30th December 2010, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

How to get GATE form via online? Am I eligible for GATE while doing BE Mechanical?

How i can get my GATE exam forms through online , and i am currently doing B.E (MECHANICAL), i am eligible to write this exam or not.please i need a answer send me a reply.i am waiting for your reply.

31st December 2010, 12:32 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to get GATE form via online? Am I eligible for GATE while doing BE Mechanical?

If you are in final or pre-final year of engineering course then you can apply for GATE.Presently GATE 2011 registration is over,next year you can apply through http://www.gate.iitm.ac.in
6th February 2011, 06:09 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to get GATE form via online? Am I eligible for GATE while doing BE Mechanical?

Hi,

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted for admission to Post Graduate Program of the IITs and IISC.
Students having a bachelor's degree in engineering are eligible for GATE exam.
Also, students of final and pre-final year are also eligible to write the GATE exam.

I hope it is clear to you now.
For more details on eligibility, please visit the following link:

http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/eligibility.php

Good Luck!
16th February 2011, 03:14 PM
Ankur agrawal

u are egilible but this year test is over u try to next year..........
17th February 2011, 04:18 PM
chinudey20

If you are in prefinal or final of engg. then you can apply for gate online at website www.onlinegateiitm.ac.in
25th February 2011, 11:28 PM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

eligible for GATE while doing BE Mechanical
Students having a bachelor's degree in engineering are eligible for GATE exam.
Also, students of final and pre-final year are also eligible to write the GATE exam.
For more details on eligibility, please visit the following link:
http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/eligibility.php

you should bye GK-publication book for GATE syllabus, and prev.yr quest.
Syllabus, study material and the previous GATE question papers
gate score from this year is taken out of 100.
from any department,minimum score is 25/100.
forms comes in feb,exams in april
one stop at gate is a good forum to learn all these about the sample papers

good luck
13th August 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

how to pay fees for gate exam
31st October 2011, 07:07 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

GATE is an all india level exam, so will have less idea about how the paper will be and how to tackle it.
so i suggest you to write the GATE exam in third year only so that you will get an idea about it.Next when you go to write in the fourth year then you can prepare well and write.
GATE exam needs atleast 6 months to get into top colleges of the country.To get into iisc,iit,nit you need to get 99,96,85 percentile.
31st October 2011, 07:20 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

GATE is an all india level exam, so will have less idea about how the paper will be and how to tackle it.
so i suggest you to write the GATE exam in third year only so that you will get an idea about it.Next when you go to write in the fourth year then you can prepare well and write.
GATE exam needs atleast 6 months to get into top colleges of the country.To get into iisc,iit,nit you need to get 99,96,85 percentile.
31st October 2011, 07:37 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?