12th July 2015, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?

I have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering. My age is 22....and in the first year of my diploma I had two backs and I was detained due to shortage of attendance, due to which my diploma continued for four years. Am I still eligible in this regard? Also my 1st year aggregate was lower than 60%...but I could manage 75% in last two years of my diploma. Please help me can I go for iit jee exam ? If yes will my question paper be different from 12th qualified candidates and if I get into iit will they promote me 2nd year diectly ?
And also I flunked my 12th exams before entering diploma in mechanical. Will it cause a hinderance ?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing my diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing diploma in civil engineering
  3. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  4. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  5. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  6. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  7. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  8. How to do BE in IIT having completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Syllabus for IIT JEE Exam for Lateral Entry?
  9. Can I give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  11. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  13. Can I appear for IIT JEE examination in future after doing diploma of 3 years after completing 10th class?
  14. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  15. After studying PCB am I eligible for IIT JEE?
  16. Are diploma students eligible for IIT JEE? Which are the subjects and is the exam based on HSC or Technical studies?
  17. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. JEE or other B.Tech entrance exams on the basis of Diploma engineering?
13th July 2015, 08:15 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?

No, you are not eligible for JEE exam after completing your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course in 4 years. To be eligible to appear in JEE examination, the candidate must have passed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE examination and you cannot get admission in IIT.
13th July 2015, 06:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?

Only 10+2 passed candidates are eligible for IIT JEE and for diploma candidates there us different entrance exam which is known as lateral entry exam. Unfortunately, in IITs there is no lateral entry procedure and you can't apply for admission in them if you have diploma qualification.

Hence, you can get admission in other engineering colleges other than IITs through lateral entry exam which is conducted on state level.
13th July 2015, 08:26 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma holders are not eligible to appear for JEE main and advanced exams, because candidates who have completed their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are only eligible to appear for JEE main and advanced exams. But, you are diploma candidate, so, you are not eligible to appear for JEE main and advanced exams.
13th July 2015, 10:01 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to say that admission into IIT is not possible for students you have not passed Diploma.
Lateral Entry Scheme is not present in IIT. So you are not eligible for the course of B.Tech from IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?