.. then be prepare for it...

Good Luck~~~~
4th September 2011, 05:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Yes , B-TECH(IT) student are eligible for GATE exam.

The eligibility criteria for GATE:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

all the best.
4th September 2011, 05:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Yes , B-TECH(IT) is eligible for GATE exam. GATE score is valid for Two years.
The is no restriction for age limit.

The eligibility criteria for GATE exam:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

all the best.
4th September 2011, 07:03 PM
yash448

yes............you can
4th September 2011, 07:05 PM
brij_kishor

yah surely u can sit in GATE exam.....there is no restriction for any branch in this exam......
4th September 2011, 07:11 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
GATE is meant only for engineers like you only..the minimum criterias for sitting in the GATE exam is that :-
1)you should have completed you B.Tech from a recognized college in India
2)you should not be in the pre-final year i.e. 3rd year of your B.tech while giving the exam..4th year onwards,you can give the exam..
there is no age limit or any restriction on the number of attempts
31st October 2011, 05:56 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes , Gate marks really helps in getting jobs. If you have good gate score then you have good chance for getting jobs .

Eligibility criteria GATE Exam
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from any recognized university .
Final year can also appear in exam .
No age limit .
Good Companies for you...
WIPRO
PERSISTENT
INFOSYS
TCS
HCL
31st October 2011, 05:57 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Gate marks really helps in getting jobs. If you have good gate score then you have good chance for getting jobs .

Eligibility criteria GATE Exam
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from any recognized university .
Final year can also appear in exam .
No age limit .
31st October 2011, 06:20 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

well you should ask this question once more clearly stating your branch for which you appeared in GATE. Secondly, your all india rank and your percentile for the same. then only it can be said whether you would be able to get admission in NIT or not. It all depends on the cut off for that branch. please rephrase your question then only we can help.
20th January 2012, 11:18 AM
s_sivaranjani

Smile Re: Am I eligible for GATE after passing B.Tech with IT?

Quote:
yes , you are 100% eligible..

any graduation B tech or BE from recognized university are eligible

GATE: graduate aptitude test in engineering ,is a all India examination conducted by seven iit and iisc ,bang lore on the behalf of national coordinating board-Gate, department of education, ministry of human Resources development ,govt of India.

even master degree in science\maths\statistics\computer application or equivalent are also eligible...

4yr 5yr integrated course are also eligible...

Questions will be based on your subject knowledge only...

so u can score good marks...and would pursue good future

all the vvv best
5th May 2013, 03:24 PM
banacareer

Dear friend,

Yes you can Give GATE exam from the Compuster science Field. As the maximum subjects for GATE CS is SAME as GATE IT so you can participate in the exam.

You just need to qualify the GATE paper with the good percentile.

IF you will do M.Tech after qualification you can also get 12000 stiopend per month for next two years.
5th May 2013, 11:36 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

Next GATE exams would be held in January 2014

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:
>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th
6th May 2013, 09:34 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for GATE after passing B.Tech. with I.T.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs and other reputed Institutions after B.Tech.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for GATE. There is no upper age limit for application to GATE.
6th May 2013, 08:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely eligible for GATE if you are B.Tech in IT. So don't worry and start preparing for it.

Any Engineering Graduate from a recognized University can apply for GATE. Also those who are Master Degree holder in Computer Science OR MCA can apply for GATE.

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and those who qualify will be eligible for admission into M.Tech with Scholarship by AICTE.

GATE score can also fetch you a job in leading PSUs and also Junior Research Fellowships.

So there are many benefits of qualifying GATE means you should be very well prepared for it.

For more information download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE-2013-Brochure.pdf(2.47 MB, 76 views)
4th June 2013, 12:43 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
GATE Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

~GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is jointly conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institute of Technology.

~The GATE score is used for admissions to various post-graduate programmes like M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.

~Public sector banks like ONGC, NTPC, ISRO, BHEL, BARC etc recruits Engineer Trainee / Management trainee through GATE Score card.

~If you want to work as a Lecturer/ Asst. Lecturer in any engineering college then also GATE card is needed.

~The validity of the GATE score card is two years from the date of announcement of the result.

~To sit for the GATE exam you need to be a Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture. The duration of the course should be minimum four years. Even final year students can also give this exam.

(OR)

~You need to be a Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer. If you are in the final year of such programme then also you are eligible.

(OR)

~If you are in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme in Engineering/ Technology then you are eligible.

(OR)

~If you are in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology then also you can give this exam.

~The examination is a single paper of three hours. It generally consists objective type questions of 75 marks and descriptive questions of 75 questions.

~If you get less than 70 percentile then you wont get any score card.

GATE Books For IT:-

## GATE Computer Science and Information Technology: Chapterwise Previous Years' Solved Papers (2013 - 2000)
Author: Nitesh Jain
Publisher: Arihant

## GATE Computer Science and Information Technology (2014) Solved Papers 2000 - 2013
Author: G K P
Publisher: G. K. Publications

## GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering: Computer Science and Information Technology
Author: D. P. Nagpal
Publisher: S Chand & Company

## GATE - 13 Computer Science & Information Technology: Previous Questions with Solutions
Author: ACE Engineering Academy
Publisher: ACE Engineering Publications

## GATE Computer Science and Information Technology (2014)
(Paperback)
Publisher: G. K. Publications

Hope this helps :-> :->
15th September 2013, 05:02 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Dear friend,
You are eligible to write GATE after completion of your BTech in IT.BTech students of any branch are eligible to write GATE from their final year onwards.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?