29th September 2011, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IES exam after after graduating in Biotechnology? What type of job will I get after passing the exam?

I am an Engineering graduate in Biotechnology. I would like to know whether I am eligible to
attend the I.E.S exam. If eligible what type of job I get after passing the exam.

Related Questions:
  1. About ies exam
  2. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?
  3. What is IES exam? What is to be done after clearing the exam? Validity of IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is IES? Details about this exam and syllabus of it?
  5. Am I eligible for IES exam while working with MES as Jr Engineer?
  6. Can I be eligible for M.Tech Food Technology after passing BSc Agricultural Biotechnology? Which type of the entrance exam to apply for M.Tech?
  7. What type of job can I get after graduating in BSc in Non Medical?
  8. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?
  9. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?
  10. Am I eligible for IES Exam being M.Sc Physics student?
  11. What type of jobs are available after BSc Biotechnology?
  12. What type of jobs are available after qualifying IES examination? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  13. What should I do M.Sc or any other PG course after graduating in Biotechnology? Which course offers better job opportunity?
  14. Should I apply for a job after completing B.Sc Biotechnology? Job prospects for B.Sc Biotechnology student?
  15. Am I eligible to write IES exam after passing CS engineering
  16. What is the job of an IES Officer?
  17. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously? -- [New]
  18. What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a student of B.Tech Biotechnology
2nd October 2011, 07:30 PM
saurabh abhijeet

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam after after graduating in Biotechnology? What type of job will I get after passing the exam?

hello friend,

sorry to inform you but you are not eligible for IES exam.....

Indian engineering services is conducted for those engineers who
have done there B.Tech degree in the following fields;
-mechanical engineering
-civil engineering
-electrical engineering
-electronics and communications

as you have done your graduation in bio-technology so you are
not eligible for IES exam.....

but don't worry you can apply for other civil services exam as;
-IAS
-IFS
-IPS

if you want more detail regarding the exam please visit the link;
www.upsc.gov.in
5th June 2013, 02:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam after after graduating in Biotechnology? What type of job will I get after passing the exam?

Sorry to say that engineering graduates in Biotechnology are not eligible for IES. Candidates having completed their engineering degree in streams like mechanical/electrical/electronic/civil are only eligible. But you can apply for scientist or engineer positions in firms like Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB). You can also try for a reputed job position in National Brain Research Centre or National Institute of Oceanography. ACTAVIS Pharmaceutical, Glaxo Smith Kline, Alcon Laboratories India Pvt. Ltd, etc are some of the private sector firms where you can apply for a job.
9th November 2020, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I m bsc bio plane student can I give the IES exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?