17th July 2011, 09:36 PM
yeeshu jain

Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?

i am completed B.E. in the field of computer science engineering if i want to crack ias exam so which subjects i should have to choose?

19th July 2011, 11:22 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeshu jain View Post
i am completed B.E. in the field of computer science engineering if i want to crack ias exam so which subjects i should have to choose?
Hello yeeshu jain !!

I appreciate your decision to become a IAS officer after completing your bachelors.

But the problem with your Branch of Engineering is you do not have any optional which is related to Optional subjects related to it.

The students of ECE,ETC,Civil and MECH are lucky in this regard. The students of Computer science engineering doesn't have any optional related to that but there are some optionals though like Mathematics and all to support you but as like Mech or EEE students you can't select Mechanical Engineering subject as optional or Electrical Engineering as a optional.

I hope you are getting my point so the subjects which you have to select will be other than Engineering but there are some students who are confident about Electronics will also try to take Electrical engineering which is said and known to be a risk. because most candidates who attempted in this way are now again re attempting because of their failure.

In my view the best optional subject for you is Mathematics and Psychology(if interested) or any other good interesting subject like Public administration etc.,

All the best for your selection

Regards

~AdityA~
24th July 2011, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?

i am a b.tech student in cs branch.I have an hss elective course in my second year syllabus in this course there are two optional subject(Psychology,Sociology ).So i want to take
advice that which sub i should choose now that can help me later for ias preparation.Because i heard from my seniors that(1) Sociology is a sub. of good general knowledge and essay preparation for ias but it has more mugging things .(2)Psychology is a good conceptual and interesting sub. but don't has any general knowledge material. i like conceptual things more than mugging things but i don't know their difficulty level. So please help me

Thanking you in advance
16th August 2012, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?

sir I want to know what will be my main and optional subjects for kas if I want to appear in kas.I am b.tech ece student
4th September 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

i want to appear for the ias exam after completing be course .Now i am studing be and of information science and engineering
which and all subjects have to prepare for it
18th September 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

hii...i want to appear for da exam after BE..rt now m in IT branch 4th year..plz suggest me sme advice for preparing ias.....n suggest me simple n interesting subjct which shud i prefer rather dan mugging subjects....
1st October 2012, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

my cast is nomedic tribe,for ias exam in which category can i apply
2nd October 2012, 12:28 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Question Re: Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.

good luck
30th September 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

which subject should i take for kas exam as i m doing engg.in ece
23rd March 2014, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I am giving my boards nd entrance exam for engg.... i want 2 choose cs in engg.. nd then go for civil sevices exam... wud it b correct?
18th August 2014, 10:53 PM
madhbindh

Cool Re: Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?

i am completed B.E. in the field of computer science engineering if i want to crack ias exam so which subjects i should have to choose?[/QUOTE]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?