13th June 2011, 02:03 PM
akashtale

Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?

I am studying computer sci. engieering , can i eligible for IAS exam. plz answer

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for IAS examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
  3. Am I eligible for SET exam after completing M.Tech 2nd year in computer science and engineering
  4. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  5. How can I prepare for IAS and OAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  6. Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in Computer Science? -- [New]
  7. Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to appear for IAS Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?
  9. Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Computer Science Engineering?
  10. Can I prepare for IAS and OAS exam after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
  11. Am I eligible to study Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th Mathematics? Is this course equivalent to B.E.(Computer Science Engineering)?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for IAS after studying engineering in computer science?
  13. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  14. How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?
  15. Can we do B.Ed after completing B.Tech and M.Tech in computer science and engineering
  16. Am I eligible for Rail Transport Courses after completing B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
  17. Can I write IAS exam after completing BSc in Computer Science?
  18. How can I join B.ed in computer science after completing BSc computer science, MCA? Am I eligible after completing MCA, M.Phil but not MSc?
14th June 2011, 12:34 AM
gagan4790

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashtale View Post
I am studying computer sci. engieering , can i eligible for IAS exam. plz answer
Yes dear,Everyone who is 21 yrs old and is a graduate, is eligible for IAS Exam....
For all details,you can ask for guidance from [email protected]
14th June 2011, 12:43 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?

Quote:
Eligibility criteria for IAS exam.

Yes, definitely you are eligible for the IAS exam. IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in every year. IAS officer job is the one of the best job of India.
Yo appear in the IAS exam you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification := Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. Finl year graduation student are also eligible for the IAS exam.

Age Limit := The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam.

The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category i.e for SC/ST/OBC/PH category.

If you are studying in the Computer Science & engineering then you can apply for the IAS exam in the final year of engineering or after passing the engineering.

Foor details information regarding IAS exam please visit the official
website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
14th June 2011, 10:18 AM
tiwari ayush

yes u r as the eligibity criteria is that u shoud b a graduate with age less than 25. there is no opposition on the stream u take on.

u have to choose the the subject that suits u the best.

best of luck!!!
14th June 2011, 03:25 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Akash,
If you have done bachelors degree in computer science and engineering, you are eligible to take the civil service examination conducted by union public service commission. A graduate in any discipline is eligible to take the test.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to general category, 33 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 35 years for SC/ST.
Since the civil ervice examination is conducted for recruitment of both IAS and IPS officials, the top scorers are selected for Indian administrative service.
For further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
15th June 2011, 10:32 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you are doing your graduation and you are in final year, then yes you are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil services examination.

Because to become a IAS officer, You need to appear for Civil services examination and to appear in this examination, you need a graduate degree from a recognised university.

Final Year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination, But to appear in this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, The upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

You can apply for this examination only 4 times and OBC candidates can apply for 7 times and No limits for SC, ST candidates. The UPSC conducts the examination 2 times in a year, the notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the official website of UPSC.

The examination are held in 2 stages, Firstly Preliminery exams and Main exam. You have to clear both the exam and then you are eligible for Final Interview.

If you are eligible, then you can fill the application form Online by visit the UPSC official website. So, Only Graduate candidates of any discipline are eligible to apply for Civil services examination, For complete details, please visit the UPSC official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th June 2011, 10:52 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear
yes, you are eligible for ias exam
for this
candidate has only pass the graduation or appearing exam
age must 21 to 30 years and 5 years relaxation for sc/st
4 times attempt general candidate
and 7 times attempt for sc/st candidate......

Good luck...........
15th June 2011, 11:23 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

yes, you are eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering.

the qualifications requirement to sit for UPSC-IAS exam is given below

1.minimum qualification graduation in any subject, with 55% marks in graduation.

2.Age limit is 21-29 years.

all the best.........
15th June 2011, 12:36 PM
dhani12345

Wink Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?

If you are doing your graduation and you are in final year, then yes you are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil services examination.

Because to become a IAS officer, You need to appear for Civil services examination and to appear in this examination, you need a graduate degree from a recognised university.

Final Year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination, But to appear in this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, The upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

You can apply for this examination only 4 times and OBC candidates can apply for 7 times and No limits for SC, ST candidates. The UPSC conducts the examination 2 times in a year, the notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the official website of UPSC.

The examination are held in 2 stages, Firstly Preliminery exams and Main exam. You have to clear both the exam and then you are eligible for Final Interview.

If you are eligible, then you can fill the application form Online by visit the UPSC official website. So, Only Graduate candidates of any discipline are eligible to apply for Civil services examination, For complete details, please visit the UPSC official website -

15th June 2011, 12:49 PM
UKKRU

Quote:
ya offcourse u r eligible.u only have have 2 strong subject. and good general knowledge.
15th June 2011, 01:22 PM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

hi friend,
you are eligible for ias exam...hi friend ias exam needs only a qualified degree,whether it is B.E,Bse,biotech and an
15th June 2011, 01:26 PM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

hi friend,
you are eligible for ias exam because ias exam needs only qualified degree and also the department required a graduate to write an exam.so you are eligible to apply in your final year itself..

all the best
15th June 2011, 04:31 PM
sachin6

Ya,you are eligible. You can written the corresponding civil service exam. And then you will get it.
15th June 2011, 10:23 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for the IAS exam because the educational criteria is graduation degree from a recognised university.

Age should be between 21 to 30 and if you belongs to obc or sc/st then there are also age relaxation of 3 and 5 year respectively.

If you fullfill the age criteria then you are eligible for this exam.
15th June 2011, 10:52 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Eligiblity Criteria for IAS exam:

1.Candidates age shoul between 21 to 30 for General.those who belongs to Other category get relexation.
OBC - 3 years in upper age limit
SC/ST - 5 years in upper age limit.

2.Candidates must complete their Graduation from any stream.

If you fullfill the given criteria,then absolutely you are eligible for IAS exam.
16th June 2011, 12:04 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes Absolutely you are Eligible for IAS Examination.

IAS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Minimum Qualification for IAS Exam is Graduation,the candidate should have a graduate degree from a Recognized University Or Equivalent Examination.

Those who are Appearing in the final year of graduation may also Eligible to Apply.

There is no Minimum Percentage for Civil Service examination.

The Age should be 21 - 30 yrs on August 1st of the year of examination.

Age Relaxation Exists As per Govt Rules.

To prepare for Exam like Current Events,Sports,National Events,History of india,Comprehension,Decision making,Logical Thinking daily update Yourself.
16th June 2011, 09:33 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Yes offcourse you can go for IAS exam.
Minimum education criteria = Graduate
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.
16th June 2011, 12:10 PM
sandymishra45

Yes.
My cousion is doing same thing,he is preparing for IAS with doing B.tech parallely.
16th June 2011, 02:22 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Yes you are definetely eligible to appear for IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

I am listing down below some important information related to it so please check them out too.

To become an IAS officer following Eligibility criteria is there:-
1) You should have completed your graduation or you should be a degree holder.
2)Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.
3) Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS .

Relaxation in age:-
SC/ST--- 5 years.
OBC--- 3 years.
Handicaped-- 10 years.

Number of attempts:-
General candidates: four attempts.
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

For more information visit the official website :
www.upsc.gov.in
16th June 2011, 02:27 PM
Sagar Keshari

Age 21 n must cmpt gaduation then u r eligible. . . bst of luck
16th June 2011, 03:58 PM
D.Vignesh

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?

ya friend your eligible to do your IAS. but your age must be above 21..

do preparation in G.K queations , it will be easy to get pass in the exam....

the be strong in your 6th - 12th subjects.......

definitely you will be selected ...

all the best.
17th June 2011, 01:08 AM
kartavya99

yes you can give IAS exam.
17th June 2011, 08:11 PM
amit gaur2065

you are eligible for IAS exam, so dont worry, if your age is between 21-30 and
you can choose a optional subject for more information you can see on the website ,IAS require only graduation.
24th June 2011, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible for ias exam after completing my engineering degree from i.t.
12th July 2011, 07:17 PM
littleheart09

Yes, definitely you are eligible for the IAS exam. IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in every year. IAS officer job is the one of the best job of India.
Yo appear in the IAS exam you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification := Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. Finl year graduation student are also eligible for the IAS exam.

Age Limit := The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam.

The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category i.e for SC/ST/OBC/PH category.

If you are studying in the Computer Science & engineering then you can apply for the IAS exam in the final year of engineering or after passing the engineering.
12th July 2011, 07:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Educational Qualification for UPSC IAS exam:

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

your age should be min of 21 years and should not exceed 30 years

so you are eligible for IAS exam.

all the best
14th July 2011, 11:52 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,

thanks
15th July 2011, 12:51 AM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,

thanks
17th July 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

i am completed B.E. in the field of computer science engineering if i want to crack ias exam so which subject i should have to choose?
11th August 2011, 05:17 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

hi.. friends

also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:

OBC:

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.

best of luck
11th August 2011, 05:37 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

General category:

SC/ST:

OBC:

16th September 2011, 07:50 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES.

this exam is conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISION), EVERY YEAR.the age li8mit exist for exam is 21-30. also there are 5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
no of attempts in IAS exam:-

Attempts:-
4 times attempts for Genral
7 times for OBC
no limits for SC/ST candidate

thanks
16th September 2011, 07:56 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

General category:

SC/ST:

OBC:
15th November 2011, 11:54 AM
gkumar13000

yes any graduate is eligible for ias .
u need be 21 yrs age
best of luck
4th December 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Respectred Sir,
i am completed Bsc in the field of computer science. i am get canfuse between software career and IAS Officer. which is best for me?
26th January 2013, 07:58 PM
mayankt

Hi,
Yes you are eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering coz for that you should have graduation Degree from recognised university with any stream
If you want to become an IAS officer for that you have to apply civil services exam
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit
Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

Good Luck....
27th January 2013, 09:01 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that After passing B.Tech in computer science Engineering you are eligible for I.A.S.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

I.A.S exam is also known as Civil Services exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted for other post like:-
> Indian Police Services
> Indian Foreign Services
> Indian Revenue Services
> Indian Postal Services
> Indian Railways
etc

Age limit in Civil Services exam is 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate is 21-37 year.

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

IMPORTANT DATE FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM 2013
Date Of Notification:-02.02.2013
Last date of submission of form:-04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam Prelims:-19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
Date of Mains exam:- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

All the best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?