3rd November 2012, 06:56 PM
ksnsc

Am I eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56%

sir, i completed my btech in 5years with 56%, and i am from eee branch. Am i eligible for ies exam?

22nd July 2013, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56%

I completed my 12 cls this year with pcm. Can i do b.tech from civil branch?is it good for girls
16th September 2013, 12:33 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnsc View Post
sir, i completed my btech in 5years with 56%, and i am from eee branch. Am i eligible for ies exam?
Yes Off course you're eligible for IES Entrance Examination after completing B.tech course ..

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination and this Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India . This Examination may divided into Written Examination and Interview .

The Written Examination is based on Objective as well as Subjective Type . The Written Examination may divided into three papers consist of General Ability , General Studies , General English and Each Paper contains 200 Marks . If your qualified in Written Examination then you may call for an Interview .

Eligibility Criteria :-

You should qualified in B.E or equivalent Examination in Civil Engineering , Electrical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering etc.. from recognized university . There is No Minimum percentage of marks require for IES Examination.

(OR )

You should complete Master degree in Wire Communication , Electronics , Radio Physics , Radio Engineering from recognized University .

Final year candidate / The candidate who waiting for the result for B.E course may also eligible to apply for the Course .

Age :- Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidates

So, After Completing you're B.tech course you're eligible for IES Examination.
16th September 2013, 03:08 PM
EFDRTG

DEar user

Below are the eligibility criteria:

Age Limit:

Minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years on 1st January, 2014 i.e. he/she must have been born between 2nd January, 1984 and 1st January, 1993.
Age Relaxation: upper age limit of 30 years is relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government Servants of certain categories.
See official notification for it

Educational Qualifications:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have (any one of the following:

●> obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India

●> passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers

●> obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/

●> passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers

good luck
16th September 2013, 10:18 PM
falcoon007

HII.
YES, you are eligible,
IES stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination and this Examination conducted
by Union Public Service Commission of India . This Examination Is divided into Written Examination and Interview

The Written Examination is based on Objective as well as Subjective Type . The Written Examination may divided into three papers consist of General Ability , General Studies , General English and Each Paper contains 200 Marks . If your qualified in Written Examination then you may call for an Interview .

Eligibility Criteria :-

You should qualified in B.E or equivalent Examination in Civil Engineering , Electrical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering etc.. from recognized university . There is No Minimum percentage of marks require for IES Examination.

(OR )

You should complete Master degree in Wire Communication , Electronics , Radio Physics , Radio Engineering from recognized University .

Final year candidate / The candidate who waiting for the result for B.E course may also eligible to apply for the Course .

Age :- Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidates

So, After Completing you're B.tech course you're eligible for IES Examination.

WISH YOU LUCK..
17th September 2013, 08:38 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualifications required to apply for IES (Indian Engineering Services)exams is:

>> BE/BTECH pass in any stream
OR
>> Passed section A and Section B of Instution examinations of Institution of Engineers
Or
>> Graduate Membership Examination of Institute of electronics and Telecommunication Engineers

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Selection Procedure Involves:
>>Written Test
>> Personality Test

Written Test:

It will have two sections
Sections 1 will have objective questions
Section 2 will have subjective questions
17th September 2013, 11:37 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

IES: Indian Engineering Service.

Union Public service commission will hold the IES examination every year.If you are interested in the IES exam you fulfill the following conditions...

You must complete the Engineering from any one of the Following..

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical engineering

Electronics and telecommunication engineering.

And the age is in 21-30 years.

The Selection procedure consist of 2 sections namely

Written exam and Interview.

Written exam having the 2 sections.one is objective type and another one is essay type...

So you can go for IES examination....

All the best............................
17th September 2013, 11:37 AM
thegame007

INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES

IES officers are selected by the union government on the recommendations made by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). A combined four-stage competitive examination (comprising six tests), called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is conducted by the UPSC for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services.

EligibilitY

Nationality

The candidate must be one of the following:

--A citizen of India
--A citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan

Educational qualifications-

--At least a bachelor's degree in Engineering (B.E. / B. Tech) from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain services / posts only.[17]

Age limits--

--21-30 years on 1 January of the year of Engineering Services Examination.

[IMG]http://
Scheme of Examination
Paper I (Objective type) General Ability Test (Part A: General English) (Part B: General Studies) 200 Marks
Papers II & III (Objective type) Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering 200 Marks for each paper
Papers IV & V (Conventional type) Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering 200 Marks for each paper
Total marks for written examination 1000 Marks
Interview Personality Test 200 Marks[/IMG]
17th September 2013, 01:25 PM
Yashjp Soni

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56%

Yes friend, you are easily eligible to give the IES exam. There are no specific percentages requirements to give the IES exam. The age limits for the IES exam are 21-30 years. The age relaxations for this exam for Sc/St are 5 years & for the OBC it is 3 years. For more information visit www.upsc.gov.in. All The Best..
17th September 2013, 03:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Its good to see your interest towards the Indian Engineering services being an Engineer.From my point of view is the best option for career for a b.tech graduate .Its does not matter whether you have completed it in four or five years.

So you are eligible for the IES exam.

The minimum requirement for the Indian Engineering services is bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university.

Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

The age limit is 21-30 years for the general candidates and the obc and sc/st candidates can avail the age relaxation in upper age limit upto three and five years respectively.

You must be an Indian citizen.

UPSC conducts this examination every year and it is conducted in only four streams :

>>Civil engineering

>>Electronics and communication engineering .

>>Electrical Engineering

>>Mechanical engineering .

Since you are from EEE ,so for you electrical engineering will be the best preferred branch for the exam.

If you are interested in preparation ,the best institutes are :

>>Engineers institute of India

>>ACE engineering academy

>>MADE Easy

>>Vani Institute of engineering and technology.

IES exam pattern:

For any more details ,you can log on to www.upsc.gov.in .You can apply for the upcoming IES exam on www.upsconline.nic.in

Hope the information helps you as much as you expect .For any other assistance please do not forget to leave a message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy your life and all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
17th September 2013, 05:49 PM
bat cool

Hello

Yes you are eligible for IES exam being a B.Tech completed candidate. But you must complete B.Tech with only the following specifications i.e, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics engineering, Civil engineering.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC so to now the exam dates or to get the applications click www.upsc.gov.in

The age limit for IES exam is 21 - 30 years. Age relaxations are given only for reserved classes like OBC - 3 years , SC, ST - 5 years and ex - servicemen - 5 years etc

The exam is conducted in 2 exams i.e., preliminary exam and mains exam.

Preliminary exam is has questions in multiple choice and mains exam has long and short questions

The posts given to various engineers are different and it may vary accordingly

After passing the exam a medical test is conducted to meet the physique of the person which is needed to work in the required field

All the male and female candidates can apply having the required eligibility. All the candidates must be the origin of Indian Subcontinent

all the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notice_ESE2013_english.pdf(4.10 MB, 150 views)
17th September 2013, 09:19 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IES after completing B.Tech. degree, there is no requirement of percentage criteria in B.Tech. for application to IES.

IES - Indian Engineering Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for IES.

The candidate from any stream can apply for IES but he or she has to write IES in any of the following branch stream:- Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Electronics & Telecommunication.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th September 2013, 09:55 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............

Indian Engineering Service (IES) exam is conducted through UPSC for this the candidates have to appear Civil Service Exam...

The candidates should be a graduate in engineering field from a recognize university.
The age limit is 21 - 30 years, there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.
The exam pattern :

Syllabus:

For more details visit website.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck................
17th September 2013, 11:51 PM
piki05

Quote:
ES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.

As per your academic Qualification you are not applicable for IES exam because you are in B-Tech in CS background .

So you can try for others jobs like .

The govt sector options are -DRDO , BARC , ONGC , ISRO , NIC , IGDR , UPSC EXAM , BSNL JTO ,UPSC ,SSC etc.The age limit for those organization is maximum 30 years .Age relaxation provide only for SC/ST /OBC candiadte.

Also you are eligible in private sector also . The private sector company are TCS ,CTS ,IBM,HP,L&T,ALUNUS ,WIPRO etc.

The higher study options are MS , MBA ,M-TECH ,JRF ,SRF ,PHD etc.
17th September 2013, 11:54 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend yes youb are eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56% .

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

Indian Engineering Service examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

- Civil Engineering

- Electrical Engineering

- Mechanical engineering.

- Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Age limit:-

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Best of luck.......
18th September 2013, 11:19 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech. in EEE candidates are definitely eligible to apply for Engineering Services examination. UPSC conducts this examination for recruiting Engineering officers in various Indian Engineering Services.

There is no percentage criteria mentioned for the Engineering Services examination. So don't worry if you have got less marks in your Engineering Graduation

The engineers will be appointed in the following services after selection:

-Civil Engineering Services

-Mechanical Engineering Services

-Electrical Engineering Services

-Electronics Engineering Services

Age Limit :

General Category : 21 to 30 years

OBC Category : 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category : 21 to 35 years

Selection Procedure:

-Written Exam

-Interview

Written exam will have questions related to General studies, General English and questions form your Engineering subject.

Hence be prepared for the exam as the selection is on merit.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th September 2013, 08:24 PM
venkat fias

Eligibility for IES Exam:
candidates must be on Indian Citizen.
Complete any one bachelor degree on recognized university.
age between on 21-----30 years.
3 years relaxation on BC/MBCs.
5 years relaxation on SC/STs.
10 years relaxation on physical ability candidates.
This exam conducted by UPSC Service.
every year conduct this exam,
question are required from thease branches.
@ EEE
@ ECE
@ MECHANICAL
@ CIVIL.
19th September 2013, 12:09 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Indian Engineering services exam is conducted by the union public service commission for recruitment of engineers in various government technical departments.

Eligibility required for UPSC IES is as follows :-
~Candidates should be passed out with 4 years bachelor engineering degree from a recognized university.
~Those candidates who have bachelor engineering degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics and Communication/Civil will only be eligible to apply for this exam.
~Candidates minimum age should be 21 years and should not be above 30 years.

Quote:
Yes,you are eligible to apply for UPSC IES Exam and this exam no marks in required.
1)Those candidates who will be final year or waiting for their final result can apply for UP[SC IES Exam.
2)Those candidates who have Post Graduate degree in wireless technology or Radio technology will also be eligible to apply for UPSC IES Exam.
3)Candidates who have Five year Integrated Engineering degree will also be eligible to apply for UPSC IES Exam.

Age Relaxations :-
Age relaxations will be given to the reserved category candidates as per the government rules.So OBC candidates will get 3 years where as SC and ST candidates will get 5 years of age relaxations.OBC candidates should not be comes under the Creamy Lawyer and should not have any record in Police Stations and in courts.

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC_IES_details.pdf(86.2 KB, 54 views)
4th January 2014, 06:03 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services Exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year in order to recruit the candidates into various Engineering services like
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

The selection procedure would involve
-Written Exam
-Interview

In the written exam, the questions will be of both subjective and objective type.

Here is the eligibility criteria for this exam.

Academic qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation in Engineering from a recognized university.

Age criteria :
-Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-For OBC category, it should be 21-33 years.
-For Sc or ST category, it should be 21-35 years.

The candidates should be citizen of India in order to give this exam.

The number of attempts will be
For General category : Maximum of 4 times
For OBC category : Maximum of 7 times
There is no limit on the number of attempts for the candidates of SC or ST category. f

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?