26th April 2013, 11:08 PM
J.saikrishna

Am I eligible to get admission in IIT for MSc or M.Tech in Mathematics?

Sir, this is saikrishna, persuing B.tech 3rd year(civil). Am i eligable to get admission in IIt for M.sc (or) M.tech in mathematics ?

2nd July 2016, 09:10 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT for MSc or M.Tech in Mathematics?

The admission in M.Tech in Indian Institute of Technology is given on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examination which is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology or IISC, Bangalore every year.

1. The eligibility criteria for GATE examination is that candidate must have done either four years bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or master's degree in science, computer applications or mathematics.

You are pursuing Bachelor's degree in Technology in Civil Engineering and you want to apply for M.Tech in mathematics, you are eligible but you will have to crack GATE exam through Mathematics subjects.

It is better for you to appear for GATE exam from civil engineering as you have studied this subject for last four years. Final year candidates of B.Tech can also apply for GATE exam.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?