17th April 2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE exam after doing MCA from IGNOU

I did MCA from IGNOU and then I did M.Tech (CS). Could I am eligible for GATE exam?

9th June 2014, 12:45 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam after doing MCA from IGNOU

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is a national level Entrance Exam being conducted once in a year.

By cracking this exam, the candidates will be eligible to join M.Tech course in various colleges across India.

Here is the required qualification to apply for GATE Exam.

One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to apply for this Exam.

There is no upper age limit at all for the candidates to give this Exam.

In addition, there is no limit on the number of attempts for this Exam.

As per your profile,

You have already completed your MCA course from IGNOU and M.Tech course as well.

In that case, what is the necessity of applying for GATE Exam again.

It will take 2 more additional years for you to do M.Tech course again.

My suggestion would be to apply for the job opportunities in various IT companies as you are having already 2 Post Graduation degrees.

Try to be strong enough in subject knowledge and communication skills which will fetch you job very easily.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?