28th January 2011, 12:17 AM
Singhji

Eligibility for CAT with 50% marks in Graduation?

the minimum aggregate % for CAT is goin to increase from 50 to 55% from year 2012.is it true?I m in my final yr and my aggregate is not even 50 % so all i am going to get is 50 % after 4 yrs but i am planning to give CAT in 2012 what should i do?

28th January 2011, 11:02 AM
manyas

Default Re: Eligibility for CAT with 50% marks in Graduation?

hey..frnd

till now toh...the eligilbilty for giving CAT exam is that a CAT aspirant should have atleast 50% marks holiding a BAchelor's Degree from any recognized University of India..and its 45% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD..

thank you

REGARDS:
Manya Sethi
^_^
28th January 2011, 03:46 PM
Maxsteel

Since you have said that after 4 years i am assuming that you are doing btech. I will suggest you that instead of going for CAT go for your masters course and after its completion get a job and after its 2-3 years do the MBA.

It is to be noted that IIMs are also planning to make work experience compulsory in some years. So it will help you if percentage does not increases
28th January 2011, 05:52 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend.......
ya this was to be that this time 55% of minimum marks would be required to give the CAT exam in the year 2012
but the official notice has not been declared ........
so i would request you to keep visiting the official website of the CAT to get the latest news and take your final decision .........
29th January 2011, 07:41 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You need to work really hard to bring up your score. You must consider going in for help by joining some training centers. Also since you are in the final year why wait till 2012 you can appear for the exam when you are in your the final year. Make sure that you prepare well. Also it is advisable to use a systematic approach.
16th February 2011, 10:40 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for CAT with 50% marks in Graduation?

Hi

You can apply for the CAT examination if you have scored more than 50% marks in your graduation. The candidates who have appeared in the final year examination are eligible to apply for the CAT examination.

If a candidate having less then 50% marks in graduation then they are not eligible for the CAT examination, but if the candidate belongs to some reserved category such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)categories then the percentage required for such candidates is only 45%.

Candidates belonging to above reserved category should have a category certificate if they want any relaxation. Otherwise they are not eligible for the reservation in CAT examination.

So you can apply for the CAT examination if you have more then 50% marks in your graduation.

GOOD LUCK
15th March 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

thus cat 2011 have 50% criteria?
9th June 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

can i give entrance exam for mba in iipm institute being in tybcom??
18th July 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

hi
Is 49.92% eligible for cat
30th July 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

is the 50% aggregate calculated taking into account only the first attempt total or the total marks after clearing the backlogs....? plz advise....!
5th August 2011, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

minimum % required in class 12
18th August 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

i'm a PD candidate .how much percentile is required in cat exam
6th September 2011, 12:17 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singhji View Post
the minimum aggregate % for CAT is goin to increase from 50 to 55% from year 2012.is it true?I m in my final yr and my aggregate is not even 50 % so all i am going to get is 50 % after 4 yrs but i am planning to give CAT in 2012 what should i do?
AS per my knowledge percentage of marks is not increased , i provide the details regarding cat examination .

CAT is stands for { Common Admission Test } conducted by Indian Institute of Management . it is conducted for under graduation to get admission in top mba college .

Eligibility Criteria for CAT Examination :

if you want apply for cat examination , then you should be qualified for under graduation course in any stream with 50% percentage of marks from recognized university . if your belonging from sc/st candidate then the relaxation is given for 45% percentage of marks .

Syllabus for CAT Examination :

>>Quantitative aptitude

>>Reading comprehension

>>Verbal ability

>>Data interpretation

>>Data sufficiency

Centers for CAT Examination :

>>Delhi

>>Mumbai

>>Lucknow

>>Pune

>>Bangalore

>>Chennai

>>Indore

>>Nagpur

>>Noida

You can apply for cat examination in any one of the center as you like .
19th September 2011, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

With great regards to my beloved elders.....i would like to clear my doubts....can a student appear for CAT exam after giving ISC exam?
Please elders...i want to clear this...since this year i will be giving ISC...if the answer is yes then i have to prepare a lot....please help me out.....

Name: Ranit Paul
Email id: [email protected]
24th October 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Iam have 62% in b-tech & iam less % in inter can i eligible for writing down the cat
25th October 2011, 12:07 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

I think you can give the CAT examination as till now the aggregate percentage required in Graduation is not increased.Still one who has got 50% marks in graduation can appear in the CAT examination.SC/ST candidate needs only 45% in aggregate.

If you do hard work then you can get more than 50%.So study with determination to get your aim.

Best Wishes....
28th October 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

hey is it true that cat exam criteria is going to change in 2012?i am having 52.22% aggregateam i eligible for cat 2012
29th October 2011, 12:21 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for CAT exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate must have secure 50% marks in graduation for general category and must have secured 45% marks in graduation for SC/ST category.

3.Candidate can appear in CAT exam during final year of graduation.

4.No number of attempts restriction..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill..

All the best.
31st October 2011, 07:28 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,if you want apply for cat examination , then you should be qualified for under graduation course in any stream with 50% percentage of marks from recognized university . if your belonging from sc/st candidate then the relaxation is given for 45% percentage of marks .

Syllabus for CAT Examination :

>>Quantitative aptitude

>>Reading comprehension

>>Verbal ability

>>Data interpretation

>>Data sufficiency

Centers for CAT Examination :

>>Delhi

>>Mumbai

>>Lucknow

>>Pune

>>Bangalore

>>Chennai

>>Indore

>>Nagpur

Thanks,
8th November 2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

if i have done graduation through distance learning programme with 60% ......can i be the CAT aspirant?????
8th November 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Eligibility for CAT with 50% marks in Graduation?

Dont appear for exam.
16th November 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

I HAV COMPLETED MY B.SC BIOLOGY .CAN I ELIGIBLE FOR CAT?
16th November 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i did my b.sc with 60% .can i apply for CAT?
1st December 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

hi .. i just want to ask that what should i do to make my english stronger . i want to make my word power n grammar best for cat 2012
2nd December 2011, 09:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.

This year exam date is already announced.So please check it out.

Registration-17 august 2011 to 28 September 2011

Exam date-22 October to 18 November 2011.

The BEST MBA college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management Indore
XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad
FMS – Faculty of Management Studies
NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies

Thanks
16th December 2011, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

I just wanna ask, that i my doing Company Secretaryship (Executive)... Am i eligible for CAT 2012?
20th December 2011, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

I am in my final year,and working in sales&marketing division with ITC Limited,i scored 61% through distance education and the university is UGC approved.Can i appear for CAT nd will my work experience stand me in good stead during GD & PI?
22nd December 2011, 06:42 PM
jeo-rocks

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)],

Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.

So you can apply for the CAT examination if you have more then 50% marks in your graduation.

the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in.

thanks
9th January 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

i am having 49.95 % in t.y.b.com (mumbai university) ,and i am also having o.b.c non creamy layer certifcate. can i give CAT exam??????/
cont no- 9833342442
email- [email protected]
(pleazz give correct answer pleazzz, its a question of my life)
29th January 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

I'm a 3rd yr(6th sem) B.E. student???When i can apply for CAT???? After I complete my Bachelor's degree or in my final yr itself..????
9th March 2012, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I am a CA student is there any relaxation in eligibility for ca students
23rd March 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

i am a be student in it
I got 89 in both 10 and 10 2
but in be i got only 60%
please tell in how many colleges can i apply
i have heard that iims call only students having more than 70% but xlri call at 60
----- Abhinav
21st July 2012, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

how much % are required in 12th class to apper for CAT
29th July 2012, 08:54 PM
rch91

Quote:
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Sc,St,DA.]
On the basis of your percentage you are eligible for exam.so study hard and crack your CAT exam.
13th May 2013, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

can we consider backlog marks while calculating percentage
22nd May 2013, 07:12 PM
Ankur.Sunny

CAT - Common Admission Test

CAT Exam will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs. These programmes are:

• Post Graduate Programmes in Management
• Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM)

> Separate advertisements will appear for the Fellow Programme of each institute as well as PGP-ABM of IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Lucknow, PGSEM and PGPPM Programmes of IIM

> Bangalore, PGDCM Programme of IIM Calcutta, EPGP of IIM Indore. And PGDHRM of IIM Ranchi.

>Before a prospective candidate makes a decision to appear for CAT Exam, you must visit the websites or read programme advertisements of the concerned IIMs and specific programmes to ensure which programmes they want to apply for, eligibility requirements and admission processes.

~•> Examination Scheme :-

• The duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes which includes 15 minute tutorial.

• No breaks are allowed during the test.
The test contains quantitative, verbal, and logical & data interpretation abilities type questions to test candidate.

• Test is divided into 3 sections for 60 questions in each section.

• At the test venue, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal and he/she will be provided with a scratch paper for calculations. After the test, candidate must leave the scratch paper at the desk.

• Rough work cannot be done on any other paper/sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside the testing room.

~•>Eligibility :-

•> You must hold a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA).

•> The percentage of marks obtained by you in the bachelor's degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where you have obtained the degree.

•> In case you are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor's degree.

•> In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing your CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.

•> If you are appearing for the final year of bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination or have completed degree requirements or are awaiting results can also apply.

•> If selected, you will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if you submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of your College/Institute stating that you have

completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.

•> IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the http://www.catiim.in/.

•> You must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

~•> List of Indian Institute of Management (IIM's) Colleges :-
• IIM Lucknow
• IIM Ahmedabad
• IIM Calcutta
• IIM Bangalore
• IIM Tiruchirappalli
• IIM Kozhikode
• IIM Indore
• IIM Shillong
• IIM Ranchi
• IIM Rohtak
• IIM Raipur
• IIM Udaipur
• IIM Kashipur

All the Best !
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?