8th July 2012, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give CAT exam after graduating with 49.8% aggregate marks

i had done my graduation with 49.8% aggregate marks......am i eligible for giving cat exam??

9th July 2012, 09:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CAT exam after graduating with 49.8% aggregate marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i had done my graduation with 49.8% aggregate marks......am i eligible for giving cat exam??
CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is popular exam all over the world. This exam is being conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in order to give admission for MBA course in top B-Schools and IIMs.

Your graduation marks is 49.8% so you are not applicable for CAT exam because CAT exam require 50% marks in graduation from recognized university from any discipline .

For SC/ST candidate marks required is 45% so if you are from SC/ST category then you are applicable for CAT exam otherwise not.But you are applicable for MAT Exam.

The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University .Final year student in any undergraduate can also apply.

There is a minimum percentage requirement in graduation which is different for different management institutes and universities.

Want to know about the notification for MAT exam please visit to MAT website .Here you can find out the exam schedule and Online application and others details .

For more details you can visit to http://www.aima-ind.org

9th July 2012, 12:29 PM
priyankasree

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to give CAT exam after graduating with 49.8% aggregate marks

Quote:

HI FRIEND,

YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF YOU belongs to Scheduled

Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also

referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)]....
CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or

equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled

Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also

referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)]....

Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent

qualification examination and those who have completed degree

requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.

If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme

provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2012

from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or

before June 30, 2012) stating that the candidate has completed all the

requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification

on the date of the issue of the certificate.

IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the

details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants

should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria

will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.

Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email

account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

ALL THE BEST...
9th July 2012, 02:02 PM
Vikas hrc

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CAT exam after graduating with 49.8% aggregate marks

Quote:
Hi friend..

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.
It is conducted once in a year for admission in top B-Schools of India.
After qualifying CAT,you can take admission in Indian Institute of Management.

To be eligible to give CAT,you should fulfil these eligibility criteria:-
1.You should have done your graduation from a recognized university.
2.You should have secured at least 50% in your graduation.
3.There is 5% relaxation in the required graduation percentage for SC/ST/PH students.
4.There is no age limit to appear in this test.

So,since you have got 49.8% in your graduation,you are eligible to give this test only if you belong to SC/ST/PH category students.
After qualifying the written test i.e,CAT,one has to go through these two rounds also for final selection in IIMs:-
1.Group Discussion.
2.Personal Interview.

The syllabus of CAT consists of:-
1.Verbal Ability.
2.Logical Reasoning.
3.Quantitative Aptitude.
4.Reading Comprehension.
5.Data Interpretation.

If you are from General Category and not eligible to give CAT,you can appear for Management Aptitude Test (MAT).
Because there is no minimum percentage required to be eligible to give this test.
You can get admission in a good college after you score a good percentile in MAT.
I hope you are satisfied with my answer.
Best of luck.
Thanks.

With Regards-
Vikas.

Quote:
I don't know the key of success but the key of failure is trying to please everybody.
10th July 2012, 12:46 PM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Hello student,

Sorry you are not eligible for CAT Exam.
> percentage criteria of this exam is minimum 50 % in the graduation of any discipline of course through a recognized university.

> But your percent is less.

> You can Apply for another exams.

> In the SC/ST this criteria is 45%.

All the best.
22nd July 2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for cat 2012 with 47% i am obc candidate
22nd July 2012, 06:42 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

It is really unfortunate that you got just 0.2% less than 50% which is the minimum marks that needs to be secured at graduation level to sit for the CAT exam.

However there is nothing to lose heart or be disappointed about it because you can give host of other entrance exams to pursue this course.

MAT or Management Aptitude Test is one which any graduate in any discipline from a recognized university can give.

All India Management Aptitude Testing Service conducts this exam every year in the month of February, May, September and December.

There is no minimum marks required for this exam.

Even final year students are eligible to give this exam and no age criteria is there as such too.

The paper basically consists of 200 MCQ type questions and there is no negative marking as such.

There are four important sections which needs to be properly taken care of: language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis and intelligence and critical reasoning section.

Top Colleges which accepts MAT scores are as follows:

Fortune Institute of International Business Delhi
Birla Institute of Technology
Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade
Alliance Business Academy Bangalore
MS Ramaiah, Bangalore
Christ College Bangalore
Indian Institute of Finance Delhi
Asia Pacific Institute of Management, Delhi
NIILM, Delhi
7th August 2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i have got 57% in UG can i apply for cat xam. if i, what i have to do how much score need to get and what kind of subject i read .can i get top b-school
11th August 2012, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

I am currently in my 4th(7th sem) year of graduation. My percentage score at this point of time is below 50.But I am pretty sure I would cross 50% once I graduate.
Am I eligible to write CAT now (while in 4th year)??
27th October 2012, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give CAT exam after completion my POST-GRADUATION ? please give me proper eligibility criteria regarding this.
21st November 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

can I apply for cat exam if my second year markseet of gradution came after submitting date
21st November 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

am I eligible for cat exam if I score 48.8% in first year of gradution
12th February 2013, 10:34 PM
Beawar

Dear..

CAT :-

CAT is a MBA entrance exam which is conducted by Indian institute of Managements. It is a exam conducted once in a year for admission in the premiere management institute of India. CAT is a exam where success rate is so low. The exam is objective type and you will see there are 5 major sections such as English, Maths, GK, Reasoning and mental ability. For IIM's one should not expect calls if they got below 95% and this shows the toughness of the exam.

The eligibility of CAT is as follows :-

1. A candidate must be a graduate
2. Graduation must be done from a recognized university
3. 50% marks in case of General or OBC candidate
4. 45 % marks in case of SC/ST
5. There is no subject barrier and even Science and Arts graduate candidate can also apply for the course.
6. Good communication skills
7. No age limit
8. Unlimited number of attempts

So you have less marks then required if you are from OBC or reserved category and you are not at all eligible but if you are from Other reserved category like SC or ST then you are eligible for the course.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
26th May 2013, 02:04 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
If your belong from General candidate then your not eligible to apply for CAT Examination , but if your belong from sc/sst candidate then your eligible to apply for CAT Examination . Because to apply for CAT Examination you should complete graduation with Minimum 50% percentage of marks then only your eligible to apply for CAT Examination .

CAT :- Common Admission Test . It's an entry level Examination for MBA course . This Examination is conducted by Indian Institution of Management. There are so many reputed colleges in India accepts this CAT Examination . So, If your interested to apply for MBA course then you should crack this Examination .

To apply for this Examination then you should complete graduation in any discipline with Minimum 50% percentage of marks . If your belong from sc/st candidate then relaxation is given for sc/st candidate sfor 5% percentage of marks . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination.

Syllabus for CAT Examination :-

-Quantitative Aptitude
-Reading Comprehension
-Verbal Ability
-Data Interpretation
-Data Sufficiency
-Logical Reasoning

So, as per the eligibility criteria your Not eligible to apply for CAT Examination, If your belong from sc/st candidate then you have chance to entered in CAT Examination
10th July 2014, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

If we score 50% Marks in final year but not in 1 and 2 year than we can apply for cat.
10th July 2014, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

In final year I scored 50 percent marks but not in 1 and 2 year than I can apply for cat exam.
31st July 2014, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

cat exam need 50% aggregate in graduation or only need 50% in last year of graduation??
7th August 2015, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

I HAD GOT 55% IN 5TH SEM OF GRADUATION AND IN 6TH SEM I GOT 57% .BUT OVERALL THAT IS 1,2,3,4 SEM COMPARE I GOT A GRADUATION RESULT OF D GRADE..THAT IS 45-50% IS I M AELIGBILE FOR CAT... PLZ TELL ME SIR
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?