20th October 2012, 01:20 AM
mahhiads

Am I eligible to write IES exam after passing CS engineering

I am CS Engineer So I am Eligible To Write The IES Exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write IES?
  2. Any chance to write IES exam after scoring 60% in EC engineering?
  3. M.E./M.Tech students can write IES exam? Cut off marks and rank required for selection?
  4. Can I write IES exam after completing bachelors degree in petrochemical engineering
  5. Can I write IES exam after passing B.E Aeronautical Engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?
  7. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  8. Am I eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?
  9. Am I eligible to write IES Exam after completion of B.Tech in IT stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it possible to write IES exam after completing B.E in Mechanical? Date of sale of forms? When is the next exam?
  11. Am I eligible to write IES exam?
  12. Am i eligible to write IES after studying aeronautical engineering final year
  13. Am I eligible for IES exam after passing B.E Harbour and Ocean Engineering from AMET university
  14. How should I write IES entrance exam? I am a B.Tech final year electronics and communication engineering student
  15. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?
  16. Eligibility to appear and percentage required in B.Tech to apply for IES exam? -- [New]
  17. Can I be eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in EEE?
  18. Am I eligible to write IES, JTO, AFCAT, TTA< DGM exam after doing telecommunication engineering
20th October 2012, 09:05 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam after passing CS engineering

hi,
IES exam stands for Indian engineering service exam which is conducted by upsc.
[IMG]www.indiaonlineresults.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/IES-EXAM.jpg[/IMG]
IES EXAM ELIGIBILITY:-
>you must be b.tech from a recognized university in the following branch:-
Civil
Mechnical
Electrical
Electronics and telecommunication
>age limit is 21 to 30 years.
>you must be Indian citizen.
[IMG]jhunjhunu.info/Educations/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ies-1.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]jhunjhunu.info/Educations/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ies-2.gif[/IMG]
For more,
www.upsc.gov.in
20th October 2012, 09:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahhiads View Post
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course from any discipline then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

There is not require any kind of percentage marks in your graduation degree .Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

You have completed Engineering in Computer science so you are applicable IES exam.But there is no related subject for CS candidate so you can choose Electronics subject as a written test exam .

If you are from civil engineer then definitely you can applicable for IES exam.There is a subject for civil engineer for written examination .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

The Notification will be published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.So please visit to the website for latest notification .

You can apply for IES exam only by using this link: http://www.upsconline.nic.in

For more information about IES Exam , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
20th October 2012, 09:51 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Indian Engineering Service (IES) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on the behalf of central government. Thiis exam is to recruit eligible Engineering graduates for various posts in the central government departments. It is a good opportunity for Engineers to get government jobs. Those who prefer government jobs over private sector ones should appear in the Indian Engineering Service exam.

Unfortunately my friend you are not eligible for Indian Engineering Exam. Only candidates who have completed Engineering in the following branches are eligible for IES exam:

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering.

Electronics and Communication Engineering

Since you have completed Engineering in Computer Science, you are not eligible for the exam.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. The age limit is 21 to 30 years for IES exam.

3. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

4. Candidates of SC/ST category are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

5. A B.Tech degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Electronics and Communication Engineering is required.

6. Final year students of B.Tech course may also apply.

I would recommend that you appear for the Public Sector Undertakings exam. These exams will get you good well paid jobs that are secured like government job.
20th October 2012, 10:22 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to write IES exam after passing CS Engineering.

IES - Indian Engineering Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year for appointment of young engineers in the top technical post under various Central Govt. Dept.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within tge age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The aspiring candidate has to write IES in one out of any stream from Electrical/Civil/Mechanical/Electronics & Telecommunication branch.

As you are from Computer Science you have to write IES from the above mentioned stream.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th October 2012, 12:17 PM
sanjaychauhan01

Dear..

If you have completed you degree and want to go for IES then let me tell you that all the persons who have a valid degree in Engineering are eligible for the exam. You have a degree in engineering in computer science and that make you eligible for the course.

Other eligibilities are as follows :-

1. Age limit :- 21-30 with relaxation for reserved category.

2. Nationality :- Indian, Nepali, Bhutanese

3. Physical fintess:- A candidate must be physically fit with no disorder.

Hope it will help

Cheers
20th October 2012, 01:15 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Respected ,
Sir,
You are a COMPUTER ENGINEER , and you are a IES (INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES) aspirant.
But there is one thing I would like to tell you, CS (computer science) engineering candidates are not eligible for the IES examination,.So, you are not eligible for this exam.

Through IES exam, there is a recruitements of various engineering post in various engineering fiels like civil, mining, electrical departments etc etc.This examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Educational requirements --

Candidates must posses a B.TECH\ B.E or equivalent degree in any one of the streams that I have given below--

1. CIVIL ENGINEERING BRANCH
2. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BRANCH
3. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING BRANCH
4. ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING BRANCH

Thus you are Computer science b.tech holder , you can not appear for this examination.

AGE LIMIT--

21-30 years for the general candidates,
21-33 years for the obc candidates,
21-35 years for the sc\st candidates.

EXAM PATTERN--

SYLLABUS--

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS--

Four for the general candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates..

upsc'S CALENDER FOR 2012--

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
20th October 2012, 04:07 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam after passing CS engineering

Quote:
IES (Indian Engineering Service) This exam is conducted by UPSC every year for Taking Government jobs in Engineering Field......

♫♫ A candidate who have completed their Graduation Degree OR Who are in Final year of Engineering are eligible for Applying IES exam....

♫♫ Age Limit is generally 21 to 30 years......

♫♫ Age Relaxation for Reserved Category available (OBC +3 years, SC/ST +5 years)......

♫♫ You can apply maximum 4 times (For OBC Max. 7 Times, For SC/ST No attempt limit).........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I.E.S. General Ability (Topic Wise Solved Papers)
Publisher: G K Publishers Pvt. Ltd

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012-2000) IES Indian Engineering Services Objective Paper Electrical Engineering (Paper 1 & 2)
Code: D372
ISBN: 9789350940839
Author: Trump & Gates & Prashant Kumar Bharti
Pages: 554
Price: 340/-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
20th October 2012, 09:09 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Dear friend,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services exam. This exam is considered to be one of the biggest and toughest entrance exam for Engineering candidates. This is the dream exam for each engineering candidates. But as you have completed B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering so you are not eligible to appear in this exam. Being a CSE Graduate you can't apply for this exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

1. NATIONALITY.

You must be a citizen of India,
or,You must be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan,
or,You must be a Tibetan refugee settled permanently in India before 1962.

2. AGE LIMITS.
Your age must be in between 21 TO 30 years.
However the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and upto 3 years for OBC candidates.

03. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS.

You must have completed your B.Tech degree from a recognized university in the following streams-

Electrical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

Final year students are also eligible to apply for this exam.
25th March 2013, 07:42 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes you are eligible for it as engineering graduates in any stream can apply for the exam and the age limit is:

21-30 yrs..

For more info visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?