3rd September 2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS prelims if I am 33 years old?

sir, my date of birth as per certificate is 04/05/1978, am i eligible for ias prelims 2013

4th September 2012, 02:16 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS prelims if I am 33 years old?

My friend your age in 2013 would be 35 years and 33 if go my the birth year (1978) which you have mentioned in the question. IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service and the exam to become IAS officer is called Civil Service Examination which is held every year and conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Becoming the IAS officer is not an easy job. First you have to go through a very difficult and competitive exam. You will have to meet several requirements of the IAS Exam which also includes physical requirements. Unable to meet these requirements, you would not be allowed to appear for the IAS Entrance Exam.

Once you have become the IAS officer, there would be lots of responsibilities on your shoulders. IAS officer has to play a very major role in drafting and implementing the policy of central and state government.

However the most challenging task for IAS comes during natural disaster like drought, earthquake, floods etc or in case of communal violence. IAS officer has to take various measures in such situations at the same time he/she also have to keep the state and central government informed about the latest situation so that the government could make an informed decision on tackling the issue.

Now as I mentioned earlier that going by DOB, you would be 35 years old at the time of IAS Exam in 2013. This unfortunately would not allow you to appear for the Civil Service Examination since you would have crossed the age limit unless belongs to the SC/ST category. I will explain that below in requirements.

Eligibility Criteria:

A candidate should be citizen of India to appear for IAS Exam.

Age Limit:

General cateogry candidate should complete 21 years and must be less than 30 years as on July 1 of examination year.

OBC candidate should not be more than 33 years old.

The age limit for SC/ST candidate is 35 years.

Educational Criteria:

You must posses graduation degree in any stream from a reconized university.

Number of Attempts:

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - No Limit
4th September 2012, 02:38 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Am I eligible for IAS prelims if I am 33 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, my date of birth as per certificate is 04/05/1978, am i eligible for ias prelims 2013
Dear Aspirant!

~~According to the Age criteria of General category candidates, age should be in between 21 to 30 on the 1st August of the year of Exam.

~~According to the Age criteria of OBC category candidates age should be in between 21 to 33 on the 1st August of the year of Exam.

~~According to the Age criteria of ST/SC category candidates age should be in between 21 to 35 on the 1st August of the year of Exam.

Quote:
am i eligible for ias prelims 2013?
As you mentioned that you age Date of Birth is 04/05/1978. So on 1st August,2013 your age will be 35 years, 2 months.

So sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in IAS Prelim exam because your age is more than the upper limit required to appear in IAS exam.

Educational Qualification required for IAS:

-Candidate should have completed bachelor degree course in any stream from recognized university.

-Candidate appearing in the final year are also eligible to appear in IAS exam.

-There is no any restriction on percentage of marks on the Graduation percentage.

IAS Exam is known as Civil Service Exam which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

IAS:- Indian Administrative Service.

For more detail on IAS Exam visit UPSC official website:- http://upsc.gov.in
4th September 2012, 02:58 PM
jayks

Quote:
IAS Indian Administrative Service

From your date of birth mentioned in certificate 1978 to 2013 your Age is 35 year so you have no chance to write IAS but if you belongs to SC/ST categories then you 1 chance

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam is..

::Eduacational Qualification::

Graduation in any stream from a recognize university or college.
Final Year student can apply

::Age limits::

For General :
Should Between 21 to 30 years

For OBC :
Should Between 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST :
Should Between 21 to 35 years

For Physically challenged:
Should Between 21 to 40 years

3. No. of attempt 4times OBC 7times abs ST/SC no limit.

Good luck
4th September 2012, 03:17 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,

The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is a dream career for millions of Indians but only a few, in fact very few, are able to gain entry into this elite club each year
ELIGBLITY;-
Educational Eligibility for IAS
Graduate in any discipline from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
You can appear for the Prelims even if the final year's result is awaited provided you produce it while filling the Mains form

Age Eligibility for IAS
Minimum 21 years of age at the time of filling the Prelims form and not more than 30 years for General category
For OBC candidates between 21 and 33 years of age
For SC/ST candidates between 21 and 35 years of age

Attempt Eligibility for IAS
For General category students not more than 4 attempts including prelims
For OBC candidates not more than 7 attempts
For SC/ST candidates no limit on attempts. Only age limit.

www.upsc.gov.in
4th September 2012, 03:30 PM
Eshwarvenkatesh

Hello,
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It is considered as the highest honour in India. It is the toughest test in our country. Becoming an IAS Officer is not an easy task. It is very difficult to achieve this. Inorder to achieve it start hard working from now onwards.
Eligibility Criteria:
*Candidate should be a citizen of India.
* Candidate should have complete graduation in any subject.
* The age limit for the candidates are between 21 to 30. For SC&ST candidates the age limit is upto 35 years. So you are not eligible for Civils since your age is 33 years.
4th September 2012, 04:31 PM
gunaa4

~~According to the Age criteria of General category candidates, age should be in between 21 to 30 on the 1st August of the year of Exam.

~~According to the Age criteria of OBC category candidates age should be in between 21 to 33 on the 1st August of the year of Exam.

~~According to the Age criteria of ST/SC category candidates age should be in between 21 to 35 on the 1st August of the year of Exam.

As you mentioned that you age Date of Birth is 04/05/1978. So on 1st August,2013 your age will be 35 years, 2 months.

So sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in IAS Prelim exam because your age is more than the upper limit required to appear in IAS exam.

Thank you
4th September 2012, 04:38 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,

As you didn't mention whether you belong to General category or OBC or SC/ST, so it is quite confusing to say that you are eligible for IAS exam or not.

If you belong to either General category or OBC then sorry to say friend you are not eligible for the exam.

But if you belong to other category like SC/ST, then you have two year more to attempt the exam.

Good luck.
4th September 2012, 05:00 PM
nagaraj g m

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible for IAS prelims if I am 33 years old?

Quote:
HELLO SIR,
as per your date of birth (04-05-1978) your is 34.
you could have wrote this year's(2012) exam,
but you didnot attend, and next year your age will be

AS PER RULES UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION(UPSC):

1.according to the age limit of general catrgory candidates,age must be 21 to 30 years old.
2.according to age limit of OBC category candidates,age limit must be 21 to 33 years old.
3.according to age limit of sc\st category candidates,age limit must be 21 to 35 years old......

so sorry sir... sorry to say this.... good to hear that you wanted be an IAS officer, i am proud of your aim sir.............
thank you sir...

all the best..
4th September 2012, 06:51 PM
surajm093

Eligibility Criteria:

A candidate should be citizen of India to appear for IAS Exam.

Age Limit:

General cateogry candidate should complete 21 years and must be less than 30 years as on July 1 of examination year.

OBC candidate should not be more than 33 years old.

The age limit for SC/ST candidate is 35 years.

Educational Criteria:

You must posses graduation degree in any stream from a reconized university.

Number of Attempts:

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - No Limit
4th September 2012, 07:48 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

IAS: INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

eligibility:

--10th pass
--12th pass
--you should be graduate from any university

AGE LIMIT:

for general:21 to 30 years

for obc:21 to 33 years

for sc/st:21 to 35 years

NO. OF ATTEMPTS:

for general:4

for obc:7

for sc/st:no limit

details of exam:

UPSC has change the the pattern of highly respected IAS exam:

prelim test is replaced by civil service aptitude test(CSAT)

--it consist of 3 phases:
civil service aptitude test

--mains

--interview

SYLLABUS OF CSAT:it consist 2 papers
paper1:

indian politics
current affairs
gk
history
geography
general science and economy

paper2:
comprehension skills
mental ability
logical reasoning
passage
statistics
decision making ability

application fees:

for genera/obcl: 100/-
for sc/st/ph: no fees

good luck
5th September 2012, 05:28 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

dear sir,

the eligibility required for the IAS are listed as below
1]he or she must be an indian citizen.

2]he or she completed the as 21 and must be less than 31as on july 1.

3]he or she must complete graduation in any sream.
26th September 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

sir, my date of birth as per certificate is 10/06/1983, am i eligible for ias prelims 2013
26th September 2012, 11:27 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I.A.S Exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
At the age of 33 you are eligible only if you are under ST/SC category otherwise you are not eligible for Civil Services exam.

After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
31st December 2012, 09:04 PM
denwer1

Quote:
Dear friend...hi

1st January 2013, 03:29 PM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear as i see your date of birth and as per my calculation your age would be 35 in the year 2013.so i do not think that you can apply for ias pre exam this year.
Age limit:
General category:for a general category student age limit is 21 to 30 years.
OBC CANDIDATE:age relaxation of three years is provided to the obc candidate.
Sc candidate:age relaxation of five years is provided to sc candidate.
Best of luck
1st January 2013, 08:11 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The age limit for Civil Service Exam is from 21 to 30 years of age which is relaxed for OBC candidate up to 3 years and for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years. Accordingly a OBC candidate can apply for Civil Service exam up to 33 years and SC/ST candidate up to 35 years.

Apart from this the eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from recognised University.

So if you are a candidate from reserved category, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam to appear for preliminary exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd January 2013, 01:33 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS prelims if I am 33 years old?

Quote:

hi friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service conducted by UPSC Every Year

ELIGIBILITY for IAS:

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline from recognise universities.

Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

all the best............
2nd January 2013, 08:02 PM
rvravikumar

Dear friend,
Your age should be between 21-30 years if you are an General category candidate.
Candidates belonging to OBC category have a relaxation of 3 years and candidates belonging to sc/st have an age relaxation of five years.There fore if you ar an reserved category candidate that is either you belong to OBC or SC/ST category then you can surely apply.
Good luck for your future....
2nd January 2013, 11:22 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

No, I'm sorry you're not eligible for tha IAS exam as the criteria for taking up IAS exam is that you should be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
You've not mentioned your category here. If you're in obc category then your age limit exceeds till 33 years and if you belongs to sc category then your age limit exceeds to 35 years
21st January 2013, 08:24 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

As per your date of birth , right now you are 35 years of age and will complete the 35th year in May.

So , according to your age you are not eligible for the IAS exam whether it is preliminary or MAINS exam.

This is because of the following :

From the above mentioned , there is only one hope for you if you belong to SC/ST category as the candidates belonging to these categories can apply until 35 years of age .

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
22nd January 2013, 11:05 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

[I]
Dear Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

First of all, I would like to tell you that your present age is 35 yrs.

So, sorry to say that you are not eligible for IAS preliminary or mains examination.

But, if you are in SC/ST category, you are eligible for IAS preliminary or mains examination.

The age criteria regarding with IAS preliminary or mains examination are below mentioned:-

* General category- 21-30 yrs.

* OBC category- 21-33 yrs.

* SC/ST category- 21-35 yrs.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
31st January 2013, 11:49 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for IAS prelims if I am 33 years old?

Quote:
Hi

IAS - Indian Administrative Services

This is the most tough and reputed Exam which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year for the selection of IAS Officers. Its very reputed.

But I am really sorry to state that as per your age, you would be 35 years in 2013 year and so the maximum age limit for the GENERAL candidates is only 27 years ! You are too over age to apply for this post. I would request you to carry on with your present job whatever you are doing. Or you can try to take up MBA so that you can change your career.

IAS grants 4 attempts to GEN, 7 to OBC and Unlimited to the SC/ST. If you are an SC/ST, then you can apply till the age of 35 years last. But since you are GEN, you cannot.

For any more information, Click Here.
Regards
RANJEET
1st February 2013, 04:40 PM
daizam

Quote:
hello,
sorry dear,you are not eligible for I.A.S exam....according to age limit,you are not eligible.
age limit-
for general category-upto 30 years
for sc/st category-upto 33 years
for obc category-upto 35 years
thankyou......
13th February 2013, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Dear friends ,

now i am pursuing BCA from IASE Deemed Univ. with part time ( private ) , and i want to preparing UPSC ( Graduate lbl Govt. Jobs) D.O.B- 04/01/1991, Please suggest me best idea ,

Regards
Rohit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?