12th October 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give NET or SET Exam after completion of M.Com in Finance in Distance Learning?

If i have done my M.com in FINANCE from UGC approved open unversity in distance education, got 56% am i eligible for SET/Net exams?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to give NET Exam after completion of PGDBA course in Distance Learning with 61% of marks?
  2. Can I be eligible for NET SET by doing graduation through distance learning?
  3. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam in Management after completing MBA in finance from distance learning(SCDL)
  4. How to do 1 year B.Ed course in Distance Learning after completion of MBA in Finance and with 3 years of work Experience?
  5. Is distance education is valid for NET(UGC)? I'm pursuing M.Com from MDU through correspondence
  6. Completed MBA in Sales and Marketing, Banking and Finance through Distance Learning : Can I appear for NET SET?
  7. Am I eligible for NET exam after doing MBA HR from distance learning? Should I take SET exam? What is the syllabus of it?
  8. Am I eligible for NET Exam in Human Resource being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of MBA in HR in Distance Learning?
  9. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET? I am pursuing my MBA in distance learning from SMU
  10. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completion of Diploma in Business Administration from Symbiosis Distance Learning?
  11. Can I be eligible for NET SET after completing PG in MBA finance with 57% marks
  12. How to take admission for correspondence course of MBA
  13. Distance learning PGDM is applicable for NET? -- [New]
  14. Am I eligible to apply for SET Exam after completion of M.Com course without doing B.Ed course?
  15. Am I eligible for NET exam if I have done MBA(Finance) from SMU(Distance Course) with 70%? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can a candidate be eligible to give CAT Exam after completion of Degree in Distance Learning?
  17. Will I be eligible for NET exam after doing PG by distance learning?
  18. Can I give NET/SET exam in December? I am a M.Com I student and have scored 54.5%
12th October 2012, 07:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NET or SET Exam after completion of M.Com in Finance in Distance Learning?

Yes you are eligible to sit in the National Eligibility Test or the State Eligibility Test for Lectureship. For both these exams the requirement is post graduation degree. It does not matter whether you completed it through distance education or regular mode. You can apply for the NET exam.

National Eligibility Exam by University Grants Commission is conducted twice a year for lectureship and PhD. It is a very popular exam and more than 3 Lakh candidates appear for it every year.

SET exam is also the same. The only difference here is that it is not conducted by central government but by each state of India separately. Gujarat conducts its own SET exam, so does Himachal and Punjab. Once you pass a SET exam, you would be eligible for job of lecturer in that particular state. You can not apply for lectureship in Himachal after passing Gujarat SET.

Similarly National Eligibility Test is a central level test. After passing this exam you will be able to get lecturer job in any college funded by the central government. In case a state decides not to conduct SET exam, it would have to select candidates on the basis of NET exam.

Eligibility

1. A post graduation degree from UGC recognized university.

2. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

3. SC/ST candidates need 50 percent marks.

4. Final year students may also apply.

5. Your subject for NET would depend on post graduation course.

6. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

7. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

8. SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation.

9. For lectureship there is no upper age limit.

10. There is no restriction of number of attempts for NET exam.
12th October 2012, 09:17 PM
bhaskar51

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NET or SET Exam after completion of M.Com in Finance in Distance Learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If i have done my M.com in FINANCE from UGC approved open unversity in distance education, got 56% am i eligible for SET/Net exams?
Yes, you are eligible to sit in the NET or the SET for Lectureship. For both these exams the requirement is post graduation degree. It does not matter whether you completed it through distance education or regular mode. You can apply for the NET exam.

National Eligibility Exam by University Grants Commission is conducted twice a year for lectureship and PhD. It is a very popular exam and more than 3 Lakh candidates appear for it every year.

SET exam is also the same. The only difference here is that it is not conducted by central government but by each state of India separately. Gujarat conducts its own SET exam, so does Himachal and Punjab. Once you pass a SET exam, you would be eligible for job of lecturer in that particular state. You can not apply for lectureship in Himachal after passing Gujarat SET.

Similarly National Eligibility Test is a central level test. After passing this exam you will be able to get lecturer job in any college funded by the central government. In case a state decides not to conduct SET exam, it would have to select candidates on the basis of NET exam.

Eligibility

12th October 2012, 09:26 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes, you are eligible to sit in the NET or the SET for Lectureship. For both these exams the requirement is post graduation degree. It does not matter whether you completed it through distance education or regular mode. You can apply for the NET exam.

SET exam is also the same. The only difference here is that it is not conducted by central government .IT IS ONLY FOR STATE LEVEL COLLEGE

Eligibility

16th October 2012, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I am completed MA in history 50% through Distance education from Gauhati University in2011 Now my age ig 38 .am i eligible for Net,SLET & PhD.??
28th May 2013, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.Sc., in Annamalai university distance education mode. I have passed the SLET exam of tamilnadu. Am I eligible for lectureship?
28th May 2013, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

I have completed by M.Sc through Annamalai university distance education mode. I have cleared the SLET exam conducted by tamilnadu government. Am I eligible for lectureship
2nd October 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

what is JRF?
19th December 2013, 06:33 AM
Unregistered

Hi.. I am an MBA( Major-Finance, Minor-Marketing). Can I select HR as my paper 3?
19th December 2013, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

I am an MBA(Major-Fin Minor-Marketing). Can I opt HR as paper-3??
31st December 2013, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

what are the documents submitted for commerce students after passing set exam
9th February 2014, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for NET or SET exams after completion of my M.A. Degree in english in Madras University through distance education?
23rd March 2014, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

why is it said some universities or institutes do not accept distance educaton degree??.....what does this means...........does msc environmental sciences distance education has lesser scope than regular one??
27th June 2015, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for NET exam after completing my ug in kerala university and pg in anna university?
1st October 2015, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

The upper limit of JRF is 28 yrs and it is relaxed by 5 yrs for ST/SC/ OBC. Is the same relaxation applies to female candidate?
4th November 2015, 02:36 AM
Unregistered

Which major do I have to choose in set exam in tamilnadu because I am doing MA child care and education in distance education?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?