27th September 2011, 07:20 PM
abhis garg

Am I eligible for GATE if I completing my B.E Mechanical in 5 years?

i completed my B E in mechanical in 5 years instead of 4 years am i eligible to seat in gate

Related Questions:
  1. If I complete my degree in 5 years then am I eligible for GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it possible to do 4 years course to appear for GATE? I am pursuing mechanical engineering in Malaysia
  3. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  4. How to get GATE form via online? Am I eligible for GATE while doing BE Mechanical?
  5. What are the job opportunities after completing 4 years B.E Mechanical?
  6. Can I do M.Arch course after doing 2nd year civil engineering
  7. Am I eligible for group II after completing 12th in mechanical and 5 years experience in private company?
  8. Am I eligible to study M.Tech without GATE after completing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering)?
  9. Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?
  10. Admission in a good college for M.Tech after GATE score of +9? Cut-off for Mechanical branch? Good colleges where i will be eligible?
  11. Last 10 years GATE question papers for mechanical engineering
  12. Last 10 years solved mechanical GATE question papers?
  13. Am I eligible for admission in NIT colleges after scoring 33 in GATE Mechanical Stream?
  14. Am I eligible to study MCA if completed 3 years Mechanical Engineering Diploma course on 12th basis?
  15. GATE mechanical engineering last 10 years question papers?
  16. Lat 10 years solved question papers of GATE mechanical engineering?
  17. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  18. Am I eligible for scholarship for both years after qualifying GATE?
28th September 2011, 11:43 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE if I completing my B.E Mechanical in 5 years?

Dear Friend

If you have completed B.E. (4 years or 5 years or 6 years), you are eligible for the
exam.

There is no such restriction for appearing this exam.
Also, there is no percentage restriction to appear for the exam.

Visit: www.gate.iitm.ac.in

The application for the GATE-2012 has already been started.
Apply as soon as possible.
29th September 2011, 12:16 AM
jevirsinh

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE if I completing my B.E Mechanical in 5 years?

Hello friend.

GATE stands for Graduation Aptitude Test for Engineering.

there is not important that you complete engineering in 4yr,5yr or 6yr

-it is conducted every year for taking admission in M.TECH.

- you can apply in final year.

- GATE score only valid for 1 year.

- There is no limit in how many years to complete engineering.

- there is no cut off in percentage to apply for the gate exam

- there is no age limit for applying for gate exam .

- though gate exam you get admission in IIT AND NIT COLLEGES AND SEVERAL OTHER COLLEGES .

- to take admission in IIT OR NIT COLLEGES you need to score above 99 percentile .

- to clear gate exam you should have good knowledge of your subjects .

- join a gate forum for good preparation .

From 2012 pre-final year student can not apply for the GATE EXAM ,only final year student can apply for it.

All the best..
29th September 2011, 12:44 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you are eligiable for GATE if you completing my B.E Mechanical in 5 years.

it does not how much time you are taking to complete your B.E degree.

the thing is that you have to complete B.E, then after you will be eligiable for the GATE exam.

>>there have no age limit for GATE exam.

>>Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes also eligiable for the GATE exam.

all the best.........
29th September 2011, 02:39 AM
saugata2008

All the students who have passed or appeared in the final year or pre-final year of BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Pharm can apply for the GATE exam .There is no age limit ,no limitation on the number of attempts for GATE exam .
So you can apply for GATE exam2012.

Thank you
29th September 2011, 03:23 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
GATE exam doesn't depend on the following factors:-
1. Your percentage in Graduation.
2. Number of Attempts.
3. Upper age limit.
--So, it doesn't matter if you are completing your Graduation in 5 years or something like that.
So prepare yourself for the exams.
ALL THE VERY BEST!!!!!
30th September 2011, 02:07 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, Once you complete your BE course , you are eligible to appear in GATE exam.

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.One have to complete the bachelor degree in the fields like Engineering/technology/Architecture.
Or,
2.One have to complete the master degree in the fields like M.Sc/MBA/MCA course.
3.One can appear in GATE exam during the pre-final year or final year of graduation or post graduation.
4.No age limit.
5.No number of attempts restriction.
6.The validity of GATE score remains 2 years.

As you have complete your BE course then you are eligible to appear in GATE exam.
All the best.
30th September 2011, 07:26 PM
praveendia

Yes ur eligible for gate 2012.as per notification listed by iit delhi the organiser of gate 2012 educational qualificatio requires-*. Bachelor¡¯s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*. Master¡¯s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-yearIntegrated Master¡¯s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

*. Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master¡¯s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

*. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

*. Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2012. as u had cleared the engg and there is no question about duration of degree.go ahead and prepare well so that u get good score.best of luck
30th September 2011, 10:45 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

GATE stands for Graduation Aptitude Test for Engineering.

there is not important that you complete engineering in 4yr,5yr or 6yr

-it is conducted every year for taking admission in M.TECH.

- you can apply in final year.

- GATE score only valid for 1 year.

- There is no limit in how many years to complete engineering.

- there is no cut off in percentage to apply for the gate exam

- there is no age limit for applying for gate exam .

- though gate exam you get admission in IIT AND NIT COLLEGES AND SEVERAL OTHER COLLEGES .

- to take admission in IIT OR NIT COLLEGES you need to score above 99 percentile .

- to clear gate exam you should have good knowledge of your subjects .

- join a gate forum for good preparation .

From 2012 pre-final year student can not apply for the GATE EXAM ,only final year student can apply for it.
31st October 2011, 02:23 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

If you are able to clear the GATE exam then certainly that is the option you must select. This is only if you able to secure admission in the top institutes like IIT, NIT. If you are able to secure admission which donot figure in the top 10 then you can take up the job offer. You must then try to gain experience of 1 or 2 years. In the mean time do prepare again for this exam. If required join any training institute for this purpose. You must aim to join a reputed institute if you wish to reach heights in your career.
7th November 2011, 11:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhis garg View Post
i completed my B E in mechanical in 5 years instead of 4 years am i eligible to seat in gate
Dear friend,

Yes, You are eligible for GATE exam.

The eligibility criteria for GATE Exam:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

Thanks
4th January 2012, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for thr DMRC exam after completing my B.Tech degree in 5 years? ???????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?