14th May 2013, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?

i completed engineering in computer science,nw i am 24 ,i would like to start for IAS prepartion...is my decision late...?

if not....how i start the preparation...

pls reply me

Related Questions:
  1. How should a Computer Science student start with preparation for IAS exam?
  2. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE?
  3. How to appear for IAS and HAS examination? I am a final year computer engineering student
  4. how to start preparation for tancet? which books i should refer?
  5. Eligibility criteria for IAS examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  7. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  8. How to be an IAS officer? I am a 12th science student
  9. How can I prepare for IAS and OAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  10. Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?
  11. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  12. How can I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year of ECE branch -- [New]
  13. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  14. Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  15. Can I prepare for IAS and OAS exam after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
  16. Tamilnadu Board Matriculation Exam Geography and Economics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
  18. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
15th May 2013, 09:45 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?

IAS:Indian Administrative Exam

You must have graduation degree from a recognized university for IAS and your age should be 21 to 30 years so you are eligible for IAS exam after completing engineering degree.

Eligibility criteria in details:
Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
IAS(Civil Service Exam) has three stages to be cleared by candidate:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Personal Interview

To clear Civil Exam you need to clear the prelims and mains.
For prelims you need to clear CSAT which consists of aptitude and reasoning questions.
For CSAT you can prepare through RS Aggarwal books for Aptitude and Reasoning.
For mains you need to select 2 subjects of your choice from the given.
You should have complete knowledge of the current affairs that you can get from Pratiyogita Darpan magazine.

For current events you must thoroughly read The Hindu, Economic Times, Frontline and any other competitive magazines. While you read these always try to focus more on people, places and events (such as G-8 meeting, Climate change summits etc.)

You must solve last 5 years question papers in your optionals not once or twice but as many times as possible. This will definitely help you in getting more than 40-50 questions correct at least by intelligent guesses.

You can go through this links
for further details
www.onestopias.com
www.upscportal.com

Books for Preparation of IAS exam:

1.The Pearson CSAT Manual 2012
by Edgar Thorpe,Showick ThorpePublisher: Pearson Education (2012)

2.Prelims 17 Years Civil Services (IAS): General Studies Topic Wise Solved Papers (1995-2011)by Disha ExpertsPublisher: Disha Publication

3.CSAT: General Studies 2012 (Paper 2)
by Arun Sharma,Madhukar Kumar Bhagat,Hari Mohan Prasad,Abhijit Guha
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw-hill (2011)

4.Civil Services Success PLANNER
by Sharma K K Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

5.UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination Paper-I in 60 days
by Rakesh Dwivedi Publisher : Tata mcgraw hill education private limited
31st August 2013, 12:49 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?

It is enough to start exam preparations by now onwards. You can apply for the exam till 30 years. Preparations can be started after collecting detailed exam pattern and syllabus. As a beginner, you can refer NCERT books. After gaining basic knowledge, go for advanced books for study. Practicing previous year questions is effective for Time management.
3rd September 2013, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

i am student of computer science and engineering,which papper select who is help me preparing for I.A.S exam?
4th September 2013, 07:06 PM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service.

This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission once in the year.....

This exam is conducted by the UPSC under the Civil Service Examination.......

Eligibility And Criteria:-

A candidate must have Completed their Graduation degree in any Discipline from the Recognized Universities are eligible for IAS exam...

Final years graduation degree students also eligible for this exam.....

There is No any Percentages Criteria...

A candidate must have the Nationality of India..

Age Limit :-

Minimum age limit for IAS exam is 21 years...

And

Maximum age limit for IAS exam is 30 years...

Relaxation on Upper Age:-

For OBC category : up to 33 years..

For SC/ST category : up to 35 years..

For PH : up to 40 years..

No. Attempt:-

General - max. 4

OBC - max. 7.

SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:-

Preliminary Exam.
Main Exam
Interview

27th September 2013, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

sir i'm pursuing my B E in mechanical engineering , i've financial problem , so i'm planning to do two year job along with preparation for IAS ...... please suggest me the right plan...
15th April 2014, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, me as a student of maths stream want to know the best engineering branch to prepare for govt jobs like ias,ies,army officer,etc while continuing my study. But I want to select computer science, is it good to preparing all govt jobs?
7th January 2016, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for Upsc examination after be degree in industrial engg and management.is it possible to prepare while doing job?
18th April 2020, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

It is very good information about IAS examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?