13th July 2012, 11:34 AM
kishoratwal12

Am I eligible for GATE Exam after completion of B.Tech course from IGNOU?

Am I eligible for the GATE Exam after completing BTech from IGNOU?

13th July 2012, 05:43 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam after completion of B.Tech course from IGNOU?

Hi
The minimum eligibility for GATE is as follows
Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.

As you have done BTech from IGNOU you are eligible for GATE
13th July 2012, 05:50 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam after completion of B.Tech course from IGNOU?

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), which is entrance exam for post graduate course in Engineering is open to all B.Tech graduates. Therefore it does not matter from which college you completed the B.Tech course, you are eligible for the GATE exam. Even graduates from IGNOU are welcome to appear in the GATE entrance exam.

I don't understand but for some reason many B.Tech degree holders from IGNOU ask such questions. May be the reason is that IGNOU offer distance learning program and such students feel because they have completed the course through distance learning, they are not eligible. This is absolutely incorrect and you are eligible to appear in GATE exam only if you meet the requirements mentioned below:

QUALIFICATION ELIGIBILITY

Candidates who possess Bachelors degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture after 10+2 are eligible to appear in GATE.

Candidates who have completed B.Tech degree post diploma or B.Sc through lateral entry scheme are also eligible to appear in GATE.

Students who are in the final year of B.Tech degree may also appear.

Post Graduate degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer.

APPLYING FOR GATE

You can only apply for GATE exam via online. It is recommended to all candidates to first download the brochure and read it carefully before applying.

APPLICATION FEE

Application Fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs 1000

For SC/ST/PH the fee for GATE entrance exam is Rs 500

There are two ways to make the payment for admission form.

1. You can make the payment via netbanking.

2. Second option is Challan Payment. Go to the nearest branch of ICICI and State Bank of India (SBI) and made the payment via cash.

In the admission form available online, take the 3 printouts of the challan form and submit them in bank while making payment in cash. Bank will keep one copy and return you two copies. One of the would be for you to keep while other is to attach with the GATE exam admission form.
13th July 2012, 06:48 PM
babblu6
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoratwal12 View Post
yes applicable gate
14th July 2012, 12:17 AM
priyankasree

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam after completion of B.Tech course from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoratwal12 View Post
HI FRIEND,

YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR GATE EXAMINATION

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes..

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology
Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by

UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2013-14.

DIPLOMA HOLDERS IN ENGINEERING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.

For any query related to gate 2013-14

examination contact administrator or student

counsellor at your nearest centre. Email :
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][email protected][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]ALL THE EBST.....
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
20th January 2013, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

If i eligible for GATE after complete the B.Tech from IME ? and if I m select for M.Tech In IIT Colleges , then any Criteria ?

Rubel Ghosh
Ph- 9477428981
20th January 2013, 07:59 PM
deepeshjain123

Generally, to take admission in M.Tech you need to pass bachelor's degree in (B.E/B.Tech) or any other equivalent branches of engineering. You need to pass an entrance exam (GATE) as well.

For specific eligibility and admission procedure, you may contact the university officials directly.

Please feel free to discuss more. Click on the thumbs up or mark it as the best, if you found this useful.
Wish You Luck!
3rd May 2013, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

i did my diploma after tat i did my B.E can i aplly for gate..............
3rd May 2013, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

i did my diploma after tat i did my B.E can i aplly for gate..............
28th September 2017, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

What I can write gate exam . Because I am a final year student of mechanical Automobile engineering by lateral entry.
25th September 2018, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE after complete distance B.tech from aicte approved institute?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?